Type 2 Life

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Reactions: Ultramum

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My FBG has dropped (but ever so slowly) over the last month. It was around 8.5-8.8 - now around top sevens or low eights so it's getting there. Control through the out the day seems fine +/- 0.5 most days - evenings usually end up about 6.8ish.

I'm assuming that as the FBG level comes down the other levels will follow it.

I only lost about 7lb initially- no more loss at the moment. However my shape has changed and hubby says I look more like I've lost a stone (lovely man!)

I'm aiming to get those sugar levels down first - then I'll address the weight issue by adjusting fat consumption.

I'm reducing the protein consumption a bit but my breakfast is still quite protein heavy - 2 eggs, 15g cheese and four mushrooms in butter.

I've never used so many eggs in my life!
I think your plan is very well organised. Although I lost my weight quite quickly, I had a timeline target I wanted to meet (ride a horse for the first tome in over 20 years and didn't want to squash it). You're rightly concentrating on your sugar levels, the weight loss will follow.
Aren't eggs wonderful, nature's little gift to us.:joyful:

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Ultramum I think you have your plan spot on.
After stopping cheese, cream and nuts I've lost weight.

I got my bgs and fbg towing the line 90% of the time.
In fact just booked my hba1c for next tuesday (result end of that week or monday).

Have you found reducing or aliminating carbs to help a great deal? I had to reduce protein too, in the end as my bgs just crept up as my day progressed.
I reduced my insulin but the background part of my mixed insulin was missed more than the fast acting part with lc. Hence I had to increase it and start again.
Currently I'm still using insulin 3 times a day on lower units but metformin is on hold again as just over a tummy bug.

My plan was to walk then jog and swim my diabetes into no insulin and just metformin for a hormone problem but my pelvis and lower back had other ideas. Humf!
I walk to my local shops when I can but heavily rely on painkillers and sensible diet to keep my bgs low.
The lower and steady they are for me helps with weight lose.
I love the way that you refuse to be beaten. Your health throws you a curve ball, you duck, dust yourself off and go again. You've certainly earned the success you're having with your recent bg numbers. It's about time you had a rest from pain. Who do I write to to arrange this for you?:rolleyes:

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, no. The eye came back to working in November. I just had a scan that showed a bulging disc in my back. I'm laid flat for most of the day (since Chrimbo). I having the epidural in April to try and resolve this literal pain in the a**e!
Sorry to hear you're sore:(

Reactions: nomoredonuts

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 7.3 @ 6:45 - lowest ever since I started testing mid-Feb :-D ! Whoop! Whoop!

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A question:

On the FBG thread many people post their number at really early hours of the morning - I've done the same when I have had a disturbed night and got up early - but my main waking time is 6:45 so I like to compare like for like. If I get up really early my number has been lower but I assume that is because it is just earlier in the night.

Do we have a lot of people who just get up early or do people get up early to try to stem liver dump or what?

connie104

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A question:

On the FBG thread many people post their number at really early hours of the morning - I've done the same when I have had a disturbed night and got up early - but my main waking time is 6:45 so I like to compare like for like. If I get up really early my number has been lower but I assume that is because it is just earlier in the night.

Do we have a lot of people who just get up early or do people get up early to try to stem liver dump or what?

Personally I get up normally between half five and 6am. I've found as I've got older I don't seem to need as much sleep. The times I do have a lay in and get up later say 8am or after my fbg is definitely a bit higher ., which I've always put down to dawn phenomenon

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
A question:

They would need to answer that Ultramum but fasting blood glucose, the clue is in the name :) fasting readings are supposed to be taken after a minimum of 10-12 hours without food

D

debrasue

A question:

I don't know the answer to your question as it applies to others, but I think your point about comparing like-for-like is a good one. After all, we may find ingenious ways to try and beat the meter, but at the end of the day it's going to be the HbA1c that counts, so it seems to me that facing up to the genuine readings - good or bad - is probably a good idea.

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good morning @Ultramum I always get up about 4am I am always in bed by 9am as I only need a minimum of 6 hours sleep ,I never eat after 7pm and never eat before 5am which gives me my 10 hours fasting;)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Sorry to read you have a 'bulging' Disc @nomoredonuts . I know only too well what excruciating pain you must/are going through.
I have 2 Herniated (bulging) Disc's in my Lumbar region and Sacral region, and to top it all off Osteoarthritis in my Spine. I have used/taken so many different Pain Relief over the last 5 years, and finally found something that helps. I am wearing Butec Transdermal Patches 15mcg and change it every 7 days = the pain is not completely gone but it is bearable. I do have Liquid Morphine on stand by if I should desperately need it.
I hope you are feeling a little bit better and not in a great deal of pain today.

