ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I can lock you in the cupboard under the stairs for a couple of weeks...you can share the mouse's food
Ha ha I'm on rabbit food til I die now. Oh and water.
No more luxuries or rich food. Protein for kings and queens not healthy. Here's me thinking because I'm called victoria elizabeth I qualify. Ha ha

Reactions: 6 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi Folks.:) - This morning's fasting was rubbish at 7.1, had just ordinary (Jacobs) crackers x 3 with cheese last night at 11.30pm and before bed blood sugar was 7.9. Been out for lunch with 'girl-friend no.2' and had Cheeseburger and Chips with Mayo, that was at 12 noon.:D Think I put too much salt & vinegar on my chips as I am really thirsty, bought a 500ml bottle of Irn Bru and only drunk half of it, that was an hour ago and just got home drank 2 glasses of water and thought I would test = 8.7 not bad and within range.:). Just going to have a cheeses sandwich later. Hope you all have had a good day and enjoying the glorious weather.

Reactions: 6 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Well dietician appointment showed I'd added weight. Excellent bgs but I guess insulin adding weight but stopping me from having complications. I felt like a naughty school child. I listened to the advice of stopping lchf diet til wednesday next week. (Dn appointment)
They are going to gang up on me, I guess.
I'll try anything. I just want to lose weight. :(
Don't let them bully you. Your doing really well.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Not to bad . Been sick a few times. Rons had a few low readings at work . Just messaged me 4.3 so got to get it up a bit for driving home .
Sending you hugs, I have a bad back too. I had an accident 12 years ago which left me with a metal pin in my shoulder and damaged nerves in my back, I had a flare up a couple of years ago and I could hardly walk!

Reactions: 2 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Sending you hugs, I have a bad back too. I had an accident 12 years ago which left me with a metal pin in my shoulder and damaged nerves in my back, I had a flare up a couple of years ago and I could hardly walk!
Did mine helping Ron out the bath.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Did mine helping Ron out the bath.
Ouch! It's easy to forget how delicate your back can be, my flare up was caused by doing the vacuuming!

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Had a bit of a twinge after . Felt ok next day went to work and only been there an hour when I had no feeling in my right leg . So of to hospital I went.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @tina_marie - What was the diagnosis from the Hospital about your right leg?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
damage to the sciatic nerve . doctor said if I get anymore numb patches to the leg or pain in the groin area I have to go to GP and get him to arrange an MRI scan

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can lock you in the cupboard under the stairs for a couple of weeks...you can share the mouse's food
emoji6.png
emoji193.png

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well dietician appointment showed I'd added weight. Excellent bgs but I guess insulin adding weight but stopping me from having complications. I felt like a naughty school child. I listened to the advice of stopping lchf diet til wednesday next week. (Dn appointment)
They are going to gang up on me, I guess.
I'll try anything. I just want to lose weight. :(
Were they pleased with you for having great BS control? I have been losing weight on lchf diet, but my bs is still too high and I would rather that was right even if it meant me being heavier.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Were they pleased with you for having great BS control? I have been losing weight on lchf diet, but my bs is still too high and I would rather that was right even if it meant me being heavier.
No. Just got told keeping good control is only one part of diabetes management. I should get my weight off by hook or by crook.
I was close to being an anorexic in my teens so off the cuff remarks aren't very helpful. I'm now how I can lose weight extremely. Common sense tells me to not panic or do anything hasty but they're panicking me to lose weight.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@tina_marie - I can sympathise with you on the Sciatica and the Pain associated with it. I hurt my back 4 years ago and after 6 weeks of sheer Hell with Sciatic Pain I went for a MRI Scan and it revealed I have 2 Herniated Disc's, 2 years later on and still in pain had another MRI Scan to find I have Arthritis of the Spine as well. I have had Acupuncture, Physiotherapy, Opaite Pain Killers and so on. My advice to you is if you have had pain for 6 weeks? You need to insist you are referred for a MRI Scan and get a definite diagnosis and treatment started to prevent further problems. Hope you get sorted soon:) (sorry for waffling on)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
@tina_marie - I can sympathise with you on the Sciatica and the Pain associated with it. I hurt my back 4 years ago and after 6 weeks of sheer Hell with Sciatic Pain I went for a MRI Scan and it revealed I have 2 Herniated Disc's, 2 years later on and still in pain had another MRI Scan to find I have Arthritis of the Spine as well. I have had Acupuncture, Physiotherapy, Opaite Pain Killers and so on. My advice to you is if you have had pain for 6 weeks? You need to insist you are referred for a MRI Scan and get a definite diagnosis and treatment started to prevent further problems. Hope you get sorted soon:) (sorry for waffling on)
doctor has put me on co-codamol 2 tablets 4 times a day and diclofenac sodium 1 tablet 3 times a day. I asked the pharmacist if I could take them together and she said yes but they are making me sick . so this afternoon I have taken them separately and no sickness . so hopefully if I carry on that way it will work. if not then im off to GP.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
No waffle there @liam1955 . Very helpful advice. Wish i'd gave the same advice. Hope you're feeling a bit better now meds are kicking in @tina_marie ?

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@ickihun - Let me get this straight! You are stopping your Insulin and going back on Metformin? What dosage of Metformin will you be taking? And will you not have some sort of withdrawal symptoms from the Insulin?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun - Let me get this straight! You are stopping your Insulin and going back on Metformin? What dosage of Metformin will you be taking? And will you not have some sort of withdrawal symptoms from the Insulin?
I wish. I have to wait for consultant to agree. ........... You know I've come off insulin twice before after the 2 babies. I've never heard of withdrawal symptoms because of that. Is it common then?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I wish. I have to wait for consultant to agree. ........... You know I've come off insulin twice before after the 2 babies. I've never heard of withdrawal symptoms because of that. Is it common then?

I have heard that when Insulin is stopped Blood Sugars can go really high. But, then I would think the Consultant would decrease the Insulin amount slowly over a few days and at the same time start you on Metformin and increase that until the required dosage is attained. I hope it works - keep us updated on this progress.