Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe but if I'm out of my 4.7 to 5.1 fasting band, without good reason (e.g. illness), I'm not extatic

Don't forget that meters have a +/- 20% accuracy range. Your reading could have been a 4.3, or 6.2!

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bonjour@Baruney, no, I don't mind you asking - it was 201/102 my pulse rate was 48. When I get up in the morning, these days, it is usually about 184/95 and my pulse rate is about 56.
Last year, and up to February, it was perfectly normal, 125/72 and my pulse was usually 64-70.
At first I thought it might be a consequence of weight loss, but now I don't know.
I do a fair bit of exercise, but even then, the BP is still what I consider to be high, at144/90

Do you use an inexpensive home BP device? I have a wrist one and it's useless. Weight loss is supposed to improve BP. Was pleased with mine at my appraisal yesterday - 128/70 even though I had walked for 25 minutes to get to the surgery and I had sat down for barely 30 seconds before being summoned to the consulting room!

Reactions: 2 people

Merrylizard1314

I wonder if your raised BP was in direct response to the 4.4 - that for me would be uncomfortably low and if you're heading towards a hypo, it would possibly raise your BP as your body is stressed - my heart races like mad when going hypo - due to the release of adrenalin. Was it still high later when your BG was higher?

Hi, BooJewels, thanks for your interest, but no, the 4.4 mmmol/L is normal for me, I'm not on insulin or diabetes medication. After dinner this evening, my post-prandial at 2 hours was 4.7 and BP was150/88 p50

Merrylizard1314

Do you use an inexpensive home BP device? I have a wrist one and it's useless. Weight loss is supposed to improve BP. Was pleased with mine at my appraisal yesterday - 128/70 even though I had walked for 25 minutes to get to the surgery and I had sat down for barely 30 seconds before being summoned to the consulting room!

My BP monitor has been tested with the one my GP uses

Croc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Hi @Croc do you meant the 7 fasting or the 8.9 after bread?

The 7 was the morning fasting. Two small toast and then walking to and from work and running around like a blue ***** fly while I was there and 6 and a half hours later with nothing else to eat and my BS was 8.9. A couple of weeks ago the same routine was giving.readings under 6.

Reactions: 4 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bonjour@Baruney, no, I don't mind you asking - it was 201/102 my pulse rate was 48. When I get up in the morning, these days, it is usually about 184/95 and my pulse rate is about 56.
Last year, and up to February, it was perfectly normal, 125/72 and my pulse was usually 64-70.
At first I thought it might be a consequence of weight loss, but now I don't know.
I do a fair bit of exercise, but even then, the BP is still what I consider to be high, at144/90
Yes that does seem high especially as your pulse is so low but, unfortunately, that's about as far as my knowledge goes. Take care of yourself until you can get to the bottom of it. Are you off to the docs for a second appraisal?

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry, I'm actually not referring to the variance, it was a rhetorical question, co's I'm usually below 6.0
Phew. Just out of interest which one are you using as I'm going to change mine soon.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The 7 was the morning fasting. Two small toast and then walking to and from work and running around like a blue ***** fly while I was there and 6 and a half hours later with nothing else to eat and my BS was 8.9. A couple of weeks ago the same routine was giving.readings under 6.
Yep, I've heard that those blue ***** flyes aren't particularly helpful for bs control.

There's been a study on it saying that it can increase your levels by about 2.9 mmoles on a weekday but reduce them by the same amount on a weekend. NICE guidelines state that you should eat extra carbohydrates in the former of cake or fish and chips if BAFing on a weekend.

Reactions: 6 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
It'll have to be cake.

I don't like fish or chips

Reactions: 4 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds yum the cake seemed to work for me been like BAF all day and had a Mr Kipling lemon slice about 3 and bs just now 6.7 after a cup of tea and a bottle of water :)

Reactions: 13 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Do you use an inexpensive home BP device? I have a wrist one and it's useless. <snip>
Asda often have the Omron M2 at £10. If it goes back up to £20, wait and it will be back down soon!

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Vit 90 thank you for reply, no not aimimg for ketosis just reducing my carbs.

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Asda often have the Omron M2 at £10. If it goes back up to £20, wait and it will be back down soon!

It was a while ago when I was very overweight and I got a bit paranoid about BP but no problems now so no need for BP monitor now, it at least for now! :)

Reactions: 6 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
8.3 this morning and woke up early to the sun pouring through my bedroom window so got up :):stop::D

Reactions: 23 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 6.3 this sunny morn.

Reactions: 24 people
Status
Not open for further replies.