Type 1 meters, whos on what??

cezli84

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
needles and Diabetes!
Since being told i had diabetes in april, i got myself an accu chek aviva metre which seemed great, expensive to buy but due to being told i was T2 an didnt need one, i couldnt get it on prescription. I was put on metformin with no effect until I was very ill after that an turns out i have T1!! I have been given glucomenLX which is a really good. Then i ordered free metres from onetouch IQ, its not bad but prefer the other one. I also ordered accu chek mobile which uses a cassette strip instead of the stick ones which is excellent, i would recommend it to anyone. Anyone have any metres better than that to try??x

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The Glucomen LX is a good meter as it also test for ketones, I've got this meter as a back-up just for ketone testing alone.

I'm using a pump and it has an integrated bg meter so presently just use that, but beforehand on MDI I used the Accu-Chek Aviva Expert, it's a great bg meter as its also a bolus adviser and advises on how much insulin to take based on the information you put into the meter, if your interested you need to speak with your DSN and theydo normally insist on a training session so you can work the bolus advise feature correctly.

Reactions: 4 people

NinaB73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I also use the Aviva Expert, after many years on many meters it does take the 'thinking' out of dosing your insulin to a certain degree, great if you are in a hurry or as like yourself knew to it all! Makes you think about your carb count also as you need to input this before it gives you the dose. Like noblehead says it needs a bit of training and learning how to readjust it from time to time as our lives change. Saves my brain a bit when the tea is nearly burning!!!

Reactions: 5 people

lma89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Accucheck mobile is great no faffing with strips they come in a preloaded cassette and lancets have six needles to a bud you just flick a switch when u need a new one

Reactions: 4 people

cezli84

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
needles and Diabetes!
The Glucomen LX is a good meter as it also test for ketones, I've got this meter as a back-up just for ketone testing alone.

I'm using a pump and it has an integrated bg meter so presently just use that, but beforehand on MDI I used the Accu-Chek Aviva Expert, it's a great bg meter as its also a bolus adviser and advises on how much insulin to take based on the information you put into the meter, if your interested you need to speak with your DSN and theydo normally insist on a training session so you can work the bolus advise feature correctly.
I will have a look into that one, i like the accu chek mobile coz its easy. Not got round to changin the cassette yet. I see my dsn nxt thurs so will enquire about that. Feeling a bit more positive today, its not all doom an gloom, the quicker i accept it an get my head round it, the quicker i can sort it.

Reactions: 8 people

Berty16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The accu check mobile is awesome!!!! All in one and easy to use I have that one and the Bayer Contour next UBS which I'm currently using which I find also good but noticed the hassle of tabs etc. I do find that with the accu check you need a bit more blood than some others.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
The accu check mobile was the most awful meter I had ever tried. It went in the bin.
I now use the Contour next meter and find it to be excellent.

Reactions: 2 people