Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi @autisticwonder1970 .
You may experience a few hypos when following a diet which lowers your bgs. Especially since your readings can be very good.
What support have you got when you start experiencing hypos?

Some people still experience hypos on metformin. I can and have when I was on metformin only.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Hi @autisticwonder1970 .
You may experience a few hypos when following a diet which lowers your bgs. Especially since your readings can be very good.
What support have you got when you start experiencing hypos?

Some people still experience hypos on metformin. I can and have when I was on metformin only.
Good afternoon, @ickihun, my friend, Due to my disability on the autism spectrum, I am susceptible to hypo unawareness. I might find it very difficult to detect the feelings of hypoglycaemia although I have a rough idea of the symptoms; shaking, feeling cold and with a lower body temperature, irritability but I'm not sure if there are any other symptoms to look out for. With regards to support, the only time I get that intervention is from my carer Tamika on Tuesday between 11:00 and 12:30 and Tuesday afternoon for my shopping with Maxwell at 2:30 to 4:00. Other than that I have friends like Lee and Ioanna but they're not always here even though they do pop in occasionally. I'm moving into a warden controlled flat with a concierge type facility soon. My care coordinator is filling out the summary of needs (FACE assessment) right now. She's really worried about my back abnormalities, incontinence and autism spectrum disorder plus my vulnerability with money.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good afternoon, @ickihun, my friend, Due to my disability on the autism spectrum, I am susceptible to hypo unawareness. I might find it very difficult to detect the feelings of hypoglycaemia although I have a rough idea of the symptoms; shaking, feeling cold and with a lower body temperature, irritability but I'm not sure if there are any other symptoms to look out for. With regards to support, the only time I get that intervention is from my carer Tamika on Tuesday between 11:00 and 12:30 and Tuesday afternoon for my shopping with Maxwell at 2:30 to 4:00. Other than that I have friends like Lee and Ioanna but they're not always here even though they do pop in occasionally. I'm moving into a warden controlled flat with a concierge type facility soon. My care coordinator is filling out the summary of needs (FACE assessment) right now. She's really worried about my back abnormalities, incontinence and autism spectrum disorder plus my vulnerability with money.
I know my brother-in-law in is in warden accommodation in Penge due to his autism and my nephew is in a care home but due to multipal related autistic restrictions. They are both very very happy.
You won't look back. Will your friends follow you to your new home area?
Have you received instructions on what to do in times of a hypo Johnny?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I know my brother-in-law in is in warden accommodation in Penge due to his autism and my nephew is in a care home but due to multipal related autistic restrictions. They are both very very happy.
You won't look back. Will your friends follow you to your new home area?
Have you received instructions on what to do in times of a hypo Johnny?
I wish my friends could move in to the warden controlled flats with me, but no, they're not. They're lovely people. They'll be able to visit me, though. Lee let me use his cooker to boil some potatoes and cauliflower because I haven't got very much electricity on my prepay meter owing to giving my utility allowance away when it was due last. Lee loves me to bits, as a friend, because he says I helped him out when he was struggling. We help each other and that's the essence of a good friendship. Ioanna's a good person too and is very loving.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My blood sugar at 4:51 PM on today Monday 12th June 2017 is 6.2, the same as it was this morning. Much love to you all from Johnny xXx.

D

debrasue

Good Morning, my lovely friends on the www.diabetes.co.uk Type 2 Life thread,

I had a good weekend and this morning, owing to the fact that I'm not starting my LCHF diet until tomorrow when I do my shopping with my carer, I ate a small cereal bowl of wholewheat fusilli with soft spread and tomato ketchup. I'm going to eradicate these high-glucose and high-sodium meals once I've done my shopping for LCHF food ingredients, as my lovely friend @debrasue advised in her post above. I'm going to buy a Burgen soya and linseed loaf from Sainsbury's at Nine Elms, some whole wheat spelt spaghetti and some chicken pieces, minced beef, frozen brussel sprouts, frozen cauliflower, frozen broccoli, frozen broad beans but not carrots or parsnips because they raise blood glucose. I'm also going to buy some fresh cherries, Greek yoghurt, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries, the latter I'll have some fresh berries and Greek yoghurt for each one of my breakfasts. Yes, @debrasue, I am a very proficient cook, and have a good eye for detail and am meticulous and analytical which is a pronounced Asperger Syndrome trait, which I have.

My blood glucose this morning was a good 6.2 mmol/L after orally administering my medications.

Much love to all,

From,

Johnny Baker (@autisticwonder1970), a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome xXx.
Well done, Johnny - you're making my mouth water already! Don't forget good old peas - dried or frozen. I know that @Sable_Jan makes an excellent pea and ham soup.....

