Type 2 Life

D

debrasue

I went totally crazy with my eating about an hour and a half ago, demolishing 6 slices of cheese on toast made with Sainsbury's Basics white bread (not Vogel's Soya And Linseed bread which is low carb, I'm regretful to say) and I've also had 4 glasses of Sainsbury's Prune Juice to help me go to the lavatory in addition to my Bisacodyl medication last night. Prune juice is very high in fructose and added glucose and my blood glucose, now, at 11:38 Ante Meridian British Summer Time is 7.3 mmol/L and I'm very constipated and not excreting any faecal matter and my bowel movements feel tight and slightly impacted. I believe a lot of this has to do with my unpredictable diet in my Asperger Syndrome plus not wanting to eat for fear of getting fat although I did demolish that cheese on toast in a high quantity which doesn't help my high blood cholesterol. I don't know what the triggers were for this decline in my behaviour, because everything's been A1 as far as my motivation and exercise routine are concerned. Maybe the trigger was Matthew cancelling our swimming trip this afternoon. I don't know, but I can't handle change to my routine, the psychologist and my care coordinator observed that. It's a quirk in my challenging and concerning autism spectrum condition.

Apart from that, I'm good. Lots of love from Johnny xXx.
Hi Johnny - have you tried Hovis Low Carb bread? They do it in white and wholemeal, and I think some supermarkets also have it as buns. I've just started buying it and it's really nice, and only about 8g of carbs per slice! Only small loaves, but very tasty and just like "real" bread.
Whole prunes would probably be better than prune juice - any juice is very high in fructose. I love prunes. :)
Hugs

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I had a high blood sugar of 13.1 after eating 3 side plates of toasted crumpets with butter (2 toasted, buttered crumpets on each side plate) and I also had 3 red apples and 1 stick of celery with a trickle of table salt down it like my Mum used to give me when I was a little boy. Catastrophic blood sugar!

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
It was Momo whom got me the crumpets with some Hovis Granary bread and milk and vegetables and fruits from round the New Elms market that were disposed of as waste and a lot of low-income people go there so they can get their five a day. and other food that they can't afford in the supermarket when on a low, restricted budget. Momo's one of the many people my appointee and mencap and mental health team, my psychologist included, who have raised a safeguarding of vulnerable adults investigation against, concerning my vulnerability, inasmuch he was suspected of stealing my computer, which Ioanna very kindly got back for me. I do have a lot of fruit and veg that Momo got me plus what I bought with my carer last Tuesday.

I'll check out the supermarkets in my area, @debrasue for the Hovis low carb bread. Sainsbury's sell dried prunes quite affordably, as I've checked their website. And I have a loaf of Vogel's Soya and Linseed bread in the fridge as well as 2 Hovis Granary loaves in the freezer. Thank you, @debrasue, God bless you for your kindness. Sorry for my silly things I do which are also a bit unpredictable. Those crumpets really rocketted my blood sugar! I could eat them when I was a little boy but I have to cut them out of my eating plan now I'm diabetic and in allegiance to the LCHF diet.

D

debrasue

I had a high blood sugar of 13.1 after eating 3 side plates of toasted crumpets with butter (2 toasted, buttered crumpets on each side plate) and I also had 3 red apples and 1 stick of celery with a trickle of table salt down it like my Mum used to give me when I was a little boy. Catastrophic blood sugar!
Hi, Johnny. I can entirely understand how this can happen. I wouldn't be able to stop after just one or two crumpets, either! :oops:

D

debrasue

It was Momo whom got me the crumpets with some Hovis Granary bread and milk and vegetables and fruits from round the New Elms market that were disposed of as waste and a lot of low-income people go there so they can get their five a day. and other food that they can't afford in the supermarket when on a low, restricted budget. Momo's one of the many people my appointee and mencap and mental health team, my psychologist included, who have raised a safeguarding of vulnerable adults investigation against, concerning my vulnerability, inasmuch he was suspected of stealing my computer, which Ioanna very kindly got back for me. I do have a lot of fruit and veg that Momo got me plus what I bought with my carer last Tuesday.

I'll check out the supermarkets in my area, @debrasue for the Hovis low carb bread. Sainsbury's sell dried prunes quite affordably, as I've checked their website. And I have a loaf of Vogel's Soya and Linseed bread in the fridge as well as 2 Hovis Granary loaves in the freezer. Thank you, @debrasue, God bless you for your kindness. Sorry for my silly things I do which are also a bit unpredictable. Those crumpets really rocketted my blood sugar! I could eat them when I was a little boy but I have to cut them out of my eating plan now I'm diabetic and in allegiance to the LCHF diet.
We all do silly things at times, Johnny - don't feel bad. The important thing is to pick yourself up again and keep trying to make better decisions next time - and you're doing that already. So that makes you a winner! As they say, life is a classroom and we're all still learning. :)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hi, Johnny. I can entirely understand how this can happen. I wouldn't be able to stop after just one or two crumpets, either! :oops:
I know, @debrasue! They're my favourite food, apart from the humble Doner Kebab, which I've mentioned tons of times on the Type 2 Life thread. I have no self-control, but that comes with motivation, and I'm working on that with Siobhan, my Psychologist that is treating my Asperger Syndrome with Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. I'm going to walk from my flat near the Wandsworth Road to Matthew and Claudette's C of E church in the Oval tomorrow for the Harvest Festival Service and Meal to thank the good Lord for the food we eat. I ate 1 slice of cheese on toast, halved, on a side plate, and my blood sugar's now 11.7. I can't seem to stop eating, and that's gluttonous covetousness which is a sin.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
It's croissants that I find hardest to resist...and I certainly do give in too often...but I did have to cut them out completely along with all the bread, pasta, chips etc when I was first focused on getting my blood sugar under some control. Lately, I have been a bit too casual on the croissant front in the mornings...and won't get away with it much longer. We do what we can...and usually, I do okay.

Reactions: debrasue

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's croissants that I find hardest to resist...and I certainly do give in too often...but I did have to cut them out completely along with all the bread, pasta, chips etc when I was first focused on getting my blood sugar under some control. Lately, I have been a bit too casual on the croissant front in the mornings...and won't get away with it much longer. We do what we can...and usually, I do okay.
Croissants mmmmmmmmm! but, alas, for me also - I'm fairly good with bread so decided to try a croissant or two one Sunday morn as our local shop bakes them on the premises - 10 after 2 hours and 8.5 after 3 hours so will leave them for now until another bout of 'croissant insanity' appears!

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

@JohnnyBaker12021970 don't be too hard on yourself you're doing well in controlling your BS and minor blips do happen. Have you got a Tesco near you as their High Protein Bread is only 10g carbs per slice and is nice toasted as well.

D

debrasue

Mmmm, yes, croissants..... I haven't had one of those for 18 months. I daren't risk it. They're far too delicious and I know I wouldn't be able to stop. :(

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Afternoon, my lovely, caring and devoted friends on Type 2 Life,

I had very bad mood swings/nicotine withdrawal symptoms all of yesterday evening and this morning and because of craving for tobacco to smoke felt very dizzy, cross, irritable and a bit temperamental. If it wasn't for my lovely friends who I've been there for through thick and thin with the kindness of heart that my Mum and Dad taught me when I was a little boy, Ioanna and Matthew, lending me a bit of money to buy some tobacco, I'd be very unhappy indeed. I gave Ioanna a hug and a kiss to thank her and kissed Matthew's hand which seems a bit weird and a very difficult thing for someone with Asperger Syndrome, like me, to do but it helped express a lot of gratitude. To make the two 30 g pouches last, I'm going to only have a roll up every half hour instead of every few minutes like I had been doing. That way, I'll benefit from smoking as enjoyment and not place my health conditions in jeopardy. I've got plenty of food, I just ate some microwave roasted jerked pork shoulder steaks and later on I shall have some apple crumble that Ioanna's friend is making. I'm so glad I've got tobacco. My care coordinator is coming today, I'm going to ask her for a twenty pound in money tobacco allowance to buy two pouches of 30 g tobacco every week with my Carer.

