two questions

MING

Is a BP of 130/82 good or bad for a 63 yr old ? (T2 diet only)
Does anybody else find it harder to manage BS in this very cold weather ?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Sorry Mobrien but that is not spot on !

If you are a diabetic then you need to have tight control of your blood pressure.

Here is the information from the Blood Pressure Association:

Ideally, we should all have a normal blood pressure at or below 120 over 80 (120/80). This is the ideal blood pressure for people wishing to have good health. At this level, we have a much lower risk of heart disease or stroke.

Normal blood pressure is having a blood pressure reading that is above 120 over 80(120/80), but below 140 over 90 (140/90). If your blood pressure is within this range, you should be taking steps to bring it down, or to stop it rising any further.

The reason why people with normal blood pressure readings should lower it is that the higher your blood pressure, the higher your risk of health problems. For example, a blood pressure level of 135 over 85 (135/85) may be “normal” but someone with this reading is twice as likely to have a heart attack or stroke as someone with a reading of 115 over 75 (115/75).

suffolkboi61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Marzipan ewwwwwwwwww
My last Bp was 117/70 which as I have been informed is in the perfect range for a diabetic.

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
MING said:
Is a BP of 130/82 good or bad for a 63 yr old ? (T2 diet only)
Does anybody else find it harder to manage BS in this very cold weather ?

Managing the BG/BS levels is not a problem for me now that I have cut right down on the carbs. I am always cold however and I am looking forward to the spring. :)

What problems are you having?

MING

It's the husband not me, he is very cold, especially his hands. He isnt on betablockers or anything and this cold is new for him, he never used to feel the cold. He gets a bit woozy and faint too, very easily if he is out in the cold.

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
I think it is fair to say that there are quite a few of us who feel the cold and it is not unusual. :(

I just wrap up and use hot water bottles indoors ( :lol: ) and some pocket hand warmers for times when I am out and very cold. (Hot'n'Handy Pocket Hand Warmers from fatface.com)