Topical chicken soup to treat type 1 diabetes? The immunological basis explained ...

vinucube

Technical version:
Topical chicken protein to treat type 1 diabetes? The immunological basis explained ...
https://www.researchgate.net/public..._1_diabetes_The_immunological_basis_explained

Simplified version:

Strange idea? May not be for people familiar with food allergy treatment.
Peanut protein patch applied to HEALTHY skin is a treatment for peanut allergy.
One of the ways peanut protein applied to skin works, is the generation of regulatory T cells (Tregs) specific to peanut.
Tregs regulate/moderate the immune system's reaction to peanut exposure.
One of the causes for type 1 diabetes (T1D) is a reduction in the number of Tregs in the pancreas. This allows CD8+ T cells to attack the islet cells, unrestrained, causing T1D.

Why chicken soup?

As explained in the articles below, chicken protein is the most likely source of the proteins that train the CD8+ T cells to attack the islet cells. We need chicken protein specific Tregs to restrain them.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...detailed_look_at_Crohn's_disease_and_Vitiligo
https://www.researchgate.net/public...istent_with_injected_vaccines_as_causal_agent

The potential solution is to create chicken protein specific Tregs by topical chicken soup.

Why topical and not drinking/eating chicken soup?

Tregs are trained to migrate to a certain part of the body.
Eating/drinking chicken soup generates Tregs that migrate to the gut.
Topical chicken soup generates Tregs that migrate to the skin.
As described in the articles above, the CD8+ T cells that attack islet cells are trained to migrate to the skin. But it turns out the pancreas attract these cells by producing the same chemical attractant as the skin.
Therefore skin homing Tregs produced by topical chicken soup will also migrate to the pancreas just like the CD8+ T cells.

Going by the peanut patch experience, it could take up to a year to see the effect ... if it works.

IMPORTANT: Never apply food proteins to damaged skin, only to HEALTHY skin.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Thanks for this, vinucube, it's really interesting though I confess I'd be wary of applying a peanut patch to the skin of a person who's likely to get anaphalectic shock when exposed to peanuts.
I always thought chicken soup was the legendary go-to panacea for all ills for the yiddisha momma. Never guessed it could lead to damaged beta cells!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
A bit worried that spreading the word might put people off vaccinations - really DON'T want to see the return of polio, smallpox, measles, diphtheria et al !!!!!!

vinucube

Thanks for this, vinucube, it's really interesting though I confess I'd be wary of applying a peanut patch to the skin of a person who's likely to get anaphalectic shock when exposed to peanuts.
I always thought chicken soup was the legendary go-to panacea for all ills for the yiddisha momma. Never guessed it could lead to damaged beta cells!
Chicken soup should obviously be eaten but unfortunately somebody decided to inject it and that is where the problem began.
Proteins should never be injected. Discovered and ignored for a hundred years.
https://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/1913/richet-lecture.html

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I just happen to be sat here eating home made chicken and sweetcorn soup.
Do I eat one bowl and then tip, another over my head?

D._Activist

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank you vinucube for posting these links as they are valuable in helping people to understand that when they have been socialized to think of something as good they may have only half the story. If you asked any parent whether they would trade the possibility of preventing the condition being vaccinated for against the reality of a lifetime of T1D they would probably throw the vaccine in the dumpster.

Reactions: Crystalwand