Tresiba for a 6year old

MaisyMoo10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
my 6year old daughter has been put on tresiba and were wondering if there's any feed back from parents with children that are on it.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @MaisyMoo10

Bumping this for you :)

Do you have any particular concerns or questions about the Tresiba?

MaisyMoo10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @MaisyMoo10

Bumping this for you :)

Do you have any particular concerns or questions about the Tresiba?
Hi just wondering how people have found it as any of the parents I've spoken to haven't tried tresiba. Tbh honest were struggling with BG levels and any information is great.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you don't get answers from parents, you could search in the Type 1 section. I know it won't be as much use as hearing from another parent, but hopefully it will help a little.

Have you considered a pump @MaisyMoo10 ? If you haven't, it's worth exploring as a possibility.

Pharris45

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi there. My daughter who is 12 was put on Treseba from levimir. We found for the first 3 -4 weeks it was amazing, levels were pretty much always in range. However we have put her back over to levimir for now as her waking bloods were getting higher and higher to the point of 30 units of treseba and waking on 22.9. I think it could be a mixture of hormones and growth contributing but we are back on levimir and now split this and much happier numbers. Hope this helps a bit?

MaisyMoo10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
If you don't get answers from parents, you could search in the Type 1 section. I know it won't be as much use as hearing from another parent, but hopefully it will help a little.

Have you considered a pump @MaisyMoo10 ? If you haven't, it's worth exploring as a possibility.
Maisy is due to go on the pump in December and it can't come quick enough, but have to say we have found Tresiba has worked brilliant as a long lasting insulin compared to the levimer .

Reactions: azure