emoji87.png
Oh, so that's the code;-)
Got it...

Reactions: 15 people

Type2Guy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and WELCOME Alisonjane10. We were not separated for long after all.

By the way, the more brave posters here may even post their post prandial numbers
Post Prandial numbers reporting requires Xanax disbursement.

Reactions: 12 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Before bed:
Blood Glucose 4.8 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 1.8 mmol / L

Woke during the night with blood glucose 3.7 mmol / L

This morning:
Blood Glucose 4.3 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 3.6 mmol / L

So very pleased with both of those! That's the lowest ever fasting blood glucose along with the highest ever fasting blood ketones for me!

They're GREAT results nom. Very well done. Chuffed for you. This ones for you...........

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 18 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad to have found this "new home", but I'm more than a bit disillusioned by the eviction and feel like I've lost access to my "support group"
Coupled with the quotes purportedly from this site on the daily mirror (see here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/is-this-a-real-quote-from-diabetes-co-uk.81493/#post-913270 ), it feels like a real body blow to be honest.
This site has been absolutely brilliant in helping me come to terms with my diabetes but I'm not sure whether I'll be around that much now

Reactions: 19 people

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Dear thread participants

Why limit yourselves? By magic your topic is Type 2 wide. Enjoy yourselves but remember to play within the rules and have some thought for those who might be looking for helpful information by not hiding it here.

Regards

Doug

Reactions: 4 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dear thread participants

Why limit yourselves? By magic your topic is Type 2 wide. Enjoy yourselves but remember to play within the rules and have some thought for those who might be looking for helpful information by not hiding it here.

Regards

Doug

Hi Doug, (@Osidge)

That's fair enough. But, there has to be a thread that allows for some lighthearted dialogue too. This disease is difficult enough without being censored when expressing ourselves, or feeling unable to offer support, empathise or generally share with other posters. I'm sure forum members are intelligent enough to go elsewhere if they can't find the answers they're after on this particular thread. And anyone who wants to hang around will ALWAYS be welcomed.

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad to have found this "new home", but I'm more than a bit disillusioned by the eviction and feel like I've lost access to my "support group"
Coupled with the quotes purportedly from this site on the daily mirror (see here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/is-this-a-real-quote-from-diabetes-co-uk.81493/#post-913270 ), it feels like a real body blow to be honest.
This site has been absolutely brilliant in helping me come to terms with my diabetes but I'm not sure whether I'll be around that much now
Oh Phil, please don't do that :-(
I beg you to consider that the little community which had to relocate here, is everything a supportive little family should be, laughing with those who laugh, crying with those who cry...
Please don't leave because of those whom didn't leave us any other option, but stay because of those who didn't have any other option...
All the best, Sir!
Moshe

Reactions: 12 people

Type2Guy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dear thread participants

Regards

Doug
Respectfully, this leading question seems very loaded given the recent bout of limitations enforced upon very appropriate, diabetes related tangents of expression in another thread, which I'm assuming prompted the creation of this fully inclusive one. I don't understand the notion of "hiding" helpful information or otherwise, while it is clearly being posted for all to read in a public forum. I offer my perspective without any sense of provocation and sincere gratitude for the ability to do so in a forum from which I continually draw great relief, strength and inspiration as I maneuver through the first couple of months worth of emotional and physical obstacles in finding a working management system for my own diabetes.

Reactions: 22 people

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
This was a follow on to Pasha's post - now moved from public view.

You have now got a thread where the world is your Type 2 oyster. It allows you to be as light hearted as you want - within forum rules. Within Type 2, you need not worry about going off topic - unless it is nothing to do with Type 2!! Some members are at a time in their Diabetes lives when the last thing they want to do is to have to wade through a mountain of banter to gain the specific info they need.

If the title of the thread is changed again, I will consider its continued existence. Feel free, outside this general thread, to create new threads for specific issues. That makes it much easier for someone searching for information.

Regards

Doug

Reactions: 2 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
@phil1986

We could always start our posts with the dry facts, ie FBG,Ketones, so that anybody not wanting to sift through all the words can see at a glance what interests him and then go "shop around" on the forum. Stay on please ,you are a much valued member.

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh Phil, please don't do that :-(
I beg you to consider that the little community which had to relocate here, is everything a supportive little family should be, laughing with those who laugh, crying with those who cry...
Please don't leave because of those whom didn't leave us any other option, but stay because of those who didn't have any other option...
All the best, Sir!
Moshe
Thanks Moshe

I'm feeling a bit better now that the issue of the supposed quote from here has been cleared up (it was a misquote as clarified on the thread I linked to in my original post), but I still feel sad about the summary closure of the other thread.

I fully understand that the forum staff are free to take whatever action they deem necessary to keep the forum running smoothly, but I do feel it could have been handled better and I think the impact of the closure has been underestimated: It was a thread that I posted to religiously every morning and enjoyed catching up with as part of my morning rituals and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

A thread that grows to that length tends to take on a life of its own and becomes almost organic in its nature but the title of the thread (what was your fasting blood sugar reading) still reflected the main focus of it and it provided a very valuable service for many members.

Reactions: 25 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm still on holiday so only posting via the phone app and I don't have the dexterity of my teenage daughter - I had her when I was but 8 myself ;-).
Nice to have a wider thread, and not worry about off topic warnings.
PPG of 7.6 after dutch apple pancake for lunch - oops. Lots of walking and swimming will be done in atonement!

Reactions: 16 people

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Phil

Thanks for your thoughts.

The locked thread certainly could have been handled better. When moderation action began, a number of people were PMd to try and keep the thread strictly on topic. Rather than heed advice they proceeded to derail the thread further. I had no option but to lock it. My hope was that if people genuinely wanted to know FBGs then a new topic would be opened just for that purpose and if people wanted a chat thread then they would open that. How wrong, sadly, could I be. There are obviously those who feel that "do what I will shall be the whole of the law" is the way to go.

Regards

Doug

Reactions: 4 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm still on holiday so only posting via the phone app and I don't have the dexterity of my teenage daughter - I had her when I was but 8 myself ;-).
Nice to have a wider thread, and not worry about off topic warnings.
PPG of 7.6 after dutch apple pancake for lunch - oops. Lots of walking and swimming will be done in atonement!

OMG @Alzebra. You're obviously having an amazing holiday. And I'm glad you're relaxing the strict diet to allow you to fully participate with the rest of your family whilst on your break. And your PPG of 7.6 is WELL within normal parameters, never mind those of a Type 2. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.....especially those spa moments. X

Reactions: 13 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OMG @Alzebra. You're obviously having an amazing holiday. And I'm glad you're relaxing the strict diet to allow you to fully participate with the rest of your family whilst on your break. And your PPG of 7.6 is WELL within normal parameters, never mind those of a Type 2. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.....especially those spa moments. X
My life, AJ's right on, 7.6 is way within postprandial values...
Actually I'm a bit jealous of your results ;-)

Reactions: 10 people

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv

I understand your dismay at recent events, I too have found that the help, support and knowledge here has done more for my health and wellbeing than any amount of medication could do.
It is the people who post here, as MosheBenYehuda said our community that have provided that support not the site.
I hope you change your mind and stick with us

Reactions: 18 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Oh Oh can i join with a fbg of 6.2 ?