Type 2 Diabetes - Three Keys To Preventing Diabetes

interfaqiez

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
There is far debate as as to if or no longer Type 2 diabetes is a preventable illness. Some consider there may be little that may be accomplished to prevent its building, as it's most commonly outlined through genetics. Some persons are extra predisposed to this type of diabetes, so the affect of genes is actual. Certain ethnicities are evoked, to not point out circle of relatives historical past could also be a confirmed issue.

Believing there isn't a preventable part to growing Type 2 diabetes can be a false impression. In reality, 3 elements could make a distinction. Let us pass over the the explanation why the next are the 3 keys...

1. Maintaining a wholesome weight. The advantage of keeping up a wholesome frame weight is incessantly underestimated. It isn't all about body and waist measurement. Body weight is a mirrored image of 1's interior well being. When frame weight turns into over the top, this is a signal the person is wearing an excessive amount of frame fats. Not best does this jeopardize cardiovascular well being, but it surely additionally impairs insulin serve as, facilitating the improvement of Type 2 Diabetes.

The first step to fighting Type 2 diabetes is keeping up an acceptable frame weight.

2. Regular workout. Exercise does no longer simply let you burn energy. It has an instantaneous impact on insulin serve as and blood sugar keep watch over. Anyone who works out will revel in this get advantages. What is extra, virtually any form of bodily process will paintings, so long as there may be exertion and a gentle sweat: this is the reason house exercises are by no means a foul concept.

The 2d step to fighting Type 2 diabetes is exercising incessantly. Four instances every week is perfect, however even 3 times will paintings.

three. Healthy consuming. Lastly and most likely most significantly comes wholesome consuming. We have all taken the impact of our meals alternatives without any consideration. At some level, there's a worth to pay, and it can be that second that reminds you to start out consuming correctly. Being recognized with prediabetes is incessantly a caution of what's more likely to come if adjustments in your way of life don't seem to be made.

Healthy consuming is very important, whether or not you wish to save you diabetes or no longer. With that mentioned, it may be regarded as extra related for diabetics deliberating appearing to steer clear of elevating their blood sugar ranges and frame weight. For this reason why, wholesome consuming is the 3rd and maximum necessary step to fighting, even controlling Type 2 diabetes.

Now you might be accustomed to the 3 keys to fighting Type 2 diabetes; you've got the equipment to make enhancements. Even in case your blood sugar is a minor worry, keeping up a wholesome weight, exercising, and consuming smartly can best make a favorable distinction on your existence.

Although managing your illness can also be very difficult, Type 2 diabetes isn't a situation you will have to simply are living with. You could make easy adjustments in your day by day regimen and decrease each your weight and your blood sugar ranges. Hang in there, the longer you do it, the better it will get.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
While I agree that diet and excercise are key to preventing/managing Type 2 Diabetes I would point out that as we are unique individuals the diet and excercise regime we choose depents largely on personal health circumstances. Incessant excercise for example is beyond some of us and with regards to diet a tailored approach that may need adjustment from time to time due to aging or underlying/developing conditions not associated with Diabetes is best so as to suit individual needs.
Medication also needs to be carefully considered if/when appropriate. As is often said here on DCUK, one size does not fit all.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I see nothing new here?
You are stating *some* obvious measures to help manage the condition.

I am always wary of people claiming ways to 'cure' diabetes. At best I feel I can put it into remission - and we all wish we could do all the things that are obvious/necessary... but life has a habit of getting in the way.

Do I wish I could exercise every time I am away at a tournament - yes. Can I afford to stay at a hotel with a gym each time. NO.

Do I make an effort to each better when I can control what I can cook - yes of course. Am I able to do that when I am on the road - NO.

Making sweeping statements actually helps no-one. Unless we live in lands with unicorns and rainbows. For everyone else, we just do the best we can with the circumstances we have.

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Like I said. Are you just posting to annoy type2s? Stressing them out over your rubbish attempt at educating when the forum website is an excellent wealth of education already?
Your purpose please.

Reactions: Ultramum

Jo123

*** more of this ****.
When I was diagnosed as pre diabetic,

I had a normal BMI.

I ran.

I eat what was commonly thought to be A very healthy diet, low fat, low salt, high fibre, kept my weight to a normal BMI by keeping a tight control on what I eat, driven by vanity!

