Type 2 Life

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
I'm pleased your more yourself and fighting fit. Enjoy your Sunday hun. :)
That's very kind of you Vicky. I had a great day and don't feel tired at all (often the case when you have you first day out after being ill). My blood sugar leaves a lot to be desired because of cheesecake, chocolate and all sorts of inappropriate food! going to have a very virtuous day today. I will take a walk at lunchtime.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well asthma nurse called me back. Going on brown inhaler too starting wednesday. My bgs have been brilliant of late, I guess steriod will mess them up?
I'll have a read of past threads regarding steriod affecting bgs for some enlightenment.
How is @maureen5752 and @diamum this evening?
Not forgetting @eldergarth and @tina_marie ?
I'll be back on-line later I hope @debrasue isn't too ill to post. Thinking of you all.

Reactions: tina_marie
D

debrasue

Well asthma nurse called me back. Going on brown inhaler too starting wednesday. My bgs have been brilliant of late, I guess steriod will mess them up?
I'll have a read of past threads regarding steriod affecting bgs for some enlightenment.
How is @maureen5752 and @diamum this evening?
Not forgetting @eldergarth and @tina_marie ?
I'll be back on-line later I hope @debrasue isn't too ill to post. Thinking of you all.
No, I'm here, hun - just not got a lot to say (uncharacteristically!)

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Hello everyone, feeling better than I have done for some time. I have been suffering with recurrent water infections (apparently the germs love sugary blood). Amazing to get my energy back. Now I am able to get in some meaningful exercise, should be able to get the BG down. Thinking of having a chat with my doctor. The lowest BG morning reading I have had has been in the 7's. Am wondering if I might need a bit more medication. What do people think?

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Providence 62 Hi N, Sorry you have not been feeling well. One of my Diabetic tablets can and does cause the occasional "itch" (thrush) and burning urine. I buy a box of 6 sachets (cranberry flavoured) Cystocalm oral solution from Home Bargains Store for £1.00. Dissolve one sachet in a glass of water and drink, and then drink at least 2 litres (or more) of water per day.
As for Diabetic Medication It is best for you to discuss it with your GP. We are not allowed to advise any other member on increasing and/or decreasing Medication. But, do keep us updated should you see your GP. - W:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Granny_grump_

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
What is your average fbg @Providence 62 ?
Hello everyone, feeling better than I have done for some time. I have been suffering with recurrent water infections (apparently the germs love sugary blood). Amazing to get my energy back. Now I am able to get in some meaningful exercise, should be able to get the BG down. Thinking of having a chat with my doctor. The lowest BG morning reading I have had has been in the 7's. Am wondering if I might need a bit more medication. What do people think?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
What a mystery!
Tramadol stopping my cough and breathing problem, it seems.
How can that be? I've never known a painkiller to relieve inflammation. It must be immune related.
Tramadol affects the brains response to pain. Immune system must be getting interferred with as response is blocked.
Getting up to take painkiller before congestion and pain can hit.
Seeing gp tomorrow for check for infection. I'll tell him the congestion worse when I run out of tramadol.
Codeine helped a little this way but tramadol making a huge difference....well until my body gets used it them!

D

Deleted member 371625

What a mystery!
Tramadol stopping my cough and breathing problem, it seems.
How can that be? I've never known a painkiller to relieve inflammation. It must be immune related.
Tramadol affects the brains response to pain. Immune system must be getting interferred with as response is blocked.
Getting up to take painkiller before congestion and pain can hit.
Seeing gp tomorrow for check for infection. I'll tell him the congestion worse when I run out of tramadol.
Codeine helped a little this way but tramadol making a huge difference....well until my body gets used it them!

Pain causes coughing, which increases coughing, which increases irritation, which increases coughing etc. etc.
Remove the pain and urge to cough is reduced, giving the cause of the cough time to heal (maybe), sleep works well too.
Obviously not a cure for everything, and in some cases may prolong illness (the body coughs for a reason) but for many illnesses, removing the pain helps with other symptoms.

Reactions: Liam1955

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It shouldn't @ickihun as the steroids are entering your respiratory system, not your bloodstream, for that reason the impact is lower. The dose is also small being aimed at preventing inflammation of the bronchial tree rather than 'fighting' an inflammation oral meds do

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Afternoon, my good friends,

I'm back at the library after several days of the upgrade in my council flat of my kitchen and bathroom. My fasting blood glucose reading was 5.4 millimoles per litre then I ate several bits of jerked pork shoulder steaks and it was 7.4 millimoles per litre. I've had readings of 6.4 millimoles per litre and 6.1 millimoles per litre, too.

I feel very well.

Much love to you all.

From

Johnny Baker. x X x.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A worry for you. How is your bgs coping with it all?
If your anythinh like me I worry sick about them which causes me a problem too. Mind u I normally crack once the upset has settled down.
My partner got attacked and stabbed by 8 youths and he's come to terms with it, I think. But I'm just piecing everything together now. It happened nearly 4yrs ago.
I've seen him ok and now my health is taking a battering. I guess I've tried to stay strong for him and kids and now settled down my adrenaline doesn't want to play ball. Hence fast heart rate, constantly alert incase of a problem for toddler and others.
I've been told to find relaxation but not there yet! You?
Hi @ickihun my bs is not too bad thanx - Since he had his aortic root replacement 10 I've got used the new 'normal'. Hope you're feeling ok

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Just constantly congested @Daphne917 . Seeing gp today. Pain killers making me tired, alot. :( But can walk with far less pain. Awaiting cardiologist appointment. I must take notes in as I'm going to forget about med changes. Will ask if I can have naproxen back and if Bisoprolol can be changed to reduce asthma affects. Tramadol is reducing my fast heart beat, a little. Not a long term solution though. I'll be interested to his view point.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Hiya everyone, sorry for my absence but I've been dashing about like a clockwork mouse again! I've had lots to organize for our trip to Edinburgh next week and now I have to knit like the clappers for my cousin's daughter. She's just announced she's expecting again! Her little girl was 5 on Monday and apparently she wants a little sister, boys are not allowed :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hiya everyone, sorry for my absence but I've been dashing about like a clockwork mouse again! I've had lots to organize for our trip to Edinburgh next week and now I have to knit like the clappers for my cousin's daughter. She's just announced she's expecting again! Her little girl was 5 on Monday and apparently she wants a little sister, boys are not allowed :)
Enjoy Edinburgh. Good job I didn't say i could come. Im still ill hun. Hope that threatening cold decided otherwise for you. I wouldnt mind a trip to coventry next year or late this year. I'll try my best. You're too lovely not to meet! :) :) :)

Reactions: Diamum5972