Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Blood Glucose Reading at 7:01 Ante Meridian British Summer Time on Friday 28th July 2017 Anno Domini: - 10.9 mmol/L.
Diet: - 1 bowl of Porridge with 1 cup of porridge, 1 cup of skimmed UHT milk and 1 teaspoonful of Sainsbury's Sucralose Artificial Granulated Sweetener, 3 glasses of tap water and 1 mug of instant coffee (around friend's) with 1 teaspoonful of Nestle Coffee Mate Light and 3 teaspoonfuls of granulated white sugar.
Activity: - Walked to a friend.
Mood: - Happy, chilled.
Cigarette smoking cessation: - 69 Hours quit without relapsing.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Well, today I'm in a bittersweet mood - I passed my final exam this morning with 88% but yesterday I found out my brother's best friend has died. James had Type 1 and was morbidly obese and on Wednesday he suffered a fatal asthma attack while he was with his family. My brother John rang his landline yesterday but his sister answered and told him the bad news. We don't know when the funeral will be but obviously John will need a lot of support, so I hope you will all understand if I'm not on here as much

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Thinking of you all with love Barbara

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm so sorry to hear of your brother's loss @Diamum5972 . Just seen your post and able to reply. This is getting ridiculous. Can answer, then carnt. it's getting a joke!

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I'm so sorry I haven't posted, I've just been busy on Facebook and http://www.quitnet.com as well as http://www.supportgroups.com which has been providing vital online support for my smoking quit (which I relapsed from yesterday) and my personality disorder diagnosis and Asperger Syndrome diagnosis.

Been struggling with my use of sugar in coffee in the last few days and today ate a bowl of Batchelor's savoury rice that Lee brought round for me. I brought 375 millilitres of cold water to the boil and bunged in the rice and stirred it simmering it on a low heat for 12 minutes. It was yummy. Also had several glasses of tap water and 3 coffees with Nestle coffee mate light and 3 sugars each. My blood glucose reading just now was 8.7 mmol/L.

Have a lovely day, my friends.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My blood glucose reading at 1:05 post meridian then I ate some boiled Penne Pasta which was 75 grammes in weight to a pan of boiling water. I even added some All-Purpose Seasoning to the water (1 pinch) which, if I'm honest, isn't what it's intended for, it's for seasoning chicken and oxtail in Afro-Caribbean cookery, but it contains salt so it should give it flavour. I boiled the Penne Pasta for 12 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid sticking. After 12 minutes, I strained the pasta and poured alternate amounts of boiling water over it, shaking the strainer of pasta in between, to extract the starch.

I ate my container of Penne Pasta at 1:24 post meridian British Summer Time.

And now, at 2:27 post meridian British Summer Time, my blood glucose reading is 9.2 mmol/L, bearing in mind that the full 2 hours hasn't elapsed since taking the first mouthful, as my lovely Type 2 Life friend @debrasue advised me a little while ago.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Blood pressure tested ok 140/80 and 78pulse gp happy. He told me to call ambulance if I start with chest pains. I reluctantly agreed I will.
@ickihun sorry to hear about your palpitations again. What dose of Bisoprolol are you on now?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun sorry to hear about your palpitations again. What dose of Bisoprolol are you on now?
5mg Bisoprolol. @Daphne917
I think just stress related. Still having palpatations but no chest pains.
I think lansoprazol has put a stop to chest pain as well as that extra 2.5mg of betablocker. That a&e cardiologist consultant was spot on by prescribing those. I need to thank him properly.
Weight loss hasnt helped in anyway to reduce my tablets as yet. I've lost just under 2 and a half stones since xmas but on more tablets. :(
GP nearly increased meds from consultants high blood pressure info but on checking for himself has advised resting more.
I'm doing too much in one day then fatigued for a few days, instead of pacing myself. It's proving impossible whilst kids are off. So much to do. For everyone.
My mum is helping, thankgod. I'm hoping she continues with her very very little support. Anything better than nothing. Not hands on help thou. Sisters no support at all. My psychologist the most helpful at mo. A listening sensible ear is sometimes all needed.

