Triple success - T2 diet and exercise only

AlexMagd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've had three wins this week, and I'm so happy about them!

1) Just got the results from my first HbA1C after diagnosis in August, and it's down from 70 to 35. All down to the dietary advice you guys here have provided, and some amazing support from family and friends. My doctor seemed quite stunned - can't wait to talk to her about it in detail

2) I'm now officially - for the first time in about seven years - not obese. My BMI has moved over to 'overweight'. Have lost around 3.5 stone since August. I feel *so* much better physically

3) Lastly, I've just come back off a three week holiday and have managed to still lose 3 pounds. I was really surprised as often I wasn't able to find low-carb options while I was out there, and of course there are all the temptations of being on holiday!

None of this would be possible without the kind and helpful people on this forum - so thank you all :)

Next steps: keep losing weight on LCHF, and give the Newcastle Diet a go in January - just in case I'm able to restore a semblance of normal insulin response.

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow!!!!

It is lovely that you are getting great support from family and friends. Well done to them, too!

My story on the HbA1c is similar: 67 down to 37 in the first 2.5 months on low-carb. Plus, it continued going down in the following months (see signature).

Congratulations and welcome to the club.

Reactions: Granny_grump_

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Wonderful news! Congrats!! Give yourself a much deserved pat on the back and a good look at an old photo and say "That used to be me - Look at me now!!" :)

Reactions: Grateful

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This gives me hope. Next HbA1c test due in mid December and I have my fingers crossed for a reduction.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very, very well done, @AlexMagd . That's quite a shift in such a short period of time.

I imagine you have already become acquainted with the next painful element of the process - that of the pain in the wallet as our wardrobes need to be replaced. As I got trim, then skinny, I made a pact with myself to try not to buy too many new clothes at any given time, as I recognised I could well have been repeating the process.

It sounds like you have a decent on-going plan for your situation, and I bow to you for your intention to try the ND. By the time I heard of it, after my own diagnosis, I was already very trim with numbers in the non-diabetic range. Had it been on my radar earlier, I'm not altogether sure I'd have given it a go.

Good luck as you move forward, and I hope your progress continues.

Carl7872

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Alex . Congratulations .well done.Your success really inspires me. I was diagnosed on August too plus high cholesterol. I changed my lifestyle making more exercise 5 times a week . 3 times running 4 times strength weightlifting. And two times core and abs. Like I was really young. I changed my diet thanks to this group. It have been really awesome. Books diets testimonies... And next Friday I am going for my first control test hbA1c... I am really scary. I am 50 and a kid of just 4yo. Thanks for your success God bless you

James2

I've had three wins this week, and I'm so happy about them!

1) Just got the results from my first HbA1C after diagnosis in August, and it's down from 70 to 35. All down to the dietary advice you guys here have provided, and some amazing support from family and friends. My doctor seemed quite stunned - can't wait to talk to her about it in detail

2) I'm now officially - for the first time in about seven years - not obese. My BMI has moved over to 'overweight'. Have lost around 3.5 stone since August. I feel *so* much better physically

3) Lastly, I've just come back off a three week holiday and have managed to still lose 3 pounds. I was really surprised as often I wasn't able to find low-carb options while I was out there, and of course there are all the temptations of being on holiday!

None of this would be possible without the kind and helpful people on this forum - so thank you all :)

Next steps: keep losing weight on LCHF, and give the Newcastle Diet a go in January - just in case I'm able to restore a semblance of normal insulin response.

hi AlexMagd
great results glad that all your hard work has paid off , very impresive to have lost weight whilst on holiday, i am really glad for you and that you feel better physically
i have type two and latest results are showing at non diabetic levels . i have always struggled with my weight so that has come down but need to lose 4 stone to get out of obese
best wishes
James 2:)

AlexMagd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi AlexMagd
great results glad that all your hard work has paid off , very impresive to have lost weight whilst on holiday, i am really glad for you and that you feel better physically
i have type two and latest results are showing at non diabetic levels . i have always struggled with my weight so that has come down but need to lose 4 stone to get out of obese
best wishes
James 2:)

Thanks James2 - best of luck with your own weight loss journey! 4 stone sounds like a lot to lose, but I guess it depends on how much you've lost already. Losing 7 stone seemed like an insurmountable thing to me, but I'm almost halfway there now :)

Lynnzhealth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Excellent!! I started this journey a year ago and I'm amazed at how quickly everything changed, especially at my age (70).

Beginning journey, 2017-03-09

Weight 155.6
A1C 6.7
Chol 4.6
HDL 1.54
LDL 2.69
Ratio 3
TG 0.8
Fasting BG 4.8
Trigl 0.8

Now: 2018-03-21

Weight 112.8
A1C 5.5
Chol 3.7
HDL 1.29 (went down because I was sick and not getting exercise for two weeks)
LDL 2.13
Ratio 2.9
TG 0.6
Fasting BG 5.1
Trigl 0.6

Now I have to find a good balance so I don't lose anymore weight. Can't believe I'm actually saying that.

Congratulations to everyone on their success stories.