coffe

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
This is somewhat an experiment for me ,I was 5.8 before meal,I shall test at 1 hour and 2 hours:)

12.120pm Lunch 1 piece of lean steak (medium) broccoli.cauliflower,tiny portion og gravy and a spoonful of mash potato'

Pre meal 5.8 mmol
2 hour post meal 6.2 mmol

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelofthemarches

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good afternoon I have just eaten a roast dinner,chicken breast no skin,3 small roast potatoes,two aunt Bessie's Yorkshires.gravy and broccoli,cauliflower and Brussels:)

Before lunch 5.6 mmol
1 hour after lunch 7.6mmol
2 hour reading 6.0mmol

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
God wiseowl_123 wish I could eat some of those carbs my readings would be off the scale.But you are doing well,I think it's because I've been 17 years type2 diabetic that I cannot eat carbs now but I'm not going hungry with the veg.to fill me up Keep doing well good luck to you.

Bows

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Made low carb scones. 2 cups almond flour. Half cup fine coconut. 1 Tbsp xylotol and 1tbps baking powder. Pinch salt. 3 oz cold butter and 3rd cup of full fat milk. 2 eggs. Mix all dry ingredients then rub in butter. Beat eggs with milk and gently add to dry mix. Do not over mix. Spoon 8 to 10 spoons onto creased baking tray. Brush with a little milk. Bake 180 c for 15 to 20 mins. Approx 3 to 4 carbs each. Quite nice when you fancy something for desert.

Reactions: dunelm

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good afternoon @Granny_grump_ and thank you my friend no one is no more surprised than I am ,no matter what I eat lately(in Moderation) eating every 3 hours 5am until 5pm my numbers seem quite good all day 5's and 6's:)

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Breakfast: 2 small slices of soya flour toast topped with avocado and smoked salmon, black tea, black coffee followed by a 4 mile walk.
Lunch (cafe): Falafel and halloumi wrap with salad. Left half of wrap but ate all filling.
Dinner: Squash and cottage cheese tortilla with green vegetables.
Snack Roasted nuts, usually far too many!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Never had it so good lots more energy no fogged up brain,perhaps I've lost it it's called living! Not just existing what do you think?

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Had the omelette at 11am no snacking in between, at 5 pm 6oz fryed steak cooked in olive oil and small amount butter in mushrooms carrots and turnip broccoli and cauliflower with 2 teaspoons butter in veg. has this Exept for steak is for 2 people cup tea only drink mostly coffee and a couple drinks tea and then water .One hour brisk walking with dogs in morning.Do you think I'm having more fats than I should weight not shifting so well,about 6 lb in 5 weeks.

Reactions: majnoon

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had the omelette at 11am no snacking in between, at 5 pm 6oz fryed steak cooked in olive oil and small amount butter in mushrooms carrots and turnip broccoli and cauliflower with 2 teaspoons butter in veg. has this Exept for steak is for 2 people cup tea only drink mostly coffee and a couple drinks tea and then water .One hour brisk walking with dogs in morning.Do you think I'm having more fats than I should weight not shifting so well,about 6 lb in 5 weeks.

The problem is, Granny, that what is too little/enough/too much for one person can be quite the opposite for another. Your 6 lbs in 5 weeks is nice gentle loss, and there are advantages to that, in terms of how our skin reacts.

I didn't have masses of weight to trim off, but it happened quickly for me. I was only concentrating on getting my bloods right, and the love handles, and more disappeared FAST. I appreciate how annoying that might be for you, but it's how it was. The downside is, I am left with loose skin on my arms and my previously noticeable bosom have gone. Losing more slowly may have helped me. Of course, that's only a theory, as I can't change it now.

If you want to try to accelerate your loss you could just try trimming back your fats a bit. The thing about fats is that a small amount can make a real difference to some folks, so don't go too mad paring back or your end up hungry and really not getting enough nutrition.

Good luck with it all. :)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Made low carb scones. 2 cups almond flour. Half cup fine coconut. 1 Tbsp xylotol and 1tbps baking powder. Pinch salt. 3 oz cold butter and 3rd cup of full fat milk. 2 eggs. Mix all dry ingredients then rub in butter. Beat eggs with milk and gently add to dry mix. Do not over mix. Spoon 8 to 10 spoons onto creased baking tray. Brush with a little milk. Bake 180 c for 15 to 20 mins. Approx 3 to 4 carbs each. Quite nice when you fancy something for desert.
I've got to try those with some raspberries microwaved in to a sort of jam and whipped double cream. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Reactions: wiseowl_123

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday.
Breakfast. Bacon, egg, sausage and mushroom

Lunch. 1 baby bell cheese and a few pork scratching.

Dinner. 1 Lidl roll sliced into 4 to make 2 fish finger sandwiches followed by Greek joghurt.

BG this am was 6.2 - fish fingers probably not good.

Reactions: berylc

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Breakfast yesterday: 3 chestnut mushrooms fried in olive oil and 2 fried eggs

Lunch: 2 long peppers and 2 Portobello mushrooms roasted in olive oil. 1/2 avocado, spinach, peas in shell (forgotten their name!) 4 avocado ado spears and 2 slices Parma ham

Tea at work: 1/2 avocado, smoked salmon , mxd lettuce leaves, 4 tiny tomatoes

Snack after work at 10.30pm. Few nuts (Brazil and pecan). 2 seamen recital with butter WHERE DID THAT COME FROM! I can assure you I have NEVER snacked on that! I remember having 2 sesame rivitas with butter though :)

Last edited:

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast. Porridge with blueberries flaxseed and drizzle maple syrup. Stringless Turmric fingerboard cinnamon (my bs didn't like this )

Snack of 25g 70 % dark chocolate with thick layer peanut butter ontop

Lunch chicken mayo salad with apple after it

Dinner will be chicken stir fry with probably cauliflower rice

anespo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Today I started seriously the LC diet after almost one month of average reading of 11-12 mol/l.e
Today fasting 8.9
Breakfast 3 scrambled eggs 2 sliced beacon
Lunch couple of slice of ham 30 g of blue cheese salad with lettuce tomatoes olives and avocado
After 2 hours reading 5.6
before dinner 5.4
Dinner roll pork roast 2 big slices and salad
2 hours reading 5.6
Yeahhh now we are talking about readings

Reactions: berylc and coleyd

linkwood

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast - just a cup of tea
Mid morning - cup of Bovril - excellent appetitite suppressant!
Lunch - 3 slices bacon and a pile of sauteed veg
Smack - sliced up apple and tablespoon of Almond butter (yum) amd a square of 85% chocolate
Evening meal will be home made lean beef rendang curry, red rice, sauteed veg

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
B. chili cheese omlete
L. Whitefish 150g, sprouts 200g,
S. a lidl high protein roll,peanut butter low carb

2 coffee with table spoon of cream in each

snacks none

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bacon, egg and mushrooms
Egg and avocado Mayo and roast beef
Cougetti with the Lidl meatballs (5) and homemade tomato sauce

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Raspberries with Greek yoghurt

L. Prawn cocktail. Half roast chicken with a selection of green beans, cauliflower, peas, tiny bit parsnip.

Snack. Roasted cashew nuts. ( found it very hard to stop eating them... Yummy)

D. Strawberries and yoghurt. :)

Reactions: Chook