ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi @ickihun sorry you're not doing too well - it must be a worry for you. My husband is on 7.5 mg of bisoprolol to help his arrhythmia but it has given him asthma which is a well known side effect - have they suggested this for you. On his last cardiologist visit he was prescribed a water pill which seems to be helping his breathlessness.
Thank you for this. I too have furosemide but with swollen tummy and forearms my breathing was better. Swelling much better with tablet but breathing problem in rest is back with chest pain. Chest pain has had me in a&e 3 times now but I have to wait for echocardiogram on 26th and a upcoming angiogram and maybe stents inserted.
I do need a breathing test at gp after bloodtests on thursday. I have other hospital appointments for endocrologist and dn with pschological support just started. I have physio appointments too due to not being able to walk without pain and pain relief working off and on due to metformin raising my liver enzymes on too high carbs over xmas. But I needed a break, so I took one. Pschologist knows I have a lot on and we are going to keep my head straight. Its taking some doing. Oh and I have to sign for bariatric surgery on 15th feb.
A lot happening.
I'm just happy I'm getting sorted out.
My bgs are good now too. A bumpy christmas bgs wise but good control again now. It could be a lot worse!

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Thanks @Diamum5972 . I'll ride it and read. What other choice have I got?
Is there any herbal remedy for palpatations that you know of @Diamum5972 ?
I don't really use herbal remedies so I can't suggest any, maybe other members have some recommendations?

Reactions: Liam1955

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I don't really use herbal remedies so I can't suggest any, maybe other members have some recommendations?
I keep reading I shouldn't take herbal remedies if I'm on certain tablets for heart so I'll by-pass for now. I'm scared of hrt with all the breast cancer scares. One friend going through it now. I won't bother. I'll moan it out. Ha ha poor mr ickihun. I need to buy him some ear muffs!!! He'll deserved a good holiday too once we get through this heart investigations. Bless him.

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm having my hba1c blood test on thursday. I hate it being so near to Christmas. Durr dur dur.
Just seeing dn on 15th feb. I'm not happy I might kick up a fuss as its been ages since I've seen him. Although in second thoughts I could do with less appointments! I need bariatric referral and to quizz him about recent developments. Maybe another shot at canagliflozin whilst on furosemide?

Reactions: Liam1955

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@ickihun - Vicky, I had to stop the Furosemide before I could start taking the Dapagliflozin. You cannot take them both at the same time because of diuretic effect.
William:)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my lovely friends on the www.diabetes.co.uk "Type 2 Life" Forum,

I am posting at Tate South Lambeth Public Library, today, Wednesday 18th January in the Millennium year of 2017 Anno Domini at 10:07 Ante Meridian on Public Personal Computer Number 4 to inform you all that I had a brilliantly impeccable blood glucose reading of 5.0 Millimoles Per Litre at 9:40 Ante Meridian (Greenwich Mean Time).

In the last few days, I have been feeling remarkably well apart from a lot of constipation bordering on faecal impaction in my Ideopathic Megarectum bowel condition. The musculoskeletal pain is non-existent now which indicates that it was only short-term muscular damage. I've also been getting a lot of exercise around the flat, doing housework, laundry and cooking. Last night, my good friend from Greece who has been resident in the United Kingdom since 1980, Ioanna, who also has mental health problems and spinal problems, paid me back the full £40.00 that she owed me and I paid my dear old friend Matthew, a Christian, back the money for tobacco he lent me (£23.84) and I love to honour my financial obligations in accordance to the impeccable way my parents brought me up in my childhood in the 1970's. I also bought 20 grammes of Holborn Yellow Smooth Taste hand-rolling tobacco plus a further 9 grammes of the same stuff for a close friend who was a guest in my flat, Gary, for a belated Christmas present. I also bought a lamb doner kebab in a pitta bread pocket with salad consisting or raw onion slices, sliced tomato, sliced cucumber and shredded Iceberg Lettuce. I shared it with Gary and he was very grateful. Gary is a highly vulnerable adult with learning disabilities and anxiety and clinical depression and lives in supported accommodation like I will be soon.

I'm going to have a Sainsbury's Basics Macaroni Cheese ready meal for my lunch.

Weather in Vauxhall, South London, is fresh with a slight nip in the air and there was a light frost last night. Sun is shining though and there is no rain.

Lots of love to all of you.

