To sleep, perchance to dream...?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This forum is missing something vital - the chance for us to bore each other with our dreams!

I'll start:

We (a random group of people who may have belonged to this forum, a book, or tv prog, cos I knew you all from somewhere) were shoplifting in a large department store.

The cunning plan was to steal suitcases, load them with loot, then wheel them past security using an invisibility potion.

All went to plan, and I arrived home, with heavy suitcase, just as the potion wore off.

But as I opened the door, something invisible brushed past me into the house - :eek::nailbiting::woot:
*Cue violins, and a palpable sense of sinister threat. *

And I was so freaked that I woke up
At 5.30 am on a miserably damp Monday morning. O joy.

What did YOU dream?

And please, let's keep it clean, eh?

Reactions: 6 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The only ones I remember are the bad ones :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3 people

Sancho panza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to have a few good ones when I was a young man
Sadly those days are well behind me lol

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, my goodness!
Am I the only shoplifting, kleptomaniac graduate of Hogwarts on the forum?

Waking is sooo mediocre, bland and boring compared with sleep - that's when the party starts!

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
The only ones I remember are the bad ones :rolleyes:

Me too Nigel. I had a bad one a few weeks ago where I thought someone, or something was holding on to my legs and i was actually shouting out , Help, Help me , it was so scary and so very real at the time. Luckily I didn't wake my daughter up. Lately, I have had some very strange and troubling dreams, since the complications to my wrist set in :( Hopefully tonight will be dream free :)

RRB

Reactions: 5 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Me too Nigel. I had a bad one a few weeks ago where I thought someone, or something was holding on to my legs and i was actually shouting out , Help, Help me , it was so scary and so very real at the time. Luckily I didn't wake my daughter up. Lately, I have had some very strange and troubling dreams, since the complications to my wrist set in :( Hopefully tonight will be dream free :)

RRB

Sounds like a Night/Sleep Terror, people often think that it's only children that experience these but adults can too, they are so scary and seem so real at the time.

Reactions: 4 people

Flowerpot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well, my goodness!

Waking is sooo mediocre, bland and boring compared with sleep - that's when the party starts!
Any chance you were hypo?;)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think we all have nightmares sometimes, and its often set off my the strangest things.

Even the dog has them. Every so often, he howls in his sleep. Poor lamb.

We have connected it to times when we've been shopping, and one of us has gone into a shop, while the other stays outside with him.
Or when we spend time with friends or family, and then leave them.

That night, he howls.

Poor wee nibblet hates the pack separating. :(

We've tried to acclimatise him to it, with small separations and returns, and he always looks fine.
But that night, he dreams he has to howl to the pack.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Sounds like a Night/Sleep Terror, people often think that it's only children that experience these but adults can too, they are so scary and seem so real at the time.

This has never happened before ( that I am aware off.) It really felt as though someone was actually holding on to my legs with a hand each side,:bigtears:
shivers.
Saying that I hope there will be no dreams tonight, I have found out at 10pm tonight on BBC4, a Hammer house horror........... Dracula :eek: I used to love being scared by those films years ago o_O With the late great actors of Hammer :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, my goodness!

Yes. Looks like you're the only one. :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
This has never happened before ( that I am aware off.) It really felt as though someone was actually holding on to my legs with a hand each side,:bigtears:
shivers.
Saying that I hope there will be no dreams tonight, I have found out at 10pm tonight on BBC4, a Hammer house horror........... Dracula :eek: I used to love being scared by those films years ago o_O Wioth the late great actors of Hammer :)

Hopefully it's a one-off then.

Those old films were classics, takes me back to my childhood where we would be too frightened to go to bed after watching them, Vincent Price & Christopher Lee were two scary actors :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well, my goodness!

