Type 2 Life

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
I am truly saddened. It has been a difficult and, generally, thankless time over the past few days - and I have been waiting for the Devil to ride out

Reactions: 4 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Blimey, looks like I did miss much while I was at work yesterday.

For whats its worth I'm going to stick my 2 pence worth in and say that being a moderator is a thankless task cos no matter what you do you'll always upset someone. Having said that I was gutted to see the other thread closed but not being around at the time to see why I cant comment any more than that.

As for my training at work today, it was on the computer system and changes that have been made. Being a nosy button clicker (I wonder what this does) I'd pretty much already worked everything out for myself and typed up a user guide for everyone else.

Reactions: 7 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For whats its worth I'm going to stick my 2 pence worth in and say that being a moderator is a thankless task cos no matter what you do you'll always upset someone.

Amen to that - it's a thankless job indeed - they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. I've done a little moderating on another forum, but fortunately never had to deal with any really contentious issues. I think we have to remember however miffed we might be, things are done with the best interests of the forum as a whole in mind.

Robbity

Reactions: 4 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am truly saddened. It has been a difficult and, generally, thankless time over the past few days - and I have been waiting for the Devil to ride out
Right then

All agreed Lets move on:

Type 2 fasting boring thread for the facts and figures fans

Type 2 Fasting and furious for the racy

Freedom for the Type 2 Two

Hugs and kisses all round

Virtual party @Merrylizard1314 house

and a stop to this...............

今晚的音乐似乎这么大声
我想,我们可能会失去这个人群
也许是这样更好
我们会伤害对方,我们会想说的事

我们可以一直这么好起来
我们可以永远住这个舞蹈
但我没有人会跳舞
请留下来

Reactions: 12 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Right then

今晚的音乐似乎这么大声
我想,我们可能会失去这个人群
也许是这样更好
我们会伤害对方,我们会想说的事

我们可以一直这么好起来
我们可以永远住这个舞蹈
但我没有人会跳舞
请留下来

@Baruney I'm quite shocked at you using such rude language - it's really not called for.:p

Reactions: 6 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree! Pecan sandwiches and red wine all round and a happy reunion with the Type 2Two,
Please let it be so...
当我发现自己在患难的时候
圣母玛利亚来到我
说到智慧的话,让它成为
在我黑暗的时刻里
她就站在我的面前
说到智慧的话,让它成为

让它,让它成为
让它,让它成为
智慧的语言循循善诱,让它成为

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
当我发现自己在患难的时候
圣母玛利亚来到我
说到智慧的话,让它成为
在我黑暗的时刻里
她就站在我的面前
说到智慧的话,让它成为

让它,让它成为
让它,让它成为
智慧的语言循循善诱,让它成为

lolol Great advice ;) :)

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
当我发现自己在患难的时候
圣母玛利亚来到我
说到智慧的话,让它成为
在我黑暗的时刻里
她就站在我的面前
说到智慧的话,让它成为

让它,让它成为
让它,让它成为
智慧的语言循循善诱,让它成为

Did you not really mean to say "Dinnae you touch that, Jimmy"? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I've had a completely shitte day in nearly every way and managed to get it together so this evening tings are not so bad....
just kicked down the road...
There was wine with dinner. http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781/page-70#post-914604
pre: 5.2
that helped...

moving on, "tomorrow is another day" as one of mantras states.... and it belongs to me (SAHB did a great version)...

Watching "Bake off" was a little weird.... I don't bake that stuff anymore.....

end of musings...
for now.

Reactions: 11 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nope

Nope.I meant exactly what I said. Have you been on the (cough cough) medicine again?

Nope. Haven't even finished the bottle I was using for my 100ml bedtime medication some time ago. I actually saw the Beatles live in Carlisle many moons ago.

Reactions: 10 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Forgetting to test till after a flurry of activity on getting up has led me to a 6.4.

Reactions: 10 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning here as well

4.9 for me this morning.

Excellent Indian meal last night (it works for me if I limit myself to 1 poppadom and about half a chapati) started with kebab thingy then progressed to a prawn jalfrezi.

Might have had a beer or 2 with it. ...

Then white wine on the patio with a little gentle Backgammon up to bedtime.

When the evening was slightly disrupted by the arrival of the cockroach from hell. ......

I think its dead now but it did try to steal my sandal twice :eek:

Reactions: 14 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nope. Haven't even finished the bottle I was using for my 100ml bedtime medication some time ago. I actually saw the Beatles live in Carlisle many moons ago.
That's really cool on both counts. Not a drop has passed my lips since Saturday and going to see if I can push that to the end of the month.

Reactions: 9 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I had a couple of beers with dinner, and some bread to mop up the unctuous dark green olive oil that had been drizzled over various tapas, plus we shared a bottle of red on the rooftop terrace with some gorgeous blue cheese. Tested before dinner at 5.3 and then 2 hours after dinner as I turned the AC down it was 5.2. I was eating breakfast this morning when the wife reminded me I hadn't tested....duh, but I'm betting it would have been 6.2 cos it seems to be that level everyday on holiday.

Reactions: 14 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I had a couple of beers with dinner, and some bread to mop up the unctuous dark green olive oil that had been drizzled over various tapas, plus we shared a bottle of red on the rooftop terrace with some gorgeous blue cheese. Tested before dinner at 5.3 and then 2 hours after dinner as I turned the AC down it was 5.2. I was eating breakfast this morning when the wife reminded me I hadn't tested....duh, but I'm betting it would have been 6.2 cos it seems to be that level everyday on holiday.
Red wine, blue cheese. Natures answer to the question what is the best way to reduce your blood sugars. Sounds like a perfect holiday you're having.

Reactions: 9 people