How is Mr Daphne?

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ickihun well done on the weight loss. Tony is not too bad thanks although we went to see the orthopaedic consultant about his arm and he's now decided to take the plate out which, due to them sorting out his blood because of the Warfarin, could mean he may be in hospital for a week for an op which is usually a day case - he's an anaesthetist and surgeon's nightmare!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun well done on the weight loss. Tony is not too bad thanks although we went to see the orthopaedic consultant about his arm and he's now decided to take the plate out which, due to them sorting out his blood because of the Warfarin, could mean he may be in hospital for a week for an op which is usually a day case - he's an anaesthetist and surgeon's nightmare!
I'm hoping not in much longer than the 3 days none diabetics are in for for my bariatric surgery. Still no date. I'm completing eating management course early september so might need very little after that as ive smashed my weight loss target for op. Still losing.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
So far, I've eaten a ready meal of 2 pork sausages, mashed potatoes, peas and gravy, and then pasta and baked beans with salt and pepper and tonight I ate corned beef and rice which had plenty of flavour with the chopped onion, chopped garlic, 1 teaspoon of all-purpose seasoning, 1 teaspoon of paprika and 1 teaspoon of dried thyme and a good sprinkle of ground black pepper. My blood glucose now is a very hyperglycaemic 15.8 mmol/L. Probably it's the carbs in the rice.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
So far, I've eaten a ready meal of 2 pork sausages, mashed potatoes, peas and gravy, and then pasta and baked beans with salt and pepper and tonight I ate corned beef and rice which had plenty of flavour with the chopped onion, chopped garlic, 1 teaspoon of all-purpose seasoning, 1 teaspoon of paprika and 1 teaspoon of dried thyme and a good sprinkle of ground black pepper. My blood glucose now is a very hyperglycaemic 15.8 mmol/L. Probably it's the carbs in the rice.

Really? spuds? pasta? rice? Any one of these would spike my blood sugar..all three over the day and my control would be knocked to hell for few days. Go easy, Johnny!

Reactions: Providence 62

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good morning to all of you fine people on Type 2 Life,

I realise I was a bit foolish consuming all those complex carbohydrates. I have to try harder with my low carb, high-fat diet plan. I've also gained 4 kilogrammes in weight as my nurse practitioner observed the other day and am now standing at 86 kilogrammes in weight. With my Asperger Syndrome, I tend to crave certain foods that contain specific dietary components. I love my boiled potatoes, mashed potatoes and pasta and rice but I do realise there are alternatives when diagnosed diabetic and susceptible to blood glucose abnormalities. There's cauliflower rice as an alternative to rice and celeriac vegetable, as recommended to me by Type 2 Life's @debrasue as an alternative to potato products.

My fasting blood glucose reading this morning after orally administering my 1000 milligrammes of metformin hydrochloride and administering my 20 microgramme subcutaneous glucagon-like peptide subcutaneous injection and other medications relevant to the different health concerns I am susceptible to having was a very good 5.1 millimoles per litre which I'm very happy with. So far, I've drunk 2 cups of sugarless coffee with Nestle Coffeemate Light and 2 glasses of tap water.

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Really? spuds? pasta? rice? Any one of these would spike my blood sugar..all three over the day and my control would be knocked to hell for few days. Go easy, Johnny!
I'm with you @pleinster . I might have a couple of crafty roasters with Sunday lunch, but I have very little rice nowadays and no pasta at all. It's just the price I pay for a healthier lifestyle...

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My fasting blood glucose reading, this morning, Saturday 5th August 2017 Anno Domini at 9:38 Ante Meridian British Summer Time is 6.1 Millimoles Per Litre and I've drunk 1 mug of sugarless instant coffee with Nestle Coffeemate Light Coffee Whitener.

I realise I have to really be proactive in eliminating complex carbohydrate-rich foods from my diet, for the sake of better blood glucose levels. I'll try really, really, really hard to do that.

Thank you very much indeed, my friends, and thank you for your concern.

Much love to you all in the name of Jesus Christ,

From,

Johnny Baker, a sufferer of challenging and concerning autism spectrum condition, idiopathic megarectum, urge incontinence and frequency loading, enuresis and type 2 diabetes mellitus. x X x.

Reactions: pleinster

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hi, and a very good morning to all my www.diabetes.co.uk Type 2 Life friends,

I had a good blood glucose reading upon taking it this morning, 9:32 Ante Meridian British Summer Time, today, Sunday 6th August 2017 In The Year Of Our Lord, Anno Domini.

It was 6.1 Millimoles Per Litre, and was a fasting blood glucose reading, although I have drunk 2 mugs of instant coffee without sugar and coffee whitener. I've also had 3 plastic cups of tap water and administered orally my 1000 Milligramme Metformin Hydrochloride tablet and all my other prescribed morning medications for the diverse health conditions I have.

I'm going to a little Church Of England church this morning to enjoy the service ceremony and have a lovely cup of sugarless instant coffee after the service. It's the first time I've attended an act of worship at this particular church and I'm going to introduce myself to the Vicar and maybe ask him to visit me at home to become familiarised with my Christian life situation if he's not too busy. I have been baptised and confirmed in the Church Of England and as I'm a communicant can take Holy Communion, which may make me deeply pensive and a bit emotional thinking of what Jesus went through in His crucifixion out of His love for me and permitting I go to Heaven when I come to the end of my life providing I repent and trust in Him.

My religion is a great comfort to me and although I don't enforce it on to others and love all the world's diverse religions I do pray for you guys, especially @ickihun, @debrasue, @TooManyCrisps, @eldergarth, @tina_marie and @13lizanne. I love you all very much, I may not have met you in the flesh but through participating in Type 2 Life I feel I know you very dearly and love reading all your posts and enjoy praying for you.

Much love and a big cuddle to all of you lovely people,

From,

Johnny x X x.

D

debrasue

Hi, and a very good morning to all my www.diabetes.co.uk Type 2 Life friends,

I had a good blood glucose reading upon taking it this morning, 9:32 Ante Meridian British Summer Time, today, Sunday 6th August 2017 In The Year Of Our Lord, Anno Domini.

It was 6.1 Millimoles Per Litre, and was a fasting blood glucose reading, although I have drunk 2 mugs of instant coffee without sugar and coffee whitener. I've also had 3 plastic cups of tap water and administered orally my 1000 Milligramme Metformin Hydrochloride tablet and all my other prescribed morning medications for the diverse health conditions I have.

I'm going to a little Church Of England church this morning to enjoy the service ceremony and have a lovely cup of sugarless instant coffee after the service. It's the first time I've attended an act of worship at this particular church and I'm going to introduce myself to the Vicar and maybe ask him to visit me at home to become familiarised with my Christian life situation if he's not too busy. I have been baptised and confirmed in the Church Of England and as I'm a communicant can take Holy Communion, which may make me deeply pensive and a bit emotional thinking of what Jesus went through in His crucifixion out of His love for me and permitting I go to Heaven when I come to the end of my life providing I repent and trust in Him.

My religion is a great comfort to me and although I don't enforce it on to others and love all the world's diverse religions I do pray for you guys, especially @ickihun, @debrasue, @TooManyCrisps, @eldergarth, @tina_marie and @13lizanne. I love you all very much, I may not have met you in the flesh but through participating in Type 2 Life I feel I know you very dearly and love reading all your posts and enjoy praying for you.

Much love and a big cuddle to all of you lovely people,

From,

Johnny x X x.
Thank you, Johnny - that means a lot to me.
I am delighted to hear you are doing so well with your diabetes control, and I hope you have fun at the new church this morning.
Hugs x

Reactions: ickihun