Tingling feet

cara147m

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone,

Over the last week or so I have noticed a very mild tingling on the balls of both feet when I get in the bath or just as I go to sleep/wake up - it's doesn't wake me up or cause me pain. (A bit like taking off high heels after a long day).

I get slightly anxious about body symptoms that are usually normal. I can't figure out if this is a normal thing that I have just focused on or is this similar to the start on peripheral neuropathy? How did other people's neuropathy symptoms start?

Thanks x

Reactions: 2 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi Cara
it is a great question :cool:-- I myself have had times where the tops of my arches have been extremely itchy to the point I have rubbed a raw spot -- but my consultant is adamant it is not the beginnings of neuropathy

it will be interesting to see if others have some things individual to them
( i am still convinced it is -- but he keeps saying it isn't )

Reactions: 2 people

videoman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After 55 years ,very slowly the complications creep up on you. I can not recall any problems with my feet other than for the last number of years (and that's only a guess) my feet have lost feelings in some toes and they feel very hot at night,probably my fault as I find keeping the glucose levels low a bit hard?

raymond158

MY FEET ARE SO COLD I HAVE WORN BED SOCKS THE PAST 22 YEARS. MY .EYES ARE DETIORATING I NEED TO USE CAPITALS. AWAITING HOSPITAL APPOINTMENTS FOR BOTH CONDITIONS. DIFFICULTIES IN MAINTAINING GLUCOSE LEVELS

PurpleSky1111

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had tingling I one foot some years ago, although I'd just had a baby at the time and the dr said it was a trapped nerve from child birth.

He also told me that neuropathy tends to appear in both feet at the same time.

So maybe worth getting your dsn to check your feet over?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I have been to GP today because I dropped a tin of paint a couple weeks ago, and regularly drop phone.... Also my feet have gone numb on a few occasions when getting up from settee. No pain from either hands or feet but these are new things and I have really damaged ankles from not realising my foot had gone to sleep when I got up.
After 30+ years now have diagnosis of neuropathy. Not from bad levels but from cancer treatment....

I don't think I'm aware of tingling in hands most of the time.. But when I am sitting down quietly by myself I realise they are. Its not pins and needles just a numb sort of tingling.

inspraytion

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold weather
Iam 79 and have type 2 , diagnosed about 10 years ago. I have trouble getting my sugar levels low. I have a numbness in both feet, and it now seems to reach to my knees. At night my feet burn. I can finally relieve the problem by getting out of bed and simulate walking. I have had a doppler test on my arteries and everything is shown to be OK. I keep a close watch on my feet and so far have no signs of tissue breakdown. The condition wakes me up at least three times every night. and is it my imagination but having a pee seems to help the recovery. During the day although I can feel the numbness in the soles of my feet, because I am normally vertical or at least sitting down I do not have much problem. The nights are the worst, and of course the imagination runs wild, to thoughts of potential amputation. I think there has been deterioration in the last three months. Is there any way to relieve the condition?

DorKus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have burning on the soles of my feet it is there all day and night keeps me awake I have to get up almost every night my dr gives me gabapentine I can't say it works been on it for ten yrs now my Dr says he thinks I have had type two diabetes for a long time although I have had blood tests and always been told it is borderline am now trying to control it with diet but am finding it difficult don't know what to eat half the time

videoman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After 55 years as a type 1 I have had tingling/hot feet for the last 10-15 years and have been taking a drug for this problem.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had tingly toes (as my GP calls it) for a couple of years, getting no better and no worse. Some people compare the feeling to walking on pebbles. The nice bit is my feet feel warm and cosy most of the time, but I can also feel a cold surface underfoot.
Obviously from the above posts different people experience different symptoms. The NHS is only concerned with its quick toe-prick test, so any other concerns don't register unless you persist.
I urge newcomers with concerns about this or indeed anything else to start a new thread in the relevant section so that others can share their views. And since GPs are now being told to inform rather than dictate, try badgering your GP or diabetes nurse. If they don't know the answers, ask to see someone who does. Works for me.

Kenny_g.v

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello everyone,

Over the last week or so I have noticed a very mild tingling on the balls of both feet when I get in the bath or just as I go to sleep/wake up - it's doesn't wake me up or cause me pain. (A bit like taking off high heels after a long day).

I get slightly anxious about body symptoms that are usually normal. I can't figure out if this is a normal thing that I have just focused on or is this similar to the start on peripheral neuropathy? How did other people's neuropathy symptoms start?

Thanks x
Mine was the cause of new trainers rubbing my toes ,left foot thinking it would heal but it never did ,showed the db nurse and she said it was because the blood supply to Said foot was poor and the fine arteries in the foot were no longer supplying boold to the toes and the nerve damage was irriverseable sadly it lead to the loss of two toes and part of the foot I now walk with the aid of crunches because I have no balance due to the nerve damage to the foot ,,, I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD HAPPEN TO ME but people without db don't understand what its like living with it day to day so my advice would strongly be check your feet everyday and any slight changes get them checked out ASAP,,

Last edited: