Type 1's What is your BG in the morning?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.7 for me :) Dropping Lantus to 14 seems to have worked.

Sanober, if I had jelly babies around I would probably eat them (must be a childhood thing). I keep Dextro tabs for hypos because they seem more like medicine ;)

Loey1953

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, 6.8 this morning. Now just recovering from hypo 3.4 after some housework. Only good thing about hypo,. 3 blackcurrant dextrose and 2 rich tea biscuits. Yummy.

Loey1953

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.0 yesterday and 4.4 at 9 am this morning. Lowest I've ever had. Must have been the 3 glasses of 125 ml red wine I had last night with dinner. I have had a total of 5 glasses of alcohol (wine) since January. I was ok with 1 glass with a meal few months ago and on another occasion 2 glasses. Does anyone else worry about having a glass of wine? Nice readings for you Paul.

Loey

thetallerpaul

Thanks Loey. Red Wine has helped me on a couple of occasions but not usually on the morning after. Going to bed reading goes low though.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.4 this morning. TTP, glad to see you managed to bring those numbers down at last :thumbup:

Loey1953

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.0 sounds very good to me. 5.7 yesterday and 7 this morning after going to bed with a 13.7. Bs great all day but had a hypo after dinner, prob. Because of heat.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.7 yesterday (yay) 8.2 today (boo). Spent most of yesterday battling lows (must be the heat)

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
thetallerpaul said:
Does heat impact then. Mine was fine when I was indoors but in the evening I finished higher.
It can do - my lows started in the afternoon and into the evening, at which point I probably started over correcting. Heat is just another of those things to monitor to see how it affects you.

frankyloverubble

Dislikes
bigots,knowalls,
5.6 this morning which for me is good,normally between 6 to 8

Am on Insulatard 13 units at night & Novorapid 8/9 units in morning, 6 units at lunch and 12 before dinner .

Could anybody advise how to get BG regulary between 5 and ?? Comments would be appreciated :) :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Paul, I don`t know how a hypo feels either as worryingly I had a reading of 2.8 before lunch and I felt no different from when I have readings of 7/8. My readings in the morning are normally around 7/8.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
frankyloverubble said:
Could anybody advise how to get BG regulary between 5 and ?? Comments would be appreciated :) :)

You would need to adjust your insulin Franky to get your levels between 5 and ??, the best people to ask is your diabetes team.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
thetallerpaul said:
5.3 this morning. Currently I think exercise is the key but I'm sure I'll be proved wrong again shortly!

I think it does Paul as my fasting bg's are far better after exercising the night before than when I don't, only thing you have to be careful with is the potential for hypo's many hours after exercising.