D

debrasue

A poor 7.8 this morning which I blame on my bedtime cheese treat. Back down to 6.0 two hours after lunch which was a big bowl of veggy chunky soup with some frankfurters in it. Still trying to get my head round how this site works as I have lots of unread messages or notifications. Thanks for the nice messages it helps me greatly.
Hi, @Bigman49!
It may be taking you a bit of time getting your head around the forum, but you certainly seem to be getting to grips with your BG levels! Well done.
If you simply click on any of those unread messages or notifications, the site will automatically take you to the location where the message is posted and then remove the notification.
Keep up the good work and keep sharing!
Hugs

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Welcome @Bhogg and @Mark Murawski .
Your bgs will reduce with avoiding pastries, cake, biscuits anf chocolate BUT most of us are finding reduced potato, rice, bread and pasta to make a huge difference. Many follow a low carb healthy fat diet. (lchf).
Ask any questions to guide you to lower bgs (blood glucose's)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Afternoon, my lovely friends on Type 2 Life, from me, Johnny, on PC No 2, a Public Computer, at Tate South Lambeth Public Library, in Vauxhall, South West London, England,

I am posting to express my most fervent, sincere apologies for not logging on. I'm still awaiting my new Chromebook Laptop Computer, exercising impeccable patience, hence the Biblical Scripture in James Chapter 1 of the Holy Bible:- "Let Patience have her perfect work, that ye may be made perfect and entire wanting nothing." I meditate on this scripture day and night and also a passage of scripture, taken from the teachings and counsel of Jesus Christ:- "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His Righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you."

These are my favourite Biblical Quotations.

My blood glucose has still been very excellent. I had a blood glucose reading of 5.6 Millimoles Per Litre yesterday with occasional spikes but soon controlled by hydration with tap water and my Lixisenatide Glucagon-Like Peptide Subcutaneous Injection for my Insulin-Resistant Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.

Today, I've eaten 1 bowl of Honey-Nut Cornflakes with Semi Skimmed Milk for my breakfast at 8:55 Ante Meridian GMT and later on I had several Tomato Sandwiches at different times of today.

Thank you for all the trophies, www.diabetes.co.uk. It warms my heart that so many people love and care for me and, believe me, I have grown spiritually, mentally and physically since using the Type 2 Life Forum.

Anyway, I must sign off now for today so have a lovely day so God bless you and rest assured I'm thinking of you all, even when I'm not at the Library, logging on the Internet.

Lots of Love,

From,

Johnny Baker (@autisticwonder1970)
Sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Personality Disorder NOS.

D

debrasue

Hey, Mine yesterday just after taking Metaformin was 8.2

Today after metaformin @ 2 hours its 7.4

Should I be taking my bloods first thing before drugs or after drugs? Any ideas folks why this consistently high?
Hi, @sheepie123 and welcome to the forum! I'm tagging @daisy1 who will send you a link to some information which may be helpful to new members.
Meantime, to find out your FBG (fasting blood glucose) level, take the test first thing in the morning when you wake up, after washing your hands, but before doing anything else. As I understand it, Metformin works via a cumulative effect, so you wouldn't expect to see a dramatic change after taking your meds in any case.
Daisy1's post will tell you more, but many members on this site follow the LCHF (low carb, high - or healthy - fat) food programme. Some of us find that we don't actually need to take meds, as we can maintain reasonably low BG levels through diet alone using this method. You can find details of the programme through this link: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/lowcarb/?utm_source=hp&utm_medium=dd&utm_campaign=lcp
Good luck with whatever course you decide to take, and you have definitely come to the right place. You'll find lots of information, recipes, and heaps of friendly support on this website.
Looking forward to hearing more from you about your journey...
:)

Reactions: Liam1955

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning @Ultramum I always get up about 4am I am always in bed by 9am as I only need a minimum of 6 hours sleep ,I never eat after 7pm and never eat before 5am which gives me my 10 hours fasting;)
I get up at around 5.00 am and go to bed between 22.00 and 23.00 hours however I often eat between 19.00 and 20.00 hours so I only have about 8 hours fasting unless I've had a snack or piece of chocolate!,

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been for a long (4.5 miles) walk this arvo around a local wildlife bird sanctuary.

Popped into Morrisons which is close by and bought some reduced price hake with Thai sauce for Sunday lunch.

Before evening meal my BG was 6.2 - lowest I have ever measured :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Been for a long (4.5 miles) walk this arvo around a local wildlife bird sanctuary.

Popped into Morrisons which is close by and bought some reduced price hake with Thai sauce for Sunday lunch.

Before evening meal my BG was 6.2 - lowest I have ever measured :)
@Ultramum you're romping this diabetes now. Well done. :)