I m sure that I mentioned something about my dreams in a thread about my RH symptoms. Because of fluctuating BSLs and hypos whilst asleep I had some really weird dreams not nightmares but some real coincidental stuff that I could write a blog about!
I had the usual puberty driven stuff as a teenager and thought I had left them behind.
The disruptive sleep patterns were causing me to rely on sleeping tablets to stay asleep and it wasn't until I was in control then a sleep of over 4 hours was very rare.
I think that because of the hypos that sometimes you are deprived of the third and fourth stages of sleep that aid recuperative actions for your body. That's why you still feel drowsy or can't wake up feeling and you are dogged tired.
Obviously then you become testy, angry, bothered, and frustrated turning into anxiety etc.
you have no energy and can't be bothered! And you still can't sleep!
I think Brunneria is still struggling from her RH days!!!!!!!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I m sure that I mentioned something about my dreams in a thread about my RH symptoms. Because of fluctuating BSLs and hypos whilst asleep I had some really weird dreams not nightmares but some real coincidental stuff that I could write a blog about!
I had the usual puberty driven stuff as a teenager and thought I had left them behind.
The disruptive sleep patterns were causing me to rely on sleeping tablets to stay asleep and it wasn't until I was in control then a sleep of over 4 hours was very rare.
I think that because of the hypos that sometimes you are deprived of the third and fourth stages of sleep that aid recuperative actions for your body. That's why you still feel drowsy or can't wake up feeling and you are dogged tired.
Obviously then you become testy, angry, bothered, and frustrated turning into anxiety etc.
you have no energy and can't be bothered! And you still can't sleep!
I think Brunneria is still struggling from her RH days!!!!!!!

Lol!
Actually, sorry to contradict your magnificent theory, but MY theory is that while I dream A LOT, I only remember the sensational ones... I mean, who needs to remember the boring stuff?

C

chris lowe

I think we all have nightmares sometimes, and its often set off my the strangest things.

Even the dog has them. Every so often, he howls in his sleep. Poor lamb.

We have connected it to times when we've been shopping, and one of us has gone into a shop, while the other stays outside with him.
Or when we spend time with friends or family, and then leave them.

That night, he howls.

Poor wee nibblet hates the pack separating. :(

We've tried to acclimatise him to it, with small separations and returns, and he always looks fine.
But that night, he dreams he has to howl to the pack.

No wonder he howls if you think he's a lamb! He's probably worried about that jar of mint sauce in the cupboard

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I dreamt of mince pies and feeding them to people and then refusing any given to me... mince pies why mince pies???

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Lol!
Actually, sorry to contradict your magnificent theory, but MY theory is that while I dream A LOT, I only remember the sensational ones... I mean, who needs to remember the boring stuff?
Did I say they were boring?

If I ever blog them, you will be surprised!

Bizarre is what I call mine! I have ended up out of bed, the wife has the bruises and the number of times I've had to go down and have a cuppa to recover is very many.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I often dream a lot, and have had several diabetes themed dreams over the last three months or so - I can't actually remember the last couple, but the first was about going to work early and deciding I could shop around for my breakfast, only to find that there was nothing suitable for diabetics available at all! It all took place in a medieval town of sorts and my workplace was right at the top of a narrow winding set of stairs. Nowhere like I've ever been before - and I often dream about living in the same place - almost as if I have an alternate life somewhere else...

I suppose this was a worry dream - I used to get these a lot - mainly about being made to go back to school and stay there until I'd taken and passed all the exams, and these went on until I was well into my 40s - so they were occurring long past the time when it was reasonable to think this might happen!

One of my dogs has had nightmares too and I've heard him howl, but he also has really happy ones too and his tail wags like mad.. Most of theme over the years have had running/chasing dreams where their feet are twitching, and they go yip, yip, yip...

I do have some (other) scary nightmares too, but not for a while, though at the moment waking up is something of a nightmare instead, as I feel as though someone has chucked a bucket of water over me, and I'm soaking wet and very miserable.. I've been too sorry for myself to get my meter and test to see what might be happening..

I hope this has bored you enough now, Brunneria?

Robbity

PS When i was very small I used to have a recurring dream about a scarecrow with a :wideyed:green:wideyed: head who use to live in a ploughed field between our road and the next - nothing happened at all - he was just there, and It wasn't at scary"! I have no idea what that was all about! But it's been one of my strongest memories over the many years since I was that little giirl.