Tv Series and movies

LiamC93

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Anyone have any tv series/movies suggestions?

Not GoT or the walking dead though ahah

Vicstaar_01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Luther , Line of Duty, Boy next door, November rule.

All on Netflix ; watched them myself yesterday. Good watch

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
In recent times for tv series I can recommend Game of Thrones, Banshee, Sons of Anarchy, The Pacific, The Night Of, The Blacklist.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Comedies. I would suggest Spaced, League of gentlemen, Nathan Barley, Day today & Brass eye..

Films?
This is worth a punt.

If you can find this rare gem? (The trailer don't do this "Pulp fiction'esq plot any favours.)
An uplifting film though....

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Like music it really depends what you enjoy watching - my favourite newcomer from last year was Billions which has just started a second series. I've just gotten round to working my way through Fringe a mere 9 years late.

Reactions: ixi1429 and dbr10
D

Deleted member 308541

I am into Nordic Noir which is broadcast on SBS television here in Australia.

The series I am watching has not been broadcast yet, but I am watching it on their on demand streaming service.

The show is called Dicte who is a police reporter on a local newspaper, who helps the police by tracking down the perps.

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Depends what genre you like, I love a good Scandi Noir but not everyone likes subtitles.

The Bridge - I went over to Malmo last year from Copenhagen, but I went on the train, so went under the bridge! Next time, if there is ever a chance I'll get the bus :) The Killing is a great series too. Love all the Scandi detective series, they all have me jumping out of my seat!

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!

The series I am watching has not been broadcast yet, but I am watching it on their on demand streaming service.

The show is called Dicte who is a police reporter on a local newspaper, who helps the police by tracking down the perps.

Will have to look for that one. Have you watched Beck, The Bridge or The Killing?

C

chris lowe

I love my Nordic Noir. Currently watching Follow the Money Series 2. Got Wallander (the proper one not Kenneth Brannagh) on DVD along with most of the other Noir programmes. Spiral is good if you like gritty crime but French

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
In recent times for tv series I can recommend Game of Thrones, Banshee, Sons of Anarchy, The Pacific, The Night Of, The Blacklist.

Missed out the excellent BBC series Peaky Blinders, seen yesterday that Adrien Brody is to star in series 4 :)

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

@Tipetoo I'm now on my 4th episode of Dicte, watching via the internet alone at my son's flat.... Will I ever sleep tonight? Every noise will have me petrified

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
A couple of good Sky drama's, both Fortitude and The Tunnel are worth watching.