Type 2 reversal did not work for me.

Kyambala

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello again Resurgam. I used to take 60 units of Insulin AM and 40 PM so the doctor put me on 2 metformin as well.
This reduced my Insulin to 44 AM and 32 PM.

My diet in Uganda was mainly carbs. Normally when I return to UK I increase my Insulin to about 46 AM and 34 PM which leaves my BS about 7 or 8.

Now that I have started on LCHF I haven't quite settled on what my dose should be and have been experimenting with varying my dose by 2 or 4 units AM & PM.

So, this AM it was 44 and tonight it is 32. I will check my BS before I go to bed. Will let you know tomorrow.

Hello again Resurgam. Just to update you: I took 44 units yesterday morning and 28 units at about 7.30 pm and by midnight my BS was 5.3 so to prevent a Hypo i the middle of the night I ate 4 oat cakes with cheese. This morning at 9 am my BS was 5.5
So this evening I will be reducing my Insulin units to 26 and will check my BS before I go to bed.

This LCHF diet is having a reducing effect on my Insulin needs.

Kyambala

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello again my friends. My Insulin is now down to 40 units AM and 20 units PM. Thanks to the LCHF diet. But after 4 weeks on the diet I have suddenly stopped losing weight. I have lost only 3 kg in 4 weeks of LCHF. Perhaps I am eating too much. Can't do too much walking at the moment because of a foot injury. Sometimes I have a real craving for anything carbs. Any suggestions?

Reactions: Vern

Kyambala

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I measured my BS at midnight last night, it was 6.1 I decided to risk the possibility of having a mild Hypo. Awoke at 6 am to urinate - felt OK so went back to bed. Got up at 8.15 but delayed testing until 9.15 am. Fasting BS was 7.2 I was hoping for a reading around about 5 Obviously my liver has been up to its "tricks". Any suggestions?

Reactions: Freema

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Regarding carb cravings what are you missing? Sweet treats? Mash potatoes? Or is it that you feel hungry between meals?
There's heaps of low-carb tricks to cheer you up - like pancakes this week. And I can point you to several low-carb recipe sites - yet you say LCHF is working for you - so you must have your own ideas.

I'm afraid I don't know how your medication works to control liver dumps. Perhaps someone else can shed light.

Last edited:

Kyambala

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Regarding carb cravings what are you missing? Sweet treats? Mash potatoes? Or is it that you feel hungry between meals?
There's heaps of low-carb tricks to cheer you up - like pancakes this week. And I can point you to several low-carb recipe sites - yet you say LCHF is working for you - so you must have your own ideas.

I'm afraid I don't know how your medication works to control liver dumps. Perhaps someone else can shed light.

Hello "nomoredonuts". It doesn't bother me if I never see another sweet or similar treat. I have cut out potatoes, rice, bread, muesli, beans, carrots, parsnips, etc. I only have 1 slice of bread soaked in Extra Virgin Oil with my bacon & egg every morning. But strangely enough a few days ago I had a craving for ANY carb.

This last couple of days my flesh, hands, lips, etc, has been tasting SWEET. Can't understand why. I always thought flesh tasted salty. My wife does the cooking. 25 years ago I cooked her what I thought was quite an acceptable meal. When I asked her if she enjoyed it she replied: "let me put it this way - from now on I will do the cooking".

She cooks it and I eat it.

Thank you for your post.

Michael4450

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Would it be a real hardship to give up the piece of bread each morning?
Perhaps check on the carb content of the sausages - some can be rather high. Small changes can make a big difference when done every day.

Great idea give up bread lol for lunch try a wrap with dark salad and chicken or tin salmon or perhaps tuna with Cesar sauce to add a little flavour. I have been T2 for near on 13 years I came off medication 1 & 1/2 years ago yes it's not easy but I would rather be free of Med and have a tasteless diet. Not easy!!!

Kyambala

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Great idea give up bread lol for lunch try a wrap with dark salad and chicken or tin salmon or perhaps tuna with Cesar sauce to add a little flavour. I have been T2 for near on 13 years I came off medication 1 & 1/2 years ago yes it's not easy but I would rather be free of Med and have a tasteless diet. Not easy!!!

Thanks for the suggestion Michael. Lunch and evening meal I eat a lot of "greens" and usually some sort of meat (chicken, ham, lamb, fish.) whereas I used to eat mainly carbs. Started losing about 1kg per week and am now starting my 5th week on LCHF but have stopped losing weight but my Insulin needs have dropped from 44 units am to 40 and my pm units dropped from 34 to 20 units. So, overall I am very pleased.

Kyambala

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My weight has gone back up to 85 kilos - but my Insulin needs have now gone down from 44 am to 36 am from 34 pm to 18 pm.
I can't win them all. But I am getting there thanks to the LCHF diet.

Kyambala

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Know what you mean @Kyambala about the cold. Enjoy your walk!
I use https://www.decathlon.co.uk/essential-mini-stepper-black-id_8360963.html when the weather is inclement.

Hello again "walnut_face". I went looking around the charity shops for one of those "mini-steppers" and in AgeUK found an Exercise Bike for £10. My wife and I now both use it. As well as exercising my legs it also exercises my arms because the "handle bars" can be used to give a "rowing action". A wonderful piece of kit and it can fold up onto the back seat of my car.