trying to stay calm

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Another good day. Just realised that not only are my hands and feet seldom really cold now, but hands don't feel nearly so clumsy and I can take 3 or four samples from the same drop. I used to struggle to get one. Not sure if its the diet or B12 I am taking.
Just had a fry up and cheese and biscuits to celebrate.

Reactions: 2 people

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
It seems like a very long time since I started this thread. Tomorrow I retire after 38 years of shift work so will have to learn how to eat normally again.
I did an experiment on myself after diagnosis. I lost weight and dropped my HbA1c for three monthly tests. On the 4th I held my weight But still tried to keep My BG down. The next HbA1c still dropped. I am not sure that losing weight helps as much as eating in a way which will cause you to lose weight. Just a theory. Will have much more time for silly Ideas now.

Reactions: 7 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It seems like a very long time since I started this thread. Tomorrow I retire after 38 years of shift work so will have to learn how to eat normally again.
I did an experiment on myself after diagnosis. I lost weight and dropped my HbA1c for three monthly tests. On the 4th I held my weight But still tried to keep My BG down. The next HbA1c still dropped. I am not sure that losing weight helps as much as eating in a way which will cause you to lose weight. Just a theory. Will have much more time for silly Ideas now.

Retired?? Congratulations, I take it this is early retirement ?;)

So you are going to have more free time - what are you planning to get up to, apart from spending more time here ?:happy:

And if your ideas regarding diet, weight loss and good BG's are silly, you need to teach us all how to be silly :)

Not that I need any help in the silliness department, you understand :D

Signy

Reactions: 4 people

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Retired?? Congratulations, I take it this is early retirement ?;)

So you are going to have more free time - what are you planning to get up to, apart from spending more time here ?:happy:

And if your ideas regarding diet, weight loss and good BG's are silly, you need to teach us all how to be silly :)

Not that I need any help in the silliness department, you understand :D

Signy
Yes it is early cheeky:p