Type 1: Dr bernstein diabetes solution book / diet

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not ignorant!!! VLC is very low carb and macros are percentages of fat,,protein and carbs. And yes, I'm very high tuned. I don't like surpises on my meter. OCD lol. I hate rollercoasters. Makes me feel awful.

Bernstein is 6, 12,12. So 30 carbs per day. Lowest carb bf and then ramp up but still low carb.

I eat 80% fat but mostly mono fat, not saturated, then above ground veggies for carbs and some protein of course.

It works for me .....

Reactions: jcdevine

jcdevine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not ignorant!!! VLC is very low carb and macros are percentages of fat,,protein and carbs. And yes, I'm very high tuned. I don't like surpises on my meter. OCD lol. I hate rollercoasters. Makes me feel awful.

Bernstein is 6, 12,12. So 30 carbs per day. Lowest carb bf and then ramp up but still low carb.

I eat 80% fat but mostly mono fat, not saturated, then above ground veggies for carbs and some protein of course.

It works for me .....
I'm inspired! Thanks for the info. Roolercoastering is so exhausting. I want rid of it. I sooo want to be in control.. Thanks for all the extra info!

Reactions: Freema

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm inspired! Thanks for the info. Roolercoastering is so exhausting. I want rid of it. I sooo want to be in control.. Thanks for all the extra info!
Anytime!!! I adore my food. I'd rather crumble a nice rare burger on. Alarge piece of lettuce with mustard mayo tomato mushrooms and onions than eat the tasteless bun!
I simply love my avocado and celery bf.
Egg, chicken, tuna, turkey with mayo and a few chopped onions. Either on lettuce or just with a fork.
Fat has so much more flavor than breads. Sure, I'd love some sweet potatoes but the roller coaster is too painful. I found a routine that makes putting together meals very simple. Having some rare lamb chops, asparagus and avocado as I type.

Stick around this site and read the what have you eaten today threads. Lots of good ideas. The dietdoctor has great recipes. Easily tweakable to your taste. Most of us that low carb and eat more fat love our food and our new found health!!i get the added bonus that I digest fat much better than carbs. When I first went low carb 25 years ago ( Atkins style) I had amazing health results. Aches and pains gone, bloated stomach gone, energy shy high, fatigue out the door and the list goes on. Not to mention weight loss as an added bonus. I've maintained that same weight for 25 years. I erdonthe carbs for a few days and it's right back on. Not my cup of tea.

Just be ready to test OFTEN as my insulin needs decreased a lot. Always have hypo treatments until you sort things out.