1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 Life

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by emptyplate, Aug 4, 2015.

1. tina_marie

tina_marie Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

Ron's busy building his model boat .

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JohnnyBaker12021970

JohnnyBaker12021970 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I am posting to inform you that my dear, good, mentally disabled friend Ioanna paid me back the money I lent to her for her electricity last week and the week before and I bought a £10.50 30 gramme Holborn Yellow hand-rolling tobacco in a greyish-green pouch with a yellow logo on it and also a lamb doner kebab in a pitta bread pocket with salad, 2 chili peppers and chili sauce and garlic sauce. That was between midnight and two o'clock this morning in the early hours;

My blood glucose level at about 4:30 ante meridian this morning was a very healthy 5.8 millimoles per litre.

A very good morning to all my friends with heartfelt love and caringness xXx.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

Will all my meds and now asthma I'm wiped out most days so I need a nap. If I cannot get it I'm disturbed for a few days and ill.
    Walking is still very painful but I try and do something little most days. I'm very very slow. :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

Well I'm awaiting my bariatric surgeons decision by letter this week.
    Fingers crossed it will be which one I want too.

Scary but exciting.

I can see me skipping down the road thereafter. :) :) :)
    Well bulging discs aside.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Diamum5972

Diamum5972 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I hope it will be good news for you Vicky xx

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

Thankyou @Diamum5972 . I'm excited by the thought of more active times ahead. I miss swimming the most.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. TooManyCrisps

TooManyCrisps Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Are you not able to swim at the moment? I love swimming but only in the sea/lakes. As we don't live anywhere near the sea I don't swim very often. I did go to the Suffolk coast last week and swam every day. It was so warm I didn't even need my wetsuit
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get good news this week re your surgery.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. nomoredonuts

nomoredonuts Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I've been back from a whale-watching holiday about a week now and it's been all gardening to get the grass/veggies/new pond back in shape. I need to pop down to Cornwall for a couple of days, then up to the Henley Music Festival... thhheeennn I might get around to getting in the sea for my first UK dip of the year! Can't wait!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Liam1955

Liam1955 Type 2 · Master

Due to a recent event on here I have decided to leave the Forum.
    Wishing everybody well on their journey with Diabetes.
    William x

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

It breaks my heart I don't feel safe around the pool.
    You have given me an idea thou. Our beach is very long here in Sunderland. I will take the kids on next hot day with their dad, so I can swim or at least float about in north sea. I grew up here so sea is second nature to me. I respect it.
    Thankyou for your post. You have cheered me up! Thank you @TooManyCrisps :) :) :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that @Liam1955 I haven't been around here long, but have always found your posts helpful and friendly.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. miahara

miahara Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Just back from three weeks in Greece and trying to get my BS back to normal. The problem with Greece for this diabetic is the Greeks Bearing Gifts and Greeks have a very sweet tooth! For the past several years a Greek lady has presented us with a jar of spoon sweets these are various fruits in sugar syrup and are absolutely heavenly. This year it was orange skins in syrup and they had the texture of candied fruit. I limited myself to one bit of fruit a day and had to give away half of the jar :-( Thankfully my next HbA1c test is still a couple of months away so my BS average may have reverted to near normal by then.
    upload_2017-7-14_21-9-58.png

• Like Like x 2
  13. heh

heh Type 2 · Well-Known Member

William, I am sorry to hear this. You were the first friendly voice I "heard". :(

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. JohnnyBaker12021970

That's a relief! I've found the Type 2 Life Thread on the Forum after many days of not being able to locate it. I've been getting on really well with impeccable blood glucose readings and good participation with my cognitive behaviour therapy treatment for my Asperger Syndrome. Today I've eaten a plate of spaghetti, fried onions, oil, curry powder, broccoli and cauliflower. I felt very sick after it and vomited three times down the toilet which my friend Lee presumed was because of the amount of oil I put in it. That was a very silly thing to do. My blood glucose reading was only 5.1 mmol/L today but that was before eating.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  15. JohnnyBaker12021970

