Type 2 Life

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks AJ . We had a few family dramas last night so I think it was a combination of stress and fish and chips at midnight.

Reactions: 8 people

Type2Guy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The notion that our blood sugar is often in this predictably unpredictable state of flux in which as diabetics we must commit to perpetually searching for clues in our numbers, movements, emotions and menus to flesh out patterns sometimes feels freakishly akin to a stereotype of a schizophrenic genius frantically piecing together disparate clippings from decades worth of newspapers to reveal a fundamental truth about existence.

Reactions: 10 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
By the way love the pic. I think if we all voted it would be a crime punishable by imprisonment if you ever stopped posting.

Reactions: 9 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
By the way love the pic. I think if we all voted it would be a crime punishable by imprisonment if you ever stopped posting.

Awwwww...that's really sweet & kind of you @4ratbags. The truth is, I just like trawling through daft or cute pics & jokes online. It makes me feel better for a while. I also like to choose pics & add a caption. Especially captions that are diabetes related. Kind of a hobby I suppose. And ahem, it stops me from spending too much on eBay or Amazon (or numerous other online shops :rolleyes:.) This isn't one of mine, but it sums up what we have to put up with. Btw, lovely to see you on here hun. :). X

image.jpg

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
The notion that our blood sugar is often in this predictably unpredictable state of flux in which as diabetics we must commit to perpetually searching for clues in our numbers, movements, emotions and menus to flesh out patterns sometimes feels freakishly akin to a stereotype of a schizophrenic genius frantically piecing together disparate clippings from decades worth of newspapers to reveal a fundamental truth about existence.

Lmao @Type2Guy. Ain't THAT the truth. X This is one of mine. ;)

image.jpg

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I am missing the regular thread already! Can I try out this one? We really do need a replacement capable of containing all the fun and games without any unwanted legislative interference.

5.1 this morning

Maxwell

Reactions: 15 people

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

FBG of 4.4 this morning :D

LC diet is working ok but constantly fighting the urge for cake lol :rolleyes:

Reactions: 12 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
5.1 today.

Nice long day at work cos we have training. On what I don't know.

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 FBG this morning which is a little higher than normal but it did take 5 hours to go back down after my apple pancake and ice cream lunch yesterday :-D

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
People that don't know and don't have anything to do with what happened yesterday needs a Fasting Blood Glucose thread, it needs to be open, I love reading you guys but is not fair to have it close

Reactions: 8 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 6.2 and no head ache :D ...all though i do have a pain in the rear end..the other half and i are having a long weekend and she is being a royal pain ..any one would think we were going for a month instead of a weekend LOL

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a real problem with forcing everything into the PM system.

I think sometimes threads are over run with chit chat and then don't perform the role for which they were set up. On the other hand if we truly are a community then we need a little chit chat to keep us together. On the fasting bloods thread I found it useful when people explained why they had variations in their readings. I appreciate it's hard to get the balance right sometimes. I have been amazed at the inane chatter on some threads (not this one or the fasting BG one) and have given up reading them because of this. But hey this is a support forum, we all need to work together as a body, not against each other.

This is simply my opinion and I am not criticising any individual.

Have a nice day :)

Edit: I have edited this post twice myself and it has also been edited by a moderator. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 13 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Err hello?

Anybody here??

Having just emerged from another long t'Internet siesta the world seems to have changed somehow. ...

I said yesterday I had a plan concerning prawns pil pil and beer and it seems to have worked!

Nice 4.7 for me this morning. Not saying it would work for everyone and you probably need the Mediterranean sun to complete the effect but heh, we'll take what we can right, ?

Hope I'm OK posting that here. ...

Like many others I found it useful to post morning levels and compare others experiences and doing so has helped me a lot coming to terms with my condition.

It would be a shame if that level of support cannot be continued somehow and extended to those who need it.

Reactions: 16 people

JoyceGlasgow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Jogging
4.3 this morning so happy with that after my birthday cake yesterday. All have a good day.

Reactions: 13 people

PerfectStorm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have no idea what went on yesterday and am befuddled as to how on earth a thread about FBG could cause arguments and upset between members, to the extent that two experienced and helpful members have been banned!!

There are newly diagnosed people joining this forum every day and the guidance of more experienced members is invaluable, particularly when the guidance/advice we get from the majority of HCPs is so poor (at best) and dangerous (at worst!)

Reactions: 16 people