Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
andbreathe, i,m not due to see either

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
The confusions is completely understandable. We've all been there, and I remember it well. But, part of getting rid of the confusion is to understand the interaction of our bodies and the food we are consuming. It's a bit of a roller-coaster ride, but knowledge is power.

If you intend to "eat sensibly", then, rather than be demoralised, you might actually have some pleasant surprises. If you intend to just step away from everything until Monday (or whenever), then there's a danger that come Monday you can't face it. Have you ever thought to yourself (before all of this), "I'll start my diet on Monday", and somehow it just doesn't quite happen?

Clearly, you have to decide what you do, but whatever you eat this weekend your bloods will do what they do. Maybe you're much less curious than me. I can be a bit of a data monster.

I'll get off your case now. But, good luck, whichever route you take. :)
Thanks for that I have started a diary of foods, But what might help you to understand a bit more is that I have only been self testing for three days so in this instance perhaps having the weekend off is not so important I am aware of the I'll do it later syndrome, but you will see me testing again next week I promise, have a good weekend

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
andbreathe, i,m not due to see either

I thought were on a care plan? Even those of us not on a care plan with reasonable control see our nurse 3monthly initially/6monthly/very least annually. I suggest you chase this up. Was nothing said to you about your next review and HbA1c test?

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i see the diabetic nurse around may/june next year
i,m still waiting to hear from the surgery about seeing my gp for the care plan, no idea when he will see me

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
i see the diabetic nurse around may/june next year
i,m still waiting to hear from the surgery about seeing my gp for the care plan, no idea when he will see me

Well I don't think that is good enough. You should be seeing your nurse every 3 months at the moment, in my opinion. They should at least be checking your bloods to make sure you are on track.

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's seems very poor care to me. Ally. Given your blood sugar levels and recent hospital stay, I would have thought they would be seeing you three monthly as a minimum until everything stabilises and you have consistent control. I saw mine after couple of months , then because levels dramatically down and weight loss good they have said 6 monthly then annual review couple of months later, Don't be fobbed off.

Reactions: 5 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i will call the surgery on tuesday and ask about seeing the DN

Reactions: 6 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bank Holiday guessing game?

Given my perplexing fasting bs, would anyone like to take a guess at what they will be tomorrow? ;)

Today's have been:

Fasting - 7.5
Breakfast +2 - 7.9
pre Lunch - 5.3
Lunch +2 - 5.1
pre dinner - 5.3
Dinner +2 - 5.7
10pm - 5.8

Supper at 6pm was a cheese and mushroom 3 egg omelette with green salad and cherry tomatoes, followed by sugar free jelly & cream.

Too tired/busy to remember to make the evening cup of coffee or have square of chocolate. Final drink of the day is a liquorice & cinnamon tea

:confused:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Bank Holiday guessing game?

Given my perplexing fasting bs, would anyone like to take a guess at what they will be tomorrow? ;)

Today's have been:

Fasting - 7.5
Breakfast +2 - 7.9
pre Lunch - 5.3
Lunch +2 - 5.1
pre dinner - 5.3
Dinner +2 - 5.7
10pm - 5.8

Supper at 6pm was a cheese and mushroom 3 egg omelette with green salad and cherry tomatoes, followed by sugar free jelly & cream.

Too tired/busy to remember to make the evening cup of coffee or have square of chocolate. Final drink of the day is a liquorice & cinnamon tea

:confused:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lot of protein possibly at dinner time. 6.9 is my guess ;)

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I'll go for 6.4 Diana

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was in 4's all day yesterday and for some reason after dinner shot up to 7.9 and all I had was soup with whatever veggies I had and was shocked to see the readings, no carbs no sugar at all. Starting my day at 6.1 now and I have always been about .5 higher in morning than the night before.

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning however i did have some homemade popcorn last night and a satsuma

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.3 - [clutching at straws] I opened a new tub of strips on Friday (same allegedly rogue batch) and numbers have been a couple of points higher it seems [/clutching at straws].

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning. Last night 4.0 pre meal then 4.1 at 1 hour and 4.1 just before bed. Been in the garden all day hence the 4.0 and then I blame the 2 beers I had as a reward to flatlining afterwards! 66g of carbs including 30 for the beers.

Maxwell

Reactions: 5 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi what is the new batch pls i will check as well

If you are using an SD Codefree, there are some *possible* issues with strips in tubs marked with the batch number S0313438.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7. 2. :( I've let @sanguine and @Bluetit1802 down and will probably now have to pay a forfeit!

Unusually for me I was awake in the night a couple of times with some mildly unpleasant withdrawal effects after taking myself off co-codomol last week, but used the time to check my bs at 3am and 4am when they were 6.4 and 6.6 respectively. Apart from some random housework and popping to the shops for a newspaper, I didn't do any physical exercise yesterday as I was deskbound with follow-ups from my day in Birmingham, replying to emails and blogging.

I've come to the conclusion I'm getting mine and someone else's share of the DP so if they'd like to come and claim it back they will find me chilling at my beach hut today :)

Have a good day everyone

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.