From,

Johnny Baker (@autisticwonder1970), a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Idiopathic Megarectum.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I'm having my hba1c blood test on thursday. I hate it being so near to Christmas. Durr dur dur.
Just seeing dn on 15th feb. I'm not happy I might kick up a fuss as its been ages since I've seen him. Although in second thoughts I could do with less appointments! I need bariatric referral and to quizz him about recent developments. Maybe another shot at canagliflozin whilst on furosemide?
Best of luck for today Vicky, I'm sure with the fbgs you've been having lately it will be a good result

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my lovely friends on the www.diabetes.co.uk "Type 2 Life" Forum, today, Thursday 19th January in the Millennium year of 2017 Anno Domini at 11:03 Ante Meridian on Public Personal Computer Number 3 at Tate South Lambeth Public Library, Vauxhall, London, SW8.,

I am posting here to impart to you that I had a blood glucose reading of 5.4 Millimoles Per Litre after administering my Lixisenatide Glucagon-Like Peptide Injection and of 20 Microgrammes and 1000 Millogrammes of Metformin Hydrochloride as well as other medications vital to my health. My tummy is still very impacted but the Laxido Orange is slowly softening my stools making the tender tummy and aches in my bottom much better. So far today, I've had 2 mugs of instant coffee although I was very naughty in having 3 5 millolitres of granulated sugar in each. I've also been hydrating myself with plenty of tap water but I haven't had anything to eat yet because I don't feel hungry and don't want to eat too much in a greedy or gluttonous fashion. It is so lovely in this library, the old folk are enjoying tea and biscuits which is nice. Tate South Lambeth Public Library have been a terrific resource for me and I love the books too!

Much love to you, my dear friends.

From,

Johnny Baker (@autisticwonder1970), a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Idiopathic Megarectum.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
As I went to bed last night I noticed a miss call from doctors. Oh god. What is it now!? I'll have to call them back at 9amish.
I'm awake at 4.04am due to toddler suffering with terrible wind and bright red cheeks from upset. He's asleep on sofa now. Bless him.

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
As I went to bed last night I noticed a miss call from doctors. Oh god. What is it now!? I'll have to call them back at 9amish.
I'm awake at 4.04am due to toddler suffering with terrible wind and bright red cheeks from upset. He's asleep on sofa now. Bless him.
Dr wants to see me again. I was only there yesterday!
I think I need to go in the guiness book of records for the most out-patient appointments on record. Its too much for me so I've made an appointment for tuesday 4pm. Phew! I thought I might have to take my sleeping bag to doctors. Mind u its lovely and warm in there! Not sure what their coffee is like thou! Ha ha

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Afternoon, my friends,

I had a good night's sleep last nigt. I had a fastig blood glucose reading of 4.8 Millimoles Per Litre. All I've eaten today is tomato sandwiches and oats and natural yoghurt.

I've smoked over 20 roll-ups, drank over 20 glasses of tap water and recovering from my faecal impaction.

Have a lovely day.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Angelofthemarches - I am fine - Had 3 hours of 'broken' sleep, and will probably have a nap this afternoon. Thank You for asking :). I have posted here as the Moderators do not like chit-chat on the fasting blood threads.

Reactions: 13lizanne

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Afternoon, my good friends on the www.diabetes.co.uk "Type 2 Life" Forum,

I'm posting this update on Public Personal Computer Number 4 at Tate South Lambeth Library, today, Saturday 21st January in the Millennium year 2017 Anno Domini at 12:59 Post Meridian.

I had a very restful night's sleep last night, after going to bed early after eating the very kind gift of a lamb doner kebab stuffed into a pitta bread pocket with sliced cucumber, sliced raw white onion and shredded Iceberg Lettuce and it was a meal bought for me by my good friend Lee Collingwood which was his plea to thank me for buying food for him until he is in receipt of his benefit payment. I was very grateful to him for it.

I haven't taken my blood glucose today yet, but so far I had a bowl of oats, regrettably with granulated sugar and milk, for my breakfast and a tomato sandwich just before coming to the library.

My faecal impaction concerning my bowel condition is clearing slowly and I took another 8 sachets of Laxido Orange today as directed by my GP.

Much love,

From,

Johnny Baker (@autisticwonder1970), a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, type 2 diabetes mellitus and idiopathic megarectum.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Since about a month into low carb eating my aches and pains have reduced considerably - hips, knees and ankles are much improved and I am going out without my Nordic walking poles. I still don't go very far without them, but I hope to build up the distance I can go both with and without them.

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
Brilliant! I am 3 1/2 months in with lchf and only just now starting to feel the benefits. Still have limited energy..