tingling in hands

phila

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to eat chocolate, bread & cakes
Hi. Diagnosed in January and since get a tingling mainly in my little and ring fingers of both hands which is worse large at night & first thing in the morning. I never suffered from cold feet but do now and it's really strange because not even a hot water bottle warms them. Any ideas anyone.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
it is certainly worth mentioning this at your next appointment with your Diabetic nurse.
I have times where it takes ages for my feet to warm up in bed -- i try to never wear socks and keep a hot water bottle near but not too close to assist .

phila

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to eat chocolate, bread & cakes
I mentioned it to my GP and he said it could be just the body's nervous system reacting to the change in blood sugars. He didn't think it was major damage to be worried about as I am only recently diagnosed even though I had gone into keto acidosis when diagnosed

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I started having pins and needles/tingling on one hand and arm early mornings/on waking up some years back - pre diabetes. This became worse and eventually occurred in both arms and hands after diagnosis. But last summer I stopped taking my statins, and it only happens rarely now.

Robbity

PS: GP has been dismissive when I've mentioned it.:wideyed:

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi. Diagnosed in January and since get a tingling mainly in my little and ring fingers of both hands which is worse large at night & first thing in the morning. I never suffered from cold feet but do now and it's really strange because not even a hot water bottle warms them. Any ideas anyone.
Hi phila, I was diagnosed in Jan this year and at the beginning started to suffer with cold feet, what ever I did 2 pairs of socks and hot water bottles took ages to get warm again. Now not as bad. Also I did get pins and needles and that has settled down now, never knew why these things came and went. :rolleyes: