Trying to relax about levels and get this

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So was 6.0mmol before lunch today then 2 hours later was 7.8mmol, just got slagged by the lad telling me that's too much of a jump, makes me feel like utter **** and a failure :( x
Nothing wrong with those numbers kaylz91 and your not a failure x

Reactions: kaylz91

Robbieswan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My levels can vary greatly but then it comes to a point where something tips you over. I often get variables exceeding 2 but only to find later on my levels have returned. Please don't feel like a failure. Like me you are learning and must keep learning. Through the pain, ridicule and put downs. You have to be selfish and keep going. Glass half full.

Reactions: Juicyj

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kaylz91 Hun cut yourself some slack, that's nothing to worry about, not quite sure where this lad gets his online knowledge from but until he walks in your shoes then he's got no idea what your dealing with, maybe when he gets a PhD then he will start to come close but until then ignore his comments. A post meal spike is typical for diabetics, some will pre bolus by say up to 20 mins to counter it, but the most important reading is your pre meal test, as long as you are in range again at this point then your bolus calculation was correct and did the job.
The problem was it was a completely different meal to what I usually eat so I based the bolus timing on what it usually is as you do when your trying something different but at least by experimenting I will know to leave it a few minutes longer next time to reduce it :) x

Reactions: Juicyj and db89

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @kaylz91 your doing a great job hun don’t be so hard on yourself, it’s all about trial and error and it’s great your trying different things too, it’s good to have variety in your diet x

Reactions: kaylz91

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You need to give him a good talking to! I hate when other people try and tell me my numbers are good or bad, they're my numbers so it's my opinion that matters! I'm angry on your behalf, people like that need to mind their own business.