Type 2, what do I do!?!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was at 33 after the fall. Which is the lowest I have ever been to my knowledge. My first thought was that it had to be an interaction between some of my medications. Especially since this happened 2 days after increasing one medication, and starting several new ones. I am still waiting to hear back from my doctor, she ran some blood work yesterday. Not sure if that can tell her anything, but I am hoping she will have an answer for me! Thank you so much for the link! I am definitely going to look into it myself!

Gosh - 33 is low (c1.8 for those in the UK).

Some people find that once they get to grips with what they're eating, and activity levels that their medication can actually be trimmed back a bit, so please do keep a note of any of these lows, for discussion with your medical team.

It's important you don't change your medication regime without keeping your team involved.

It doesn't help when there have been multiple changes to your medication and maybe your diet too, but that often happens shortly after diagnosis. Things will settle down over time, but do keep your medics in the picture.

sasharhianna93

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gosh - 33 is low (c1.8 for those in the UK).

Some people find that once they get to grips with what they're eating, and activity levels that their medication can actually be trimmed back a bit, so please do keep a note of any of these lows, for discussion with your medical team.

It's important you don't change your medication regime without keeping your team involved.

It doesn't help when there have been multiple changes to your medication and maybe your diet too, but that often happens shortly after diagnosis. Things will settle down over time, but do keep your medics in the picture.

I have been eating healthier (though there is still some room for improvement) and taking my medications exactly as the doctor wants me to. So I am hoping that it can all work itself out! I know this is still the beginning so things may need to be tweaked a little here and there. I just want to feel normal again!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been eating healthier (though there is still some room for improvement) and taking my medications exactly as the doctor wants me to. So I am hoping that it can all work itself out! I know this is still the beginning so things may need to be tweaked a little here and there. I just want to feel normal again!

There's a lot to get a handle on in the early days, for sure. Over time, it just becomes the new normal, and I'm sure you will feel better.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. Yes, sulfonylureas can cause hypos as they can overstimulate the pancreas to produce more insulin. I suspect your dose needs to be reduced. The statin will be having minimal effect other than to increase blood sugar a bit. Metformin will be having only a small effect on blood sugar.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Ok, so I am not usually the person who posts on these sorts of things. However I don't have anyone in my life who has any knowledge of or experience with diabetes so I figured this would be a great place to get tips, information, and hopefully find other people who can relate to this dise
Ok, so I am not usually the person who posts on these sorts of things. However I don't have anyone in my life who has any knowledge of or experience with diabetes so I figured this would be a great place to get tips, information, and hopefully find other people who can relate to this disease and its many physical and emotional affects. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in February and ever since then I feel like my world is spinning out of control. I am on a ridiculous amount of medications which sometimes leave me feeling worse than I was feeling before. I recently had a severe hypo that caused me to lose consciousness while I was walking down the stairs at my home. That absolutely terrified me! Now all I can seem to think about is what if this happens while I am driving? What if I am home alone and this happens? I feel so completely helpless and I hate it. I don't have the hang of this yet and I know I cant expect it to be perfect, and I can't expect to feel great all the time. But truthfully this disease is causing me so much anxiety and stress that I can hardly function anymore. Any tips, advice, or encouraging words would be deeply appreciated! This is a really tough thing to deal with and I salute all of you out there fighting your own battles with this disease!!! Thank you. Many blessings!
Welcome to the forum. My own trials began in 2005, I woke up in the emergency admittance unit only to discover I was a diabetic. The first year on insulin was a nughtmare until I got into a rythym. Years later I discovered the forum and it has been plain sailing ever since. You made a wise decision to come here. Good luck on your journey.
ase and its many physical and emotional affects. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in February and ever since then I feel like my world is spinning out of control. I am on a ridiculous amount of medications which sometimes leave me feeling worse than I was feeling before. I recently had a severe hypo that caused me to lose consciousness while I was walking down the stairs at my home. That absolutely terrified me! Now all I can seem to think about is what if this happens while I am driving? What if I am home alone and this happens? I feel so completely helpless and I hate it. I don't have the hang of this yet and I know I cant expect it to be perfect, and I can't expect to feel great all the time. But truthfully this disease is causing me so much anxiety and stress that I can hardly function anymore. Any tips, advice, or encouraging words would be deeply appreciated! This is a really tough thing to deal with and I salute all of you out there fighting your own battles with this disease!!! Thank you. Many blessings!
Welcome to the forum @sasharhianna93. My own trials

sasharhianna93

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and welcome. Yes, sulfonylureas can cause hypos as they can overstimulate the pancreas to produce more insulin. I suspect your dose needs to be reduced. The statin will be having minimal effect other than to increase blood sugar a bit. Metformin will be having only a small effect on blood sugar.

So, you are saying it is more than likely the glipizide? Thanks!