Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.0 this morning, also lost another 0.3 kg in the last week.

I was 6.2 before dinner after 2-3 hours gardening, but 5.5 at +2.5 - should have been +2 but I was glued to the athletics and forgot. I've had that drop before when the preprandial was a bit high (I did retest to check).

Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3.8 for me today, which I have to be very happy with, bearing in mind I've just had a day travelling and shifting time zones, and a spaced out, tired day yesterday. I'm quite chilly this morning; obviously feeling the environmental changes from tropics to here, but I'll just have to make sure I put on a few more clothes than I've been wearing in recent months!

I've just drafted my to-do list, which is enormous, but today's focus has to be on starting my car (I hope it should be fine as the battery has been disconnected), and working my way through the 5 months post that was waiting for me. We have worked hard over the last couple of years to absolutely minimise out paper post, but still it keeps coming! I flicked through the envelopes yesterday and nothing looks too serious. I'll also liberate my bike, from it's storage space, suspended from the garage roof. I'm trying to block out the lawns which really need some attention. We've had someone doing them, in our absence, but I'm particular. Ahem. Tomorrow or Tuesday will be early enough for those.

Reactions: 2 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you.
Having access to this site with all the information and encouragement is truly amazing.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Hi mandingo! Welcome.............I'm fairly new too, coming up 8 weeks, was lost for a couple of days then found this fab forum and have learnt so much, lovely folk, advice and support- had I not been diagnosed I wouldn't have been feeling as good now!!

Reactions: 3 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 on going to bed
5.4 on getting up.
Pleased with both those, and hopefully I have stopped yo-yo-ing now.

Reactions: 5 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Mornings usually 7.6 or there a bouts

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A nasty 6.7 this morning but went to bed a bit high on 6.3 and had a rough night. 4.8 before evening meal tonight so hoping I go to bed lower.

Reactions: 2 people

paulins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Feeling I can never eat anything sweet again or anything with carbs. But thought of diabetes complications scares me more so it is a no brainer!
4.4 for me today. Just had (biggish) dinner - after 1 hr 6.5. Will do again in an hour.

Reactions: 4 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
thank you, at last i,m seeing results
And how do you feel Ally? Better? If you begin to feel a bit dizzy it might be due to your body getting used to your new BG level. That's what I was told by my DN anyway :). Just mentioned it in case you experience it.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
peacetrain, i,m so happy thats its slowely going down

Reactions: 6 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 for me!! Had a day of no higher than 5.8 yesterday and went to bed at 5.5

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's me back to my "go-to" 4.1 today.

This morning, I have had my usual breakfast, and intend to be properly into business as usual mode. Yesterday I felt fine, but I just couldn't make up my mind what to eat; and actually wanting to eat all sorts of alien stuff for me. I mean. I even made up some sugar-free jelly last night. Bizarre. Anyway, it is sitting in the fridge, nicely set, this morning. I may, or may not eat it over the next couple of days. I mean. I don't "do" puddings.

So, for today, I have to knock a few things off the to-do list. I'm pleased to report there was nothing urgent in the mountain of post, although I was disappointed to find our GP had made an appointment for my OH to have a periodic review, which he clearly missed. What a waste of an appointment. I also had several letters inviting, then reminding, then telling me off, relating to annual retinopathy screening. But, at least there was no wasted appointment. So, I must give the surgery a call.

Have a good day everyone.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 this morning. I can't seem to get this reading down- beginning to think i need to get up earlier and eat before my liver gets scared.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.3, still fluctuating in the high 5s and low 6s. Mind you it is Monday morning, always more stressful. Percentage weight loss now 16%, looking forward to seeing if there's a step change at 17% that some have observed.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
After a big meal at 7-30pm (too much of everything including roast spuds, gravy, peas and carrots) I was 6.9 at 2 hours and delighted! I went to bed at plus 4 hours and was still up at 6.3 (wine?) but happily down to 5.9 this morning. Higher than average but hey! I enjoyed my Sunday roast and happy it didn't do too much damage.

@sanguine Rod, it was at 17% that I dropped to mid 5's from 6's.
@cold ethyl I started getting up an hour earlier and have kept to it. What I noticed most was my pre-lunch readings dropped drastically, clearly because there was more of a gap between breakfast and lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.