Travel insurance for pregnant Type 1

Abi W

Hi everyone

Does anyone have any recommendations for travel insurance to cover a pregnant (22wks) diabetic (Type 1)? We're going away in 10 days time.

I gather that getting an insurer to cover you if you're pregnant is hard enough (and I know it's a pain trying to get travel insurance as a type 1), so any suggestions from women in this situation who've managed to get a decent policy would be very welcome.

Thanks!
Abi

Saintleonard

Hi I am a newly diagnosed type 1
We are going on a cruise in September and I got travel insurance from insure and go. Very reasonable price £58 and covers both of us with declared medical cover , although I am not pregnant (wrong sex) I can't see that as being a problem as I also work for an insurance company.i hope you have a great time in holiday.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Abi W

Hi both

Just wanted to say thank you very much for your recommendations - I ended up going with Virgin, but their insurance is through Insure & Go anyway! Your tips saved me an afternoon of ringing around and I'm really grateful. Now, bring on those hols!

Best wishes,
Abi

LettyLocke

Virgin is really great. I during last summer was pregnant and needed the travel insurance, searched many insurance companies but found it very hard to get the deal done (given my condition), but then I consulted an insurance lawyer at Auckland and then he suggested me to go for Virgin and that was the final deal breaker. A single expert advice can for sure save your day. Enjoy your travel and have a good time there.