1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, Royal Holloway, University of London are conducting a study to understand how people with diabetes create and share knowledge online. Get involved here »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Tinternus and diabetic medication's.

Discussion in 'Other Health Conditions and Diabetes' started by Billy7764, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Billy7764

Billy7764 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Do any of the members suffer from tinternus related to your meds?

I am on Metformin, statin, and 3 high blood pressure tablets. I have been suffering from tinternus ever since I was diagnosed with T2 and put on these meds. I have never worked in a loud industry or been into loud music. I am convinced the two are connected but my GP is not so sure and informs me the is no treatment available for tinternus.

Has anyone experienced a relationship between tinternus and diabetes or prescription meds.

Cheers. Billy.

2. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Aspirin aggravates my tinitus. As far as I am aware, there is no real cure or treatment for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. hankjam

hankjam Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I'm a T2 on no meds with a head that could be church bells inside... and nothing I've come across has helped.
    Wish you luck

4. mahola

mahola Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I've suffered with tinnitus for many years. I have to sleep with the TV on in my room else I get no sleep at all. I've had it for a lot longer than I've been diabetic so for me there is no relationship between the two, although I'm type 1 not 2. And your doctor is right, there is no cure.

5. woodywhippet61

woodywhippet61 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I seem to have developed tinnitus at the same time as my bg levels went out of control. I'm not on meds and sadly now my bg levels are under control I still have tinnitus.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook