1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. dogslife

dogslife Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Breakfast: 1 slice of toasted cheese. Lunch: 1 roasted chicken leg/ small slice ham/ 1 slice wholemeal bread. Evening meal: Sliced chicken, brocolli/ green beans/ 2 egg sized new potatoes. Snack/ supper: Cubed cheese/ walnuts.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. leslie10152

leslie10152 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

This morning my BGL was 7.8, had two pieces of sourdough toast, up to 9.8 2 hours later. Lunch was mild curry with beef and veggies - 2 hours later....6.0! Lookin' good!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. dogslife

dogslife Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Breakfast: 1 thin slice toast with peanut butter. Lunch: ham, turkey, 1/2 boiled egg and cube of cheese with plain salad. ( Lettuce/ cucumber/ tomato/ celery). Evening meal: Bacon, cooked cheese, tinned tomatoes, 1/2 slice wholemeal bread. Drinks: Black tea/ water. Snack: walnuts.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Silent_partner

Silent_partner Type 2 · Member

Braekfast 1 cup oats wih full cream milk. Mid morning 1 apple lunch sandwhich shicken curry (home made) mid afternoon few pieces of dried fruit. Then the wheels came off when I came home to find two samosa's which I ate befor dinner. Dinner lean mince one potato mixed veg a cup of tea with a few sugar free biscuits.
    9.5mmol/l
    I will try beter tomarow

• Like Like x 1
  5. gowlanj

gowlanj Type 2 · Member

Breakfast - a protein shake (because I am sick of eggs), lunch - stirfry with cabbage, chicken and thai spices; dinner cauliflower mash with bacon pieces (I love this) and a pork chop, jelly and some melon. This is my first week of low carb but I am finding there are lots of lovely things I can still eat

• Like Like x 3
  6. dollydreamer

dollydreamer Type 2 · Active Member

This seems really balanced to me. i'm having homemade green smoothie made with almond milk and low fat yoghurt, spinach, chia and golden linseeds, 1/2 avocado and 1/2 apple and stick of celery. i also mix in 20g of rye flakes

lunch is lentil veg soup, 2 ladles

dinner is pearl barley with edame beans salad and 100g large prawns with a yoghurt and mint dressing

snacks are 1 slice german rye bread with a cheese triangle

i'm using my fitness pal to log all my food and exercise from tracker on my phone

ive found for me weighing out my food has helped me enormously as before i was not aware of portion size.

portion control is working for me, tho i do have odd days when i wake up from a nap and have binged. im looking into this to see if it mite be low blood sugar that causes this or it mite be im not eating enough so will increase my protein. or it cud be just got fed up of control but it was hunger related and i cudnt stop.

fasting blood this am was 7.2 which is good considering i was 14 four weeks ago. i cant wait till i get in the 5's but im seeing diabetic nurse on thursday and gonna speak to her about lowering medication if hba1c is low enough.

7. Ian_Laye

Ian_Laye Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Home from work at 7am and had Asda fresh Chicken & Mushroom soup then bed, got up at 4pm and had 8oz Steak with Green Beans, Brussel Sprouts & Broccoli accompanied by a nice bottle of Malbec. 3hrs later 4.5mmol

• Winner Winner x 3
  8. suginami

suginami Type 2 · Member

Small bowl of organic jumbo oatmeal cooked in water. Blueberries chopped apple. Sesame seeds. Black coffee. No sugar.
    Lunch 2 slices of whole grain bread and homemade hummus
    Snack. Whole grain bread with marmite
    Dinner small bowl of brown rice and veg.

9. kokhongw

kokhongw I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My usual plate of Roast pork belly for lunch...

4.0 mmol pre-meal
    4.4 mmol post-meal

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Helen_A

Helen_A Type 2 · Newbie

No breakfast, but had "Ovenight Oats" for brunch:

20g Oats, 200g Natural Yoghurt (Fat Free), 200g Fruit Mix (Blackberry, Strawberry, Blackcurrent, Raspberry).

I made it last night, which gives the yoghurt time to soak in to the oats/porridge and the fruit to defrost.

Not too high in carbs for me, but most recipes say 40g oats, which does give me a blood sugar spike.

Lovely! :)

Helen xxx

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dr Snoddy

Dr Snoddy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Breakfast. 15 blueberries, 3 dessert spoons of fat-free plain yoghurt, sprinkling of seeded, nutty muesli. Black coffee.
    Walked 6 miles.
    Lunch. Pret a manger vegan salad
    Snack. Dark choc fruit and nut bar 24g carb.
    Dinner. Olives, 3 small falafel, homemade smoked aubergine salad (new experiment!) and roasted sweet potato and carrot salad.
    Black tea and water.
    Would have been looking really healthy without the snack bar but I did enjoy it!

12. Phdpaul

Phdpaul Type 2 · Member

B: 1 pepperami, small chunk of cheese and a full fat heavy cream coffee. Yum!
    L: Tuna mayo with onions
    D: Slow roasted Brisket with roast onions and mushroom gravy with 3 pieces of carrot. Then heavy cream, handful of berries, vanilla seeds and cinnamon for afters. Bg post-pred 4.8.

13. samsmeat

samsmeat Type 2 · Member

Not very good with regular meals but trying to change diet bit by bit.
    Forgot to do readings as rushing around
    Breakfast cappuccino (not good but down to a couple a day compared to what I was drinking)
    Lunch - didn't eat till 3pm - chicken sandwich in wholemeal bread - yogurt - checked blood sugars but not until I go home from work at 7pm and they were 7.9 thought they would have been lower
    Dinner Spag Bolognese and a cappuccino (BS 2 hr post meal 9.2).
    Snack - two digestive biscuits and another cappuccino (oops) will see what the damage is in a bit

Probably not eating enough - recording food is defiantly making me realise I don't drink enough

14. JohnDavis73

JohnDavis73 Type 2 · Newbie

Did this book help anybody? https://goo.gl/tQctEV
    As per the reviews in Amazon, book suggests good foods to help our condition get better.

Need suggestions. Thank you.

15. Silent_partner

Silent_partner Type 2 · Member

wheels came off today.
    breakfast: egg, bacon, mushroms, tomato and toast
    lunch:chicken butter curry, sweet potato and veg.
    tea: 3 pancakes with fruit spead.
    in between : 2 pears and 1 gratefruit
    reading this evening 8,3 mmol/L
    try to be good tomarow

16. linnylinny

linnylinny · Member

I eat protein and healthy fats at every meal and veggies, this keeps me fuelled all day, I eat little and often but no high carbs, past 75% carb. I eat sweet potatoes 21% carb.

Attached Files:

17. JohnnyBaker12021970

JohnnyBaker12021970 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi, all, at 12:30 AM on Tuesday 4th July,

Haven't eaten anything today, yet, but yesterday in the morning when I got my friend Gary's computer back online round his mum's house and fixed the pump in the aquarium, ate a nice meal his mum gave me of 3 rashers of fried, unsmoked back bacon, 2 fried eggs and 2 slices of Tesco Everyday Value white bread with margarine. I also. round there, ate 1 bag of ready salted Walker's potato crisps and had a can of Tesco's own brand Cola, non-Diet.

Yesterday, late afternoon, early evening, I ate a meat feast deep pan cheesy pizza. It had melted cheese, tomato puree, sweet peppers, minced beef, ham, pepperoni and chopped onion.

I didn't take my blood glucose yesterday but my fasting blood glucose today at 12:30 AM was 5.3.

• Like Like x 1
  18. douglas99

douglas99 I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

4 cheese deep pan pizza for dinner.

19. Ian_Laye

Ian_Laye Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

B = Fresh coffee and BOB Milk
    L = Fresh Coffee and BOB Milk
    D = 2 sandwiches, one comprising 2 slices of Burgen bread 3slices pastrami. 3 slices of onion & Frenchys American mustard. The other was 2 slices Burgen bread 3slices of onion, 2 slices of Stilton and some Mayonaise. all bread was buttered. 2hrs after BG was 4.8mmol
    S = 3 glassed or red wine

20. Lily76

Lily76 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

140g homemade bircher museli and a coffee with almond milk.

Museli = FF Greek Yoghurt, 2 granny smith apples (grated), 100g oats, chopped walnuts [4 or 5 servings]

I don't find this spikes my blood sugar.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook