Turned down pip

bigears71

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
running
My daughter has just turned 16 and applied for pip continuing from her being on dla from 12 yr old. She was refused and got no points whatsoever. Anyone any advice?
Hi just a quick response you have to remember pip/ is totally the opposite to dla with pip you have to tell them how the illness you have effects you on a daily basis always explain your worst days as in DLA it was more what conditions you had ie how many hypos does she have how many times did you intervien to help a etc can she use a cooker are only a microwave do you need to give a supervision if yes how many hours a week do you need to help a out about see what a mean!!

D

Deleted Account

No nothing to do with the nurse. She's not great at maths so struggles to work out the carbs. She has problems retaining information which the pyhologist stated in her letter. So has to be constantly reminded to check and test and do her 24 hr insulin. I have tried to take a step back from her last review appointment and her bloods are all over the place.
Not an answer to your PIP question but have you taken a look at using a pump? This removes the need for the 24hr hour basal injection and can help with the maths. Unfortunately, it does not remove the need to do finger prick tests or guess how many carbs are in your meal but once you know, the pump will calculate the insulin dose.

catfan

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Too many to list.
Regarding Weetabix for breakfast, you will find the rules say preparing & cooking a meal. Not microwaving a meal or eating a bowl of cereal !
Appeal.

Reactions: zand

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Not an answer to your PIP question but have you taken a look at using a pump? This removes the need for the 24hr hour basal injection and can help with the maths. Unfortunately, it does not remove the need to do finger prick tests or guess how many carbs are in your meal but once you know, the pump will calculate the insulin dose.
A pump would be a complete waste of time as it involves a lot more work and commitment than MDI

Just realised this thread is more than a year old.

Reactions: yingtong

Mas1478

PIP answers come in both a physical and mental health response for example you may have no physical problems with personal hygiene but may need encouraged to go for a wash or change clothes due to depression ..... this is the same for nearly all questions if in doubt go to citizens advice

Reactions: zand