Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 this morning, so bang in the middle of my morning range. I'm also pleased to say my 7 day and 14 day averages are coming back into line, as the impact of "that batch" moves through my records.

Not too much else to report to be honest. It's been an odd day, weather-wise, here today, going this morning from cold and wet to lovely balmy sunshine within 30 minutes. I gather we have a few warmer days coming up, which I'll enjoy.

Reactions: 6 people

minidvr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Politics, Celebrity Life Styles being pushed as the ideal.
5.1 this morning. Don't know why I tested, just did. :) Normally only test once a week on a Friday when it was 5.3.

Reactions: 2 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 today.......now off for my retinopathy screening

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3.9 for me this morning. Why is it raining? I want to do the lawns today!

Oh well, in the absence of a weather window I'll just have to get around to doing some more of the admin I detest. We have a number of insurances due for renewal in the next couple of months, so it's time to do comparative quotes. The quotes are easy, it's examining the small print that takes the time. I got out of this last year, as we both spent this part of the year in UK. Come home OH!! Curiously, he'll be back just after everything needs to be sorted. If I didn't know there was a different driving factor behind his timing, I'd swear he was avoiding the task. But, I'll pull last year's spreadsheet out of our shared area, so at least I'm not starting with a blank sheet of paper, and it's harder to miss the important (to us) clauses.

Have a great day everyone. Fair warning, I may be grumpy later. :)

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
5.7 this morning, but not quite fasting as I forgot to check until I'd eaten the first ryvita.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A yucky 7.1 this morning. Did eat dinner late though - 8.30 and had a fair amount of onion do wondering if that's the cause. I was expecting it to be lower today since changing my ways. Guess not :(

Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
they pop drops in your eyes then tell you if you get severe headache and eye pain later it's an emergency and to go back to eye unit ( even though our local hospital closes at 5.30 and there's no A and E!)- you wait till you can't see properly then they take photos of back of eyes and say they'll write to you in few weeks. My eyes stung for days afterwards so I walked round like Audrey Hepburn with big shades on.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good lord!

So I guess I won't be able to drive myself there then?!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No you can't drive afterwards as vision blurry and sometimes depth perception goes for a bit. They do tell you to take sunglasses as your pupils are dilated by the drops so light does make them water.

Reactions: 5 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning- or 4.7 after adjustment (latest codefree strips reading high - I hope!)

Maxwell

Reactions: 5 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No you can't drive afterwards as vision blurry and sometimes depth perception goes for a bit. They do tell you to take sunglasses as your pupils are dilated by the drops so light does make them water.
Yep.....my daughter says my eyes look glazed and I look stoned!! It's raining here and I came back with my Brooklyn up and sunglasses on!! Drops really did sting, lovely young man did my screening and he,was really informative. Still blurred three hours on and light is a bit too much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.