I feel much better now and I'm going to buy some soya and linseed bread tomorrow and that will be for the LCHF diet.

Much love to all,

From,

Johnny xXx.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Good Afternoon, my lovely, caring and devoted friends on Type 2 Life,

I had very bad mood swings/nicotine withdrawal symptoms all of yesterday evening and this morning and because of craving for tobacco to smoke felt very dizzy, cross, irritable and a bit temperamental. If it wasn't for my lovely friends who I've been there for through thick and thin with the kindness of heart that my Mum and Dad taught me when I was a little boy, Ioanna and Matthew, lending me a bit of money to buy some tobacco, I'd be very unhappy indeed. I gave Ioanna a hug and a kiss to thank her and kissed Matthew's hand which seems a bit weird and a very difficult thing for someone with Asperger Syndrome, like me, to do but it helped express a lot of gratitude. To make the two 30 g pouches last, I'm going to only have a roll up every half hour instead of every few minutes like I had been doing. That way, I'll benefit from smoking as enjoyment and not place my health conditions in jeopardy. I've got plenty of food, I just ate some microwave roasted jerked pork shoulder steaks and later on I shall have some apple crumble that Ioanna's friend is making. I'm so glad I've got tobacco. My care coordinator is coming today, I'm going to ask her for a twenty pound in money tobacco allowance to buy two pouches of 30 g tobacco every week with my Carer.

I feel much better now and I'm going to buy some soya and linseed bread tomorrow and that will be for the LCHF diet.

Much love to all,

From,

Johnny xXx.

Hi, Johnny. I'm glad you feel much better. Sounds like such a difficult situation not to have control over adequate money to just get on with normal stuff. Still, I do wish you could find away to give it up. I stopped about four years ago after decades of 30 fags a day. I am way less stressed in life now (though not everybody would agree with me on that)...and I realises that the stress of not having a cigarette to had when I wanted one was horrible...and that I was letting myself stay addicted because tobacco companies want that and make it that way..to get my money. That said, I do know how it can feel to be smoker and to know you have enough to have a wee smoke without climbing the walls. So, enjoy your puffs, mate, but have a wee think about it too. Not having to smoke would mean not having to worry about whether you enough or not..and you know from the diabetes that being in control can only help how you feel all round. Anyway, do what works for you, Johnny. Good luck.

D

debrasue

Hi, Johnny. I'm glad you feel much better. Sounds like such a difficult situation not to have control over adequate money to just get on with normal stuff. Still, I do wish you could find away to give it up. I stopped about four years ago after decades of 30 fags a day. I am way less stressed in life now (though not everybody would agree with me on that)...and I realises that the stress of not having a cigarette to had when I wanted one was horrible...and that I was letting myself stay addicted because tobacco companies want that and make it that way..to get my money. That said, I do know how it can feel to be smoker and to know you have enough to have a wee smoke without climbing the walls. So, enjoy your puffs, mate, but have a wee think about it too. Not having to smoke would mean not having to worry about whether you enough or not..and you know from the diabetes that being in control can only help how you feel all round. Anyway, do what works for you, Johnny. Good luck.
I can relate to this, too, having been a smoker for many years.
For me, the best feeling of all when I had finally quit was the wonderful feeling of freedom - freedom from worrying whether I was going to run out of cigarettes because the shops were closed; the freedom of being able to just walk out of the door without making sure I had my cigarettes and lighter; freedom from the panic if I thought I had lost them; freedom of not having to constantly stretch my budget to buy cigarettes; freedom of worrying whether I smelled of smoke; freedom of being able to go wherever I wanted without having to worry whether or not I'd be able to smoke there; freedom from feeling judged by others for smoking... The list was endless, but I suppose it all boiled down to the freedom from addiction. I have never regretted my decision to quit and I'll never go back to those dark days again.
You'll get there, Johnny - keep persevering and you'll win in the end. And victory will taste all the sweeter for having fought for it!
Hugs

