Type 2 Life

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Hello everyone, this week is going to be a busy one. A starts an assistance into work scheme at his former college tomorrow, it's Michael's birthday on Thursday and on Friday I'm taking him to the hospital for an MRI scan. Phew! I also have more cleaning up to do in Michael's flat because our housing association are inspecting it on Monday 30th and they've given us a list of tasks to do that's as long as your arm

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
How are you @magsiesss ? We've missed you.
I am fine - I am still doing OK despite the Christmas thing. I just pop on and look at this thread in particular to see how everyone is doing.

I am still walking daily - but have felt ill the last 2 times after I went to aqua aerobics then the steam room ... so gave myself a day off today and suffered with poor internet and preparing a roast dinner for tonight ....

I just wish we could do more to help you as you never seem down, are always ready to help others too .... have a huge hug from me instead x

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I am fine - I am still doing OK despite the Christmas thing. I just pop on and look at this thread in particular to see how everyone is doing.

I am still walking daily - but have felt ill the last 2 times after I went to aqua aerobics then the steam room ... so gave myself a day off today and suffered with poor internet and preparing a roast dinner for tonight ....

I just wish we could do more to help you as you never seem down, are always ready to help others too .... have a huge hug from me instead x
Thanks honey. Hugs back. I know how tough the post xmas bgs can be. I have a hba1c in early Jan every year! Humf! Its never low. Only advantage is my hba1cs are at my worst times so any improvement is always a bonus. lol
Keep in touch. We are here for you. ♡♥♡

C

chris lowe

I've had to give steam room & sauna a miss as I felt very dizzy, & nauseaus after about 5 minutes, found that my blood pressure went sky high after using them so better not to risk it

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I've had to give steam room & sauna a miss as I felt very dizzy, & nauseaus after about 5 minutes, found that my blood pressure went sky high after using them so better not to risk it
When I was still at school we went on a day trip to a sports centre and before we went in the sauna we were told that people who had epilepsy or heart disease in the family weren't allowed to use it. I had both conditions in my family so that was a double whammy! Looking back on it I thought they were being over cautious but it's better to be safe than sorry

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Afternoon. to all my lovely friends on the www.diabetes.co.uk "Type 2 Life" Forum,

I am posting to inform you that I've had a good few days. I cooked grilled pork chipolata sausages with spaghetti this morning for me and Lee and yesterday for me, Matthew and Lee cooked pork chops and oven chips.

My blood glucose today, after eating the early pork chipolata sausages and spaghetti and endless tomato sandwiches was 10.9 Millimoles Per Litre. I am really struggling with keeping the carbs out of my diet or eating them to a minimum.

My Asperger Syndrome is treating me relatively well, though.

Much love to you all from me at Tate South Lambeth Library where I'm logging on today, Wednesday 25th January, 2017 at 4:41 Post Meridian.

The weather is icy cold and there was a thin ground frost this morning in Vauxhall equated with heavy fog.

From,

Johnny Baker (@autisticwonder1970), a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, type 2 diabetes mellitus and bipolar affective disorder.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi everyone, it's going to be another busy day today - it's my brother Michael's birthday so I'm going to be spending some time with him before I go shopping. Hope everyone has a good day

Reactions: tina_marie

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Evening, my lovely friends on the www.diabetes.co.uk "Type 2 Life" Forum,

I am posting to impart that I have had a good, restful day resting my achy leg (caused by hardening of the arteries) and my Carer went shopping for me and swept and mopped my sitting room and kitchen. He bought a lot of shopping, 2 loaves of Bloomer crusty white bread with sunflower seeds, 2 packets of tomato, 4 Sainsbury's Basics small cheese and tomato pizzas, 3 sausage and mash ready meals, 2 spaghetti bolagnese ready meals, 1 large jar of Sainsbury's rich roast coffee granules, 1 tin of Coffeemate Light coffee and tea whitener, 1 bag of Sainsbury's Basics Cornflakes and 4 pints of green top milk.My Carer also bought me 3 pouches of 20 gramme Holborn Yellow Smooth Taste hand rolling tobacco.

I am logging in from PC Number 5 at Tate South Lambeth Library again as I don't yet have my lap top from my care coordinator and appointee.

My blood glucose reading today was 6.2 mmol.

Much love to you all

From

Johnny Baker, sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, bipolar affective disorder, type 2 diabetes mellitus, musculoskeletal disorder and peripheral arterial disease.

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Good Evening, my lovely friends on the www.diabetes.co.uk "Type 2 Life" Forum,

I am posting to impart that I have had a good, restful day resting my achy leg (caused by hardening of the arteries) and my Carer went shopping for me and swept and mopped my sitting room and kitchen. He bought a lot of shopping, 2 loaves of Bloomer crusty white bread with sunflower seeds, 2 packets of tomato, 4 Sainsbury's Basics small cheese and tomato pizzas, 3 sausage and mash ready meals, 2 spaghetti bolagnese ready meals, 1 large jar of Sainsbury's rich roast coffee granules, 1 tin of Coffeemate Light coffee and tea whitener, 1 bag of Sainsbury's Basics Cornflakes and 4 pints of green top milk.My Carer also bought me 3 pouches of 20 gramme Holborn Yellow Smooth Taste hand rolling tobacco.

