Type 2 / toe nail surgery

Kaylee2492

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi all
Looking for some advice please, so last week I went in to have my other toe nail removed went all ok as knew what I was expecting, my question is that for the last two days I've been experiencing this burning feeling and it really hurts I've contacted my local podiatry team and was just given a number to ring tomorrow also have rang the local doctors and they can't see me either till tomorrow am in lots of agony has any one experienced this if so what did you end up doing or what was it, am also type 2

Kaylee2492

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can I ask why you had your toe nail removed?
For many years I've had problems with my feet, be unable to walk to far etc, went to the doctors one day and referred me to the podiatry team and they looked at my feet asked what the issue was and where I was getting pain from I was meant to have both done last year at the same time but chose just the one as needed to be able to be flexiable as am a full time carer to my son and partner

M

mist

Brutal, i almost ripped my toe nail off once and it hurt like a son of a bib!

Maybe try applying a thin layer of petroleum jelly, such as Vaseline, and cover the toe with a nonstick bandage and take some good pain killers like codene.

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I went to a podiatrist thinking he would cut my nails which have all got Psoriasis under them and are distorted. He suggested removing my big toe nails and I went away to think about this. It meant 12 weeks no driving!!! I decided not to have the op. I sometimes wonder if I was right to decide this.

Kaylee2492

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I went to a podiatrist thinking he would cut my nails which have all got Psoriasis under them and are distorted. He suggested removing my big toe nails and I went away to think about this. It meant 12 weeks no driving!!! I decided not to have the op. I sometimes wonder if I was right to decide this.
Ohhhh no not good, honestly it's not a bad as it sounds pretty straight forward your allowed to drive just not on the day of surgery, would really recommend it's taken so much pain of my right foot that's the one I had done last year and is all healed now, if you want it done again then ask them your be put on a waiting list x

Kaylee2492

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brutal, i almost ripped my toe nail off once and it hurt like a son of a bib!

Maybe try applying a thin layer of petroleum jelly, such as Vaseline, and cover the toe with a nonstick bandage and take some good pain killers like codene.
Ohhh god really I bet that hurt, as far as an aware I've got to keep it bandaged up and kept clear can only clean it but soaking it in salty water for about 20 mins

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Ohhhh no not good, honestly it's not a bad as it sounds pretty straight forward your allowed to drive just not on the day of surgery, would really recommend it's taken so much pain of my right foot that's the one I had done last year and is all healed now, if you want it done again then ask them your be put on a waiting list x
Thanks Kaylee... I will consider it :)

M

mist

Ohhh god really I bet that hurt, as far as an aware I've got to keep it bandaged up and kept clear can only clean it but soaking it in salty water for about 20 mins

Sounds like a plan mate. Just rest up and try not to stress about it. Hope you start feeling better soon ;)

Kaylee2492

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds like a plan mate. Just rest up and try not to stress about it. Hope you start feeling better soon ;)
Easily said then done, am busy he, my child has special needs and my partner being epileptic, thanks for the help though