To low carb or not to low carb?

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, it is progress that the debate is 'open' on diabetes uk, as long as the arguments are clear. Just me, probably, but I didn't understand this bit:

... an analysis of the diets of more than 500 people in the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial showed that a higher fat and lower carbohydrate intake was linked to worse blood glucose control in these people. Generally, it is thought that self management skills which enable people to accurately match their carbohydrate intake and insulin is the most important thing for Type 1 diabetes control when it comes to what you eat

Why was there a link in the Trial between HFLC and worse blood glucose control? The writer omitted to say ... and merely continued to the next sentence: we must match our carb intake to our insulin. Which we knew anyway.:confused:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Yes, it is progress that the debate is 'open' on diabetes uk, as long as the arguments are clear. Just me, probably, but I didn't understand this bit:

... an analysis of the diets of more than 500 people in the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial showed that a higher fat and lower carbohydrate intake was linked to worse blood glucose control in these people. Generally, it is thought that self management skills which enable people to accurately match their carbohydrate intake and insulin is the most important thing for Type 1 diabetes control when it comes to what you eat

Why was there a link in the Trial between HFLC and worse blood glucose control? The writer omitted to say ... and merely continued to the next sentence: we must match our carb intake to our insulin. Which we knew anyway.:confused:

oh dear :(