Reactions: ickihun

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good morning, my friends,

My blood glucose level, this morning, at 6:17 AM, today, Tuesday 13th June 2017, was a very healthy 6.3. Last night, I had my special treat, and for the last time, before the LCHF diet commences today after my shopping, I had a lamb doner kebab with salad, chilli sauce, garlic sauce and pita bread and chilli peppers which Lee treated me to. If Lee wants to treat me to anymore after the LCHF diet commences, I'll remove the pitta bread and just eat the meat, the sauces and the chilli peppers. I'm getting very excited about commencing the LCHF diet, I attribute this wonderful decision I've made to the awesome advice of all the friends I have on this thread and their encouraging and motivating posts, likes, ratings and comments and quotes. Thank you so very much and much love to you with sincere gratitude and appreciation. Lots of love from Johnny xXx.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My blood glucose level at 7:40 AM, this morning, today, Tuesday 13th June 2017, is a very good, healthy 5.6 mmol/L. That's a fasting blood glucose reading.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My blood glucose reading at 10:07 AM, today, Tuesday 13th June 2017, is 6.1 mmol/L.

D

debrasue

My blood glucose level at 7:40 AM, this morning, today, Tuesday 13th June 2017, is a very good, healthy 5.6 mmol/L. That's a fasting blood glucose reading.
That's a brilliant FBG reading, Johnny - well done!
That's a great idea about the kebab as a treat, too. In fact, you could even substitute a slice of your Burgen soya & linseed loaf (11.8g of carbs) for the pitta bread (31.7g of carbs).
I can also recommend celeriac (2.2g of carbs per 100g) as an alternative to potato (22.6g of carbs per 100g), if you're shopping today. Treat it just as you would a potato, although it's quite dense and will give you a good workout to peel it and cut it up! It makes pretty good mash (with a bit of parmesan cheese mixed in) and very tasty chips, too. I have some other recipes for celeriac if you're interested, as well as one for some gorgeous Fake Garlic Mash made with cauliflower instead of potatoes (although it's quite hard to tell it's cauliflower).
Hugs xx

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good morning, my friends,

I just awoke and had my breakfast of blueberries and blackberries with Greek-style yoghurt which was delicious. My blood glucose reading after it, but not the full 2 hours, was 7.6. I administered all my morning medication and enjoyed 2 mugs of black coffee, each with 1 teaspoonful of sucralose granulated sweetener. Yesterday I ate 2 tomato sandwiches made at 2 different times of the afternoon, prepared with the Burgen Soya and linseed loaf.

Reactions: 13lizanne

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
It is 8:14 AM, today, Wednesday 14th June 2017, and my blood glucose reading is 5.6 mmol/L.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@OrsonKartt - Our Blood Sugars can rise not just by foods that we eat. But, also when we are ill, have infections, stressed, worried and taking some medications can raise Blood Sugars too. :)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good afternoon, my dear friends,

I haven't, if I'm honest, been sticking to the LCHF diet in the past few days, owing to money problems and giving money and food bought with it away. I went to the West Norwood St Luke's Church Food Bank on Friday and received alot of food. Yesterday I ate quite alot, a big bag of original Doritos, some Belgian Chocolates (naughty!) some pineapple juice a tin of sweetcorn and two pieces of breaded fish. Today, so far I've eaten 2 tuna crusty rolls and one corned beef crusty roll. My comfort eating is probably to do with high stress levels due to unbalanced relationships and some meltdowns in my Asperger Syndrome. My blood glucose reading at 3:43 pm today Saturday 17th June 2017 AD was 5.1 mmol/L.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good morning, my lovely, revered friends on the www.diabetes.co.uk Type 2 Life thread of the Diabetes Forum,

I am writing to inform you all that a nice data analyst from http://www.diabetes.co.uk assisted me to change my Username from autisticwonder1970 to my personalised Username, @JohnnyBaker12021970 out of respect and gratitude and great love to all the people on the Forum. I was having a bit of difficulty and Prit (Data Analyst) was positively lovely and helpful. I had to clear my browsing history on my Acer Chromebook to eradicate any information or data which would prevent me from logging in. Prit was patient, humble and kind to me as were the other www.diabetes.co.uk administrators.

This morning, in my daily activities I've drunk 2 cups of coffee with no milk and 3 sugars each regrettably. I'd run outz of Coffeemate Light and granulated sucralose sweetener. I get paid tomorrow when my carer collects my pocket money so I'll be able to buy it then.

My blood glucose after the coffee and before administering by mouth my medications was very good, 5.2 mmol/L, very good fasting reading.

Much love and best wishes, thinking of you all.

Johnny Baker (@JohnnyBaker12021970), a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and a mild learning disability. xXx.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good afternoon, my friends,

Just had my lunch - late lunch - of boiled potatoes in their skins, boiled cauliflower and boiled broad beans. I had a lovely refreshing, hygienic shower, too, and washed with Radox shower gel. Just watching Revelation Christian Television on Sky Channel 581.

Best wishes and deep, considerate love for you all,

Johnny Baker (@JohnnyBaker12021970), a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and a mild learning disability. xXx.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good evening, my friends,

My blood glucose, this evening, 5:24 post meridian, today, Monday 19th June 2017 anno domini, is a slightly hyperglycaemic 7.5 millimoles per litre.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I awoke this morning, 8:05 ante meridian British Summer Time today on Thursday 22nd June 2017 Anno Domini, and had a tomato sandwich with 1 thinly sliced tomato and 2 slices of Bloomer White Crusty Bread with sesame seeds sprinkled over the crust.

My blood glucose reading was 6.8 millimoles per litre.

A very good morning to you, my friends, with much love, from Johnny Baker, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome xXx.