This sort of patronising rubbish really annoys me.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
We are all individuals and, as such, manage our diabetes in our own way. My hba1c has been within normal range for the last 3-4 years however I’ve never been in a gym, average about 15 mins walking per day and, although I have lost 3 stone since diagnosis, am still overweight. After diagnosis my hba1c rose from 48 to 54 due to taking statins and I ate a “healthy” diet consisting of low fat yoghurts and milk, and whole meal pasta, potatoes, bread and plenty of fruit.

Hotpepper20000

I have insulin resistance because I have PCOS. As a direct result I gained weight. I was NOT lazy and sat on my a**and ate junk food.
I biked, walked, a swam regularly. HUGE misconception that all type 2 are fat then get type two. Weight gain is a result of insulin resistance.
There is a percentage of type 2 who are not over weight. How do you explain this?
This way of thinking is so harmful to the mental health of those struggling.
I got this type of garbage from my doctors. Instead of checking to see why I was gaining weight and heading into deep depression, all I got was "eat healthy and exercise."

Rant over.

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have insulin resistance because I have PCOS. As a direct result I gained weight. I was NOT lazy and sat on my a**and ate junk food.
I biked, walked, a swam regularly. HUGE misconception that all type 2 are fat then get type two. Weight gain is a result of insulin resistance.
There is a percentage of type 2 who are not over weight. How do you explain this?
This way of thinking is so harmful to the mental health of those struggling.
I got this type of garbage from my doctors. Instead of checking to see why I was gaining weight and heading into deep depression, all I got was "eat healthy and exercise."

Rant over.

Feel free to rant. My T2 dad was a slim active guy. Who never touched a takeaway.. Even in his 60s (around the time he was diagnosed.) when he should have retired, he went back out & got himself another job..!

Reactions: Ultramum

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Im not sure the response to the poster is fair, although I do think that the post is rather clumsily written and I suspect language issues play a part in that.
The reason why I say the response is unfair is not that I agree with what was posted but because
1) although the OP’s put researcher as their descriptor, they are not asking any research questions / information of the forum
2) although the post does come across as rather arrogant / dogmatic, there are several other established posters who could justifiably be accused of exactly the same thing and who do not attract the same kind of response

Hotpepper20000

Im not sure the response to the poster is fair, although I do think that the post is rather clumsily written and I suspect language issues play a part in that.
The reason why I say the response is unfair is not that I agree with what was posted but because
1) although the OP’s put researcher as their descriptor, they are not asking any research questions / information of the forum
2) although the post does come across as rather arrogant / dogmatic, there are several other established posters who could justifiably be accused of exactly the same thing and who do not attract the same kind of response
Your last paragraph I completely agree with.
Perhaps I was too quick with a emotional response. I stand by what I said but it is sometimes difficult to remove emotional reactions when there are so many missconceptions.

Last edited:

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think if they hadn’t posted two broad-brush sweeping statements and adopted such a dictatorial tone I might have been inclined to agree with you. But the two threads they started seemed misinformed and the fact they have not commented since suggests to me it is more someone who is perhaps not here to take this seriously.

I take your point that more established members are just as prescriptive... I have been on the receiving end of the “you’re doing it wrong” brigade myself.. but the huge difference here is that they too suffer from diabetes, and are coming from that evangelical stance of “this worked for me so it MUST be followed at all costs”...I see no evidence of someone also having diagnosed here. In fact in another thread they talk about an uncle who has diabetes.

I would not apologise about any ‘emotional’ response @Hotpepper20000 ... each journey is personal to the individual. Some want/maybe need to be lectured, but most here do not.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
(1) Abstain from excessive sugar consumption
(2) Eat carbs in moderation
(3) Exercise daily to burn off kilocalories in the food eaten in moderation, at least 30 minutes of exercise per day to manage weight.

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Last edited:

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You can’t exercise you way out of a bad diet. Exercise can help burn off excess carbs, but it is better not to have the excess carbs in the first place. 80% of people diagnosed with type 2 are either obese or overweight. Many of these people have limited mobility because they are overweight. I have problems with both my knees. However, I have lost about 16 Kg since my peak weight almost exclusely through diet. I do some exercise, mostly walking.