Tummy ache and Eggy burps.

oliverlexie

Hi everyone,
As mentioned in previous post Lexie is doing really well - levels settling down, and we are both becoming more experienced in our new life!
We are still waiting for the School doctor to discuss with her teacher all the necessary info for her return to school - so I have decided with the teachers agreement to start after half term with her - just be there incase of any problems - It should do my French the world of good - I guess I am a similar level to a 7 year old!!! I am hoping it will help the teacher to understand the daily routine before the meeting with the Doc and it will all go smoothly after then.

We are having a funny few days with Lexie deciding she is fed up with the foods and I think the processes - fed up with having to have fruit 3 times a day, I guess its a bit mundane when you are a child.
She has been complaining on and off for a few days about feeling slightly nauseous and stomach cramps , with today losing her appetite, nauseous but not actually being sick and cramps. She also has horrendous burps which smell eggy. I have reduced her dose of insuline today and checking her levels every 2 hours ( 1st illness syndrome!)as she has barely eaten today. She remains perfectly within her levels so not too high.
I have googled it - sometimes the worse thing to do but I wanted to ask if anyone else had suffered from similar - maybe I am so focussed on the diabetes that I have forgotten that she will have other bugs.
Is there anything you would recommend - She has had a few tummy massages and some peppermint tea. Also is there anything you would give thats not huge when they suffer from lack of appetite that will keep them ticking over - I guess it would be carb based.
Thanks as always in advance!!!
Julie

kay957

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi

I had the very same thing happen to me last week, the eggy burps was the worst, it appears it was a norovirus that's going about, and it goes away after 48 hours, so try not to worry too much.

Reactions: ickihun

sevenangels

HI,
My son was diagnosed with diabetes nearly 3 yrs ago, he reguarly suffers from stomach discomfort and eggy burps, still have no idea what the cause is, do wonder if it is linked to the diabetes.

stoney

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
sevenangels said:
HI,
My son was diagnosed with diabetes nearly 3 yrs ago, he reguarly suffers from stomach discomfort and eggy burps, still have no idea what the cause is, do wonder if it is linked to the diabetes.

I DO NOT WISH TO ALARM YOU but this stomach discomfort and smelly burps should be checked out as my son now 14 diagnosed at 3 with diabetes was diagnosed with coeliacs disease when he was 8. This type of auto-immune problem of coeliacs does sometimes go hand in hand with diabetes in children. Do try and get your son checked out. A simple blood test will tell. Thank goodness I caught my son in time, as he did lose some weight but can if not caught early enough stunt growth.

Please don't think I am scare mongering but I would have this checked out.

Best of Luck :|