Type 2

darrentjp

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello everyone been diagnosed 3 wks ago really missing my coca Cola. Pepsi Max just isn't the same. Can live without the rest

Reactions: stewpot65

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
welcome here darrentjp :)

well my advice learn to eat in a totally different style , and understand that you are to change preferences :

low carb high fat eating style is much better for you ... sugary drinks and sugary meals will never ever be a bigger part of ones life a type 2 if one wants to live long and especially without further complications and adding diseases..

Last edited:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sugar sweets chocolates white bread anything that is higher than 1.5g of sugar

Are you also looking at the total carbohydrate content in the foods you eat? Sugar is only one component, starch is equally as bad, so any starchy foods need to be reduced. These include bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, cereals, pastry, anything made with flour.

Nikkim58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People walking in front of my wheelchair, people talking to whoever is with me as I am obviously stupid! Lol, people moving me in my wheelchair out of the way, not asked, just moved! yes, it really does happen
Hello everyone been diagnosed 3 wks ago really missing my coca Cola. Pepsi Max just isn't the same. Can live without the rest
I gave up coke and Pepsi and I found I wasn't as thirsty. Well worth giving up

Nikkim58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People walking in front of my wheelchair, people talking to whoever is with me as I am obviously stupid! Lol, people moving me in my wheelchair out of the way, not asked, just moved! yes, it really does happen
I have given up coke and Pepsi and found I wasn't as thirsty. I just gave all fizzy drinks up. Medication for other things gives me a very dry mouth, so it really helped me.