Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 before dinner
5.6 after
5,5 fasting

It's just not going any further down so bit disappointed
I really want to stop Metformin and then see what effect it makes on my blood but the doc said we can't stop it till you show you are able to keep it down for over a year.

Reactions: 3 people

alliebee

9.0 this morning. Went bed at 6.4 after suggested late snack of cheese and 2 brazil nuts. Was 4.8 before dinner. Its slowly coming down

Reactions: 5 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.0 this morning. Went bed at 6.4 after suggested late snack of cheese and 2 brazil nuts. Was 4.8 before dinner. Its slowly coming down
how much metformin are you on, you have very good before tea numbers and bad liver dump of a morning. are you on the 2000mg a day?

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.8 this morning, liver must be over the Channel now, levels getting back to 'normal'. Quite a bit of walking today and pre dinner was 4.6, so tomorrow morning should be interesting.

Well it was, but at 6.5 not quite what I had in mind :(. Dinner out at a Mexican, which doesn't usually give problems if I stick to burger (no bun) and salad, maybe there was something in the sauce that came with the starter mushrooms, maybe I had one or two more taco crisps than I should have! At +2 I was 6.8, then had another glass of red wine in the hotel bar (complimentary) and went to bed on 7.3, so at least it came down overnight. It's a game, eh?

Reactions: 6 people

alliebee

Hi jack. On 750 mg SR. Twice a day...4 weeks ago after a period of stupid denial I was getting most readings of 13 and 14 in the morning. I'm now 4 weeks in to lchf (mod protein) and my daytime readings are dropping well. Just this pesky morning dump one. Tried no supper. Brunnerias teasp peanut butter. Or cheese supper. But I'm still high most mornings

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well it was, but at 6.5 not quite what I had in mind :(. Dinner out at a Mexican, which doesn't usually give problems if I stick to burger (no bun) and salad, maybe there was something in the sauce that came with the starter mushrooms, maybe I had one or two more taco crisps than I should have! At +2 I was 6.8, then had another glass of red wine in the hotel bar (complimentary) and went to bed on 7.3, so at least it came down overnight. It's a game, eh?

I couldn't agree more. It's a game of mysteries. :(

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi jack. On 750 mg SR. Twice a day...4 weeks ago after a period of stupid denial I was getting most readings of 13 and 14 in the morning. I'm now 4 weeks in to lchf (mod protein) and my daytime readings are dropping well. Just this pesky morning dump one. Tried no supper. Brunnerias teasp peanut butter. Or cheese supper. But I'm still high most mornings
the morning is the last to be fixed, the LCHF is working by the before and after tea numbers.
insulin resistance and liver dump..if it was me I'd ask the dr about 2000 SR a day. the extra 500 might help for now

alliebee

Thanks Jack. I've been wondering that seeing that many on here are on a higher dose...lchf is working well. I've lost 12 lbs so far and never hungry like I used to be. I feel much better too. Would love to know how to avoid liver dump. Even thought of setting alarm at 5am and eating half a baby bel lol. But don't think I could face it

Reactions: 3 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Jack. I've been wondering that seeing that many on here are on a higher dose...lchf is working well. I've lost 12 lbs so far and never hungry like I used to be. I feel much better too. Would love to know how to avoid liver dump. Even thought of setting alarm at 5am and eating half a baby bel lol. But don't think I could face it
Don't worry about it, it's early days, this will keep you busy for an hour and ask the dr about 2000 :)
https://www.google.com.au/#q=insulin resistance liver dump metformin

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another mystery for me. Another night time rise but this time it didn't come down by morning (it did yesterday)

5.6 before tea
6.6 at 2hrs after tea
6.0 at 2.5hrs after tea
5.4 at 3hrs after tea
5.1 at bedtime
5.7 at 2.15am (bathroom visit)
5.6 this morning

I tested almost every half an hour yesterday (22 times - very sore fingers) to try and find where I am missing some rises that gave rise to my disappointing HbA1c. I am still no wiser. I am now putting it behind me and regarding it as a blip.

Reactions: 10 people

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
7.5 fasting this morning,Im used to 6.8,fasting,had fresh figs cheese and ham salad at 8pm last night.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

It really is still early days for you alliebee. By your own admission, your control wasn't as it should have been for a while, and your body will be trying like mad to protect it's "comfort zone". I think it'll happen on its own, once your liver realises you really mean these new levels.

That said, a glass of red occasionally is very nice. ;)

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3.6 for me this morning. I had done with sleeping early this morning, so the reading follows where I would expect it to be at 05:30, so all's good.

I'll say this bit very quietly now, because I don't want to put a hex on it, but I think I may just have stabilised my weight. My day to day variation is now pretty solid at +/- 1kg, so hopefully I may just have a longer term eating plan. Of course, when my OH comes home shortly, that may change as he takes over in the kitchen..............

Reactions: 7 people

Sallybear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
17.2 this morning felt nauseous most of today, only just eaten for the first time hasn't helped.

Still, get my results tomorrow afternoon and should hear more about the next plan of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.