Type 1 Teens.

t1caitlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I don't like it when people judge a book by its cover - like my illness is hidden so don't judge so quickly.
Hiya ,
I'm Caitlin , a type one diabetic teenager (15) .
I just thought I would reach out to those who are of a similar position to me. Sometimes it feels like we're alone. Living with type one diabetes whilst being a teenager can prove to be more than difficult at some times. I have my ups and downs as i'm sure everyone does. Struggling with my Hba1c but getting there...and what with the highs and lows and the emotions that come with it. Not to mention normal teenage antics!
I am more than happy for any other teens out there to know that you aren't alone even though sometimes it feels like you are! We are all important and can help each other and support each other.
Best wishes ,
Caitlin. x

Reactions: himtoo

laurakirkup

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Caitlin, that's such a sweet message I hope other people your age get in touch! I struggled with my diabetes for years when I was a teenager, hormones really don't help but I promise it gets easier. As boring as it is having good control will make your life so much easier, your HB test is always daunting but it isn't the be all and end all! As long as your doing everything you can to keep it under control you have nothing to worry about Xx

Reactions: himtoo

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi there !! :)
tagging @bluepatch9 as she is your age and could be a good friend !!

all the best !!

Amy993

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, i am also a diabetic teen(16). I have only been diagnosed 7 weeks, a week before moving away to college. My levels are still all over the place! I found it really awkward at lonely at first, but my friends hereat college are now really caring and supportive! I also have the issue of my HBA1C being too high. It was over 120 a month ago! Last week had gone down to 78, so i'm getting there slowly!x

Amsjadee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
sports, reading
Hi, i am also a diabetic teen(16). I have only been diagnosed 7 weeks, a week before moving away to college. My levels are still all over the place! I found it really awkward at lonely at first, but my friends hereat college are now really caring and supportive! I also have the issue of my HBA1C being too high. It was over 120 a month ago! Last week had gone down to 78, so i'm getting there slowly!x

i am 17 and have been type 1 for nearly a year and half. here if you need some advice or a chat. I've been in a similar place to you as i was diagnosed just 5 weeks before my exams.

Amy993

Type of diabetes
Type 1
i am 17 and have been type 1 for nearly a year and half. here if you need some advice or a chat. I've been in a similar place to you as i was diagnosed just 5 weeks before my exams.

Thank you Before being diagnosed i was starting to be ill for like 2 months leading up to it. Therefore it was through my exam period which was a struggle for me, and now i know why!

t1caitlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I don't like it when people judge a book by its cover - like my illness is hidden so don't judge so quickly.
I understand the feeling . Glad to know it's helpful . Its nice to know people from all over the world can share and come together x

t1caitlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I think you can click on the persons username and click message ....and ask questions by posting a new forum feed or new topic . You could also search up the relevant topic and put questions on other people's forums . Sorry I don't know exactly ...hopefully one of these helps ! X

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Heya, I'm Chloe. I'm 16 and I've been diagnosed for four years now. If you need any help or advice, don't hesitate to get in touch.