Reactions: pleinster

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Evening, my fine, good friends on the Type 2 Life thread of the http://www,diabetes.co.uk Forum at 9:32 Post Meridian British Summer Time, today, Tuesday 3rd October 2017 in the Common Era, Anno Domini, in the Year Of Our Lord,

Thank you, dear @pleinster and my good friend @debrasue for your advice on my smoking of cigarettes and the expense it incurs on my finances and the offence it causes to other people. I have decided to take your advice because it's not a good Witness as a member of the Church of England to others whilst still in bondage to cigarettes. Plus I'd be more financially viable, less at risk of diabetic complications, more thoughtful and pensive of the health and feelings of others around me, more able to taste my own food and delicious water, tea and coffee, more at ease to approach God the Father in prayer (God helps those who help themselves, my good Mum used to say), the list is endless and insurmountable as to why I should re-establish my smoking cessation programme on http://www.quitnet.com and go back to using my Nicorette QuickMist 1 milligramme nicotine replacement therapy mouth sprays.

I haven't eaten very much today, especially this evening, but earlier on Momo's Muslim friend gave me some very tasty Algerian chili peppers, chopped, with tomatoes, chopped onion and crushed garlic on a bed of basmati rice, but only minimal rice in appreciation of the LCHF diet. I had two plateful of that but with more chili pepper and tomatoes and onion and garlic then rice.

I also did a good shopping activity with my Carer, buying a Silverside of Beef to roast later on this week, some pork shoulder steaks, some mixed chicken thighs and chicken drumsticks, onions, garlic, tinned tomatoes, grated Cheddar Cheese, 6 pints of whole milk, a Sainsbury's Classic Roast Chicken Fresh Oven Meal for Lee in his safe house and some bananas for him, a jar of Sainsbury's Rich Roast Instant Coffee Granules, Sainsbury's soft spread and 2 bottles of 2 litre Sainsbury's Cola Zero for Ioanna, a ten pound note for Ioanna, and twenty pounds for Maria, Ioanna and Ioanna's friend split three ways. I've also set aside my tithe to my Church of ten pounds, ten pounds for Claudette and Matthew and Bill split three ways and five pounds for petrol for Matthew's car when he takes me swimming on Thursday afternoon after one o'clock post meridian British Summer Time.

And tomorrow I'm going to my National Autistic Society/Lambeth Mencap gardening group at 10:30 ante meridian British Summer Time with my support worker called John.

Much love to you my friends with heart felt and sincere thankfulness and gratitude in fond friendship from Johnny xXx.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Good Evening, my fine, good friends on the Type 2 Life thread of the http://www,diabetes.co.uk Forum at 9:32 Post Meridian British Summer Time, today, Tuesday 3rd October 2017 in the Common Era, Anno Domini, in the Year Of Our Lord,

Thank you, dear @pleinster and my good friend @debrasue for your advice on my smoking of cigarettes and the expense it incurs on my finances and the offence it causes to other people. I have decided to take your advice because it's not a good Witness as a member of the Church of England to others whilst still in bondage to cigarettes. Plus I'd be more financially viable, less at risk of diabetic complications, more thoughtful and pensive of the health and feelings of others around me, more able to taste my own food and delicious water, tea and coffee, more at ease to approach God the Father in prayer (God helps those who help themselves, my good Mum used to say), the list is endless and insurmountable as to why I should re-establish my smoking cessation programme on http://www.quitnet.com and go back to using my Nicorette QuickMist 1 milligramme nicotine replacement therapy mouth sprays.

