Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@pavlosn I really want to move to Cyprus looking at the daily pics you post. Today is a lot better than the winters we are heading towards and not really looking forward to it really unless on the weekend snuggled in a duvet if I get time to do that :)

Reactions: 4 people

alliebee

[USER@bluetit I'm the same today. I thinks its the carbs. Its going to be a hard battle increasing portion sizes v carbs v fat...Im finding after 12 weeks my appetite has halved? I don't / can't eat between meals at this point as I'm still testing foods and it would throw everything out..increase fats.? I don't see how I can...I really can't stomach bullet coffee :( feel like I've taken speed ). And I've lost another pound.. its ok