type 2 or lada

2808myles

Got a phone call today from my consultant to go see him tomorrow,his intention is to take me off insulin which i have been taking for 8 years as he said i dont need it.When first diagnosed i was told i was type 1 and was on something like 42units novomix 30in morning and 28 at teatime as well as 5 500mg of metformin,these amounts have been reduced over the years partly due to weight loss.i was 25 st at 1 point i am now 22st.My 3 month bloods were 5.7 and they say this is to tight,i have been taking 6 units in the morning and 4 units teatime,i am really concerned that i have not been diagnosed right, i had the GAD AND c-peptide blood done,Gad was negative and c-pep was raised,what i need is questions i can ask tomorrow as my head is in the wrong place

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, may be this is too late for your appointment. It's not for me to try to diagnose you, but if you are really Type 1 then you will need to continue insulin as Type 1s by definition don't produce any or any noticeable insulin themselves. If your GP now thinks you may be Type 2 or one of the variants then you need to ask what Type he thinks you are. If he thinks you are actually Type 2 then it's possible just having tablets will control you well enough as your HBa1C is good. I would expect a gradual reduction of insulin and BS measurements along the way to see what works for you if a change is needed? This needs discussion with your GP?