Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Good to hear from your @indiaemily I have been watching the thread to see if you've posted, so pleased you did ;)

Don't ever feel alone, we are your diabetes family so when you are ready to take control, come back.

I hope you find courage to speak out and get the support you need to get on top of this, think of it as 'nothing to lose' so make a nuisance of yourself and good luck x

Reactions: 6 people

Claire007

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know you're probably not ready for this yet, but it might be an idea for when you are. I have only recently been diagnosed, I was terrified, couldn't take on board any info, and totally bewildered.
I started by calculating:
One breakfast ( I don't often eat breakfast though, and when I do it's full fat Greek yoghurt and strawberries, every time!)
Three lunches
Three dinners. That was it, for the first couple of weeks I pretty much stuck to this, I calculated the carbs, injected and adjusted if necessary. I then began to add in more meals. I felt safer doing it this way.

One day at a time sweetheart, you'll get there x

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liars, dishonesty and general bad people.
I just want to say thank you for all the positive comments, advice and supportive words. I'm out of hospital, but my diabetes is really out of control and I've been referred to a new mental health team to try get a new diagnosis. I really do appreciate all the help people are giving me, it's made me really emotional because I've never had this kind of support before, I suppose i am just overwhelmed and a bit scared with all the helpful advice so I'm trying to sort my mental health out over the next few weeks and I suppose my diabetes is just gonna take the brunt of me being down at moment, thank you again xxx
------------------------------------
Just take it easy An I hope only the best for you :)

Reactions: 2 people

Bagpuss Lives!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got diagnosed at 25, am now 42 (almost!). And I've found it incredibly hard going and not accepted it until about a year ago.....and had got alot of the complications. I wouldn't comply too well with insulin and only took it randomly eg when I felt so sick I threw up, and was falling over cos my bs was so high. My meter would read "hi" - ie 33+ so I'd take a randomly decided 40units of humalog, have nothing to eat or drink for the next 4 hours. Then when I retested my bloods it'd have come down to 27 -29. So clearly it'd been horrifically high. I learnt the hard way.

Ask ur dsn or GP or consultant for referral for support and counselling, they won't tell you what or how to feel and can support you to get ur head round it

Reactions: 4 people