I am logging in from PC Number 5 at Tate South Lambeth Library again as I don't yet have my lap top from my care coordinator and appointee.

My blood glucose reading today was 6.2 mmol.

Much love to you all

From

Johnny Baker, sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, bipolar affective disorder, type 2 diabetes mellitus, musculoskeletal disorder and peripheral arterial disease.

Hi johnny keep up the good work and you will get there one tip for you with still struggling with the carbs is ask your carer to get sweet potato fries instead of oven fries as sweet potato is a slow release carbs and for your pasta ask them to go to Morrison's and get some "bare naked noodles and rice " there only 0.1 g carbs per pack and this will help keep your levels below 10 .
Have a good day johnny

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi everyone, It's going to be another busy day today - it's my brother Michael's birthday so I'm going to be spending some time with him before I go shopping. Hope everyone has a good day
Hope things are coming along nicely. Look after your back too.
I'd love to meet you in the flesh sometime soon. I'll try and get more sorted as I love travelling about, when mobile. Fingers crossed its this year. :D

Reactions: debrasue

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Afternoon, my lovely friends on the www.diabetes.co.uk "Type 2 Life" Forum,

I had a very good day, and have eaten 2 tomato sandwiches, 1 in the morning and 1 in the early afternoon and a cereal of Sainsbury's Basics Cornflakes and semi-skimmed milk. I have also had some mugs of coffee with coffeemate light and sweeteners. My blood glucose reading was 7.1 millimoles per litre earlier on. Thank you for the kind advice about the sweet potato oven fries and low-carb noodles from Morrison's, @eldergarth, you're one of the many people on this forum that I light a candle and pray for frequently. God bless you, my friend.

I'm logging on on public personal computer number 3 at Tate South Lambeth Library with my stick for the hardening of the arteries in my leg.

Have a lovely day, my special friends.

Johnny Baker.

Reactions: debrasue

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Good Afternoon, my lovely friends on the www.diabetes.co.uk "Type 2 Life" Forum,

I had a very good day, and have eaten 2 tomato sandwiches, 1 in the morning and 1 in the early afternoon and a cereal of Sainsbury's Basics Cornflakes and semi-skimmed milk. I have also had some mugs of coffee with coffeemate light and sweeteners. My blood glucose reading was 7.1 millimoles per litre earlier on. Thank you for the kind advice about the sweet potato oven fries and low-carb noodles from Morrison's, @eldergarth, you're one of the many people on this forum that I light a candle and pray for frequently. God bless you, my friend.

I'm logging on on public personal computer number 3 at Tate South Lambeth Library with my stick for the hardening of the arteries in my leg.

Have a lovely day, my special friends.

Johnny Baker.
Your very welcome johnny you have certainly come along way and are doing really well with your control keep up the good work .

Reactions: Freema and Liam1955

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hope things are coming along nicely. Look after your back too.
I'd love to meet you in the flesh sometime soon. I'll try and get more sorted as I love travelling about, when mobile. Fingers crossed its this year. :D
Thanks Vicky, I've been having a few twinges while sorting out Michael's flat so I'm being extra cautious. I've cheated and ordered a cleaning lady for tomorrow :)

If you can make it we're going to Edinburgh in March, I'm extending the invitation to all the T2L crew. Paging @13lizanne, @Liam1955, @debrasue and anyone else who can afford the train fare up there! We're travelling up on Thursday 9th March and coming home on the Saturday

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks Vicky, I've been having a few twinges while sorting out Michael's flat so I'm being extra cautious. I've cheated and ordered a cleaning lady for tomorrow :)

If you can make it we're going to Edinburgh in March, I'm extending the invitation to all the T2L crew. Paging @13lizanne, @Liam1955, @debrasue and anyone else who can afford the train fare up there! We're travelling up on Thursday 9th March and coming home on the Saturday
If I'm fixed, breathing wise. I'll be there! Have an angiogram on tuesday but not sure if a blockage they will fix immediately. Paperwork just says investigatory. However they may get me unblocked, if its a blockage causing symptoms, not long after so march would be ok.
Hum hum. My birthday on the 11th march too so if im there we must celebrate! Do you agree guys?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.

@Diamum5972 - Oh Barbara, I'm having my Asthma Review on the 9th and at the Dermatologist on the 10th = shucks!!!:(

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@Diamum5972 - Oh Barbara, I'm having my Asthma Review on the 9th and at the Dermatologist on the 10th = shucks!!!:(
Maybe a meet up can be arranged well in advance so we can work around our out-patient appointments. Seriousness of appointment prevailing?
Mind u most saturdays or sundays might be less unavailable?
We need a diary section in these threads so we can try and arrange dates!
What do you think?
Everyone?

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Dare I ask why you say that?
Guessing same dates for care?
No Vicky Liam has spinal trouble same as me swelling in the legs same as me osteoarthritis same as me and I had dermatology today William has got his coming up spooky or what