I was a very irresponsible and tactless "silly-billy" on Tuesday. Contrary to my childhood parental influence, I mistakingly prioritised 3 pouches of Holborn Yellow hand-rolling tobacco over sufficient, healthy food to eat in order to eat little, but often, to manage my diabetic and other health conditions. I've now exhausted all the tobacco through profuse binge-smoking and utterly dire irresponsible conduct although I did pay a debt of £10.00 to an elderly Christian couple for an electronic 'back massager' that they picked up in our local market/boot sale last Sunday although I didn't request the 'back massager' the gentleman turned up with it. But I am grateful for it and it has proved instrumental and valuable in eradicating a lot of my idiopathic back pain. So that is out of my restricted £70.00 as well as the nearly thirty pounds worth of tobacco and another debt to a friend called Ioanna for the ten pound note she gave me last Saturday which she was adamant she didn't want back, plus I lent her a five pound note on top of it for incidentals until her next payday. That means all I managed to buy in the way of food was 4 x £1.20 Bisto 2 sausages, mashed potatoes, peas and gravy ready meals and 3 x Sainsbury's Basics £1.00 beef lasagne ready meals, plus one loaf of £1.00 Sainsbury's Bloomer crusty bread with sesame seeds, 1 packet of seventy pence 6 in a pack classic round tomatoes by Sainsbury's, plus 4 pints of £1.00 milk and a tin of £2.50 Nestle Coffeemate Light.

The food I have in my fridge is a tiny amount of Sainsbury's Soft Spread, some very old jerk seasoning, in the freezer compartment is some frozen cauliflower, frozen Brussel sprouts, frozen broccoli, frozen broad beans, frozen garden peas and frozen roasting potatoes, but I can't cook the roasting potatoes because my care coordinator and corporate appointee haven't bought me a new stove without a conventional oven yet out of my accrued benefit money held in an account at Vulnerable Adult Community Services. In my walk in cupboard and cupboard mounted on the wall by my microwave oven, I have a small amount of whole wheat spaghetti and one onion. Oh, and I have a frozen Sainsbury's Basics Beef Lasagne £1.00 ready meal too and some sugar, artificial sweetener (granulated type) and a very small amount of tea bags and 1/2 a tin of Nestle Coffeemate Light coffee and tea whitener.

I also got a secondary diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder, in addition to my Asperger Syndrome, which my senior clinical psychologist assured me isn't caused by a lacking of parenting skills on my mum and dad's part as I had a wonderfully happy, stable and privileged childhood upbringing, but it's more caused by being bullied by people (because of my AS) in my late twenties, thirties and still ongoing to the present day. A lot of people, however, broken they may be, have nice, caring personalities like I do, and my psychologist informed me it doesn't mean they have a bad personality. I found this very comforting.

This explains a lot of my struggles in conjunction to the challenging and concerning autism spectrum disorder diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome.

Lots of love to all of you,

Johnny Baker, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, Borderline Personality Disorder, Insulin-Resistant Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Quadricep muscle tendon sprain, idiopathic lower back pain, idiopathic megarectum, urge incontinence, enuresis, essential hypertension, pure hypercholesterolaemia and mild hyponatremia. x X x.

• Hug Hug x 2
  16. miahara

miahara Type 2 · Well-Known Member

So sorry to read this William, I hope you'll reconsider as you've obviously contibuted a great deal to this forum and have been a support to many. I don't know or wish to know of the 'event,' but
    noli illegitimi carborundum
    you've too much to offer!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. JohnnyBaker12021970

Hi, to all my friends on Type 2 Life,

It's a bit of a better day today, but feel a lot of anxiety panicky symptoms which feels absolutely horrid. My blood glucose was good, however, standing at 5.9 mmol/L so I'm happy about that. I've just been watching Church Without Walls, a programme on Revelation which is an evangelical/charismatic Christian channel on Sky Channel 581 which is intended for people that don't go to church and can enjoy prayers, intercessions, holy communion and discussions. So far all I've eaten is a few biscuits that Lee gave to me and I'm going to have a beef lasagne ready meal when I feel I have more of an appetite.

• Hug Hug x 1
  18. P1ckle

P1ckle Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@ickihun is this the type 2 life you meant?

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

Hi @P1ckle .
    How is life treating you?
    Is your bgs a little too high or just naughty morning fasting one?

20. P1ckle

P1ckle Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yay right place :)
    Seem to be up and down throughout the day normally higher before bed too

• Hug Hug x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook