Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9.0 today. Less than 20g carbohydrates yesterday and didn't over do the protein. I am finding these high fasting levels frustrating to say the least...

hey , well yes that must be frustrating... if I were you I´d try metformin, but maybe you have already been there... it helps by slowing the livers transformation of protein into glucose..

Last edited:

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8 this morning. Newly diagnosed 3 weeks ago. First time I have had a number beginning 6!!! Awful headache though.
Welcome. A good place to be if afflicted with diabetes. Sorry about the head.:(

Swiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hey , well yes that must be frustrating... if I were you I´d try metformin, but maybe you have already been there... it helps by slowing the livers trandformation of protein into glucose..
Thanks @Freema I have never been prescribed any medication but I am seeing a nurse at my practice on 4th February so I will ask.

Reactions: 13lizanne

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
6.2 this morning :). Got the results of last weeks HbA1c test. I was diagnosed on 30 September 2016 with a reading of 51.7, now, six months later, I'm 39!! I've dropped back to "normal" LCHF really does work. So pleased.:joyful: Thanks to you all for your continued support. Must keep on the right track. Oh the hardship!:D
Well done. You deserve the excellent new hba1c number @callyandy :) :) :)