Type 1's What is your BG in the morning?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.3 yesterday and 3.1 today. Will drop 1u off basal tonight now that Novorapid seems to be back working as it should.

TTP - are you sure you haven't mixed up your long acting with the pen from your hypo kit ;)

Sanober

Dislikes
Not really knowing what's going on inside my Endocrine system!!!
6.7 - today went to bed last night with a 7.4 (2.5hours after eating).

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
thetallerpaul said:
Robert,

I've not got a hypo kit. Should I have bought one or is it a prescription?

TTP

Available on prescription.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
noblehead said:
thetallerpaul said:
Robert,

I've not got a hypo kit. Should I have bought one or is it a prescription?

TTP

Available on prescription.

TTP - If you do get a Glucagen kit, make sure that anyone likely to use it on you knows how... otherwise you might get the Pulp Fiction revival technique !!!

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nice one Loey :thumbup:

I'm to embarrassed to put that I was 2.8 this morning. Didn't feel very hypo so maybe an iffy meter reading ;)

Loey1953

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Gosh that's low Robert but glad you are feeling ok. Generally if one doesn't feel a hypo with that reading does one assume everything is ok and, as you said, a meter reading?

Loey

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I probably should have rechecked, but my BGs rise on their own the minute I get out of bed. I would say 'dawn phenomenon' but it really is the 'getting out of bed phenomenon' (as that can sometimes vary by several hours ;) )

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Pickle - ouch (I think) - I used to get migraines but without the headache... just the zigzag visuals. Hope you're feeling a bit better now.

Sanober

Dislikes
Not really knowing what's going on inside my Endocrine system!!!
8.7.....I had 3 red wines and some pakora (mixed) but my pre bed read was 5.8 (too much insulin.and wine lowering my sugar probably).

I was sleepy but worried as i'd taken 2 Jelly Babies but my read hadn't gone up at all 15m later. So I took 4 more just in case and went to.sleep.

Bless my hubby who has never told me to test since I was diagnosed in Dec (he trusts me to manage it) He actually said "Heeeeeey. Test!"

but I think he got worried because I suddenly nodded off on the couch. Drinking and managing Diabetes is a pain.