I haven't eaten very much today, especially this evening, but earlier on Momo's Muslim friend gave me some very tasty Algerian chili peppers, chopped, with tomatoes, chopped onion and crushed garlic on a bed of basmati rice, but only minimal rice in appreciation of the LCHF diet. I had two plateful of that but with more chili pepper and tomatoes and onion and garlic then rice.

I also did a good shopping activity with my Carer, buying a Silverside of Beef to roast later on this week, some pork shoulder steaks, some mixed chicken thighs and chicken drumsticks, onions, garlic, tinned tomatoes, grated Cheddar Cheese, 6 pints of whole milk, a Sainsbury's Classic Roast Chicken Fresh Oven Meal for Lee in his safe house and some bananas for him, a jar of Sainsbury's Rich Roast Instant Coffee Granules, Sainsbury's soft spread and 2 bottles of 2 litre Sainsbury's Cola Zero for Ioanna, a ten pound note for Ioanna, and twenty pounds for Maria, Ioanna and Ioanna's friend split three ways. I've also set aside my tithe to my Church of ten pounds, ten pounds for Claudette and Matthew and Bill split three ways and five pounds for petrol for Matthew's car when he takes me swimming on Thursday afternoon after one o'clock post meridian British Summer Time.

And tomorrow I'm going to my National Autistic Society/Lambeth Mencap gardening group at 10:30 ante meridian British Summer Time with my support worker called John.

Much love to you my friends with heart felt and sincere thankfulness and gratitude in fond friendship from Johnny xXx.

That's great news, Johnny ! It won't be so easy I guess but that makes it all the better when you arrive at the place where you have conquered it. Don't feel pressured from anyone, mate. You do it as it suits you...for you. Your shopping list sure made me hungry. And Lee gets bananas ! Lucky Lee...I miss bananas. Anyway, good luck.

ps. I can recommend a brilliant book that my wife used to stop smoking. One read and she never touched a cigarette again. It's called The Easy Way To Stop Smoking by Allen Carr...very well known and easy to get hold of. Take care.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
I can relate to this, too, having been a smoker for many years.
For me, the best feeling of all when I had finally quit was the wonderful feeling of freedom - freedom from worrying whether I was going to run out of cigarettes because the shops were closed; the freedom of being able to just walk out of the door without making sure I had my cigarettes and lighter; freedom from the panic if I thought I had lost them; freedom of not having to constantly stretch my budget to buy cigarettes; freedom of worrying whether I smelled of smoke; freedom of being able to go wherever I wanted without having to worry whether or not I'd be able to smoke there; freedom from feeling judged by others for smoking... The list was endless, but I suppose it all boiled down to the freedom from addiction. I have never regretted my decision to quit and I'll never go back to those dark days again.
You'll get there, Johnny - keep persevering and you'll win in the end. And victory will taste all the sweeter for having fought for it!
Hugs

One of the best decisions I ever made. My wife stopped too. Would you believe that we both used the money we saved on cigarettes to make payments each month to a brand new Corsa each ? First time I ever owned a brand new car in my life. the payments literally pretty much matched the expenditure on fags. One is now paid off and the other one has only a year to go.
I don't even think about smoking now.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Oh I do wish I could stop smoking. For me, smoking is exacerbated by pain so that it (and tea) is sometimes the only thing I have on bad pain days. There is no good reason to smoke but heaps of good reasons to quit. Just wish I could do it.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Oh I do wish I could stop smoking. For me, smoking is exacerbated by pain so that it (and tea) is sometimes the only thing I have on bad pain days. There is no good reason to smoke but heaps of good reasons to quit. Just wish I could do it.

@Guzzler, that Easy Way book by Allen Carr is amazing...really...check it out...and keep smoking while you're reading it. Really.

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
@Guzzler, that Easy Way bo Allen Carr is amazing...really...check it out...and keep smoking while you're reading it. Really.
I tried to watch one of his vids on youtube, gave up half way through. I know the dangers so I didnt need him to spend twenty minutes telling me what I know. Really tired of being preached at and being made to feel like a pariah. The preaching doesn't work along with everything else I've tried.