Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Sid Bonkers said:
Congratulations on your latest results xyzzy :thumbup:

xyzzy said:
Cholesterol

HDL 1.36
LDL 1.89

Total is therefore 3.25
Last test in December the total was 4.99

You will need to add in your Trigs to get the total cholesterol mate :thumbup:

Thanks Sid

Cholesterol not my area :lol: Had a hard enough job getting her to read out the numbers over the phone. Just kept telling me "normal" and "no action" Will get the missing bits on Monday.

body

My HbA1c was 7.8 last Monday, and i'll try to improve it . i know a tight control of diabetes is a little difficult but not impossible ........... so, DON'T LET DIABETES STOP YOU.......

I WILL BE <6 IN THE NEXT TEST :D :D

Bucco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A1c in new money - 33, in old money that's a 5 !

Three months ago was a 9.2.

JU_LIA

Hi
I have type1 from march 1974.
I use insulins Levemir&Humalog.
Last 5 years I didn't have A1c higher than 6%. The latest is 5,7%

Sanober

Dislikes
Not really knowing what's going on inside my Endocrine system!!!
6.6 (half bottle red wine last night so that may have helped).

body

body said:
My HbA1c was 7.8 last Monday, and i'll try to improve it . i know a tight control of diabetes is a little difficult but not impossible ........... so, DON'T LET DIABETES STOP YOU.......

Stephus

Hi everyone,
I just got my latest result back, which was 6.3. I've had two tests before, which were 5.6 and 6.1, respectively. I was getting hypos very often before, though, and during the past months I've been been getting kind of hypo-phobic. So I've been keeping my levels a bit higher so as not to worry too much about it getting low.

RussG said:
Perhaps unusually I've been asked to bring my HbA1c up. It was 5.2%, I brought it up to 5.9% this month but am still getting lots of hypos so my consultant has asked me to try to get it up to 6.5% at least. Just goes to show we're all different!

RussG, your consultant advised you to keep your levels a bit higher - mine did as well, but I didn't really listen since I desperately wanted a low HbA1c. It is only now that I have gotten worried about hypos that I started following my consultant's advise. Funny how it goes. :)

Anyway I thought my latest result would be significantly higher than what it was, so I'm relieved.

Scardoc

My results have always been between 5.8% & 6.2% until 6mths ago when it was 6.7%. My Doctor was happiest with the 6.7% and said when the results are hovering around 6% it probably means I am dipping too low at times and perhaps not realising it. I'm just about to make my next appointment (as it's been 6mths and the hospital haven't sent me one!) and expect my reading to be back down around 6% going by the averages on my meter.

6.5% is what my doc would consider "perfect"

Pneu

Had my 6th month audit today... with all the pump stuff going on I feel like I spend my life in the diabetes centre.. anyway was pleased with 31 mmol/mol result... nurse gave me a ticking off (as usual).. consultant asked about number of hypo's was happy as long as they were under control so all good!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Pneu said:
Had my 6th month audit today... with all the pump stuff going on I feel like I spend my life in the diabetes centre.. anyway was pleased with 31 mmol/mol result... nurse gave me a ticking off (as usual).. consultant asked about number of hypo's was happy as long as they were under control so all good!

That's a good result :thumbup:

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I've just got my best result ever - 5.0 - absolutely delighted. I'm eating an average of 30g carbs a day which is obviously worth the effort :clap: I've noticed that since I reduced the carbs, my appetite has diminished.

Edit: I see I have posted on the T1 forum, but there are also Type 2s here. I am Type 2.

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
Well done Daisy :thumbup:

scottishbrian

Mines havent been lower than 12.1 for the last 13 years and Ive recently just found out that it doesnt mean my average BG is 12.1.. that in fact its averaging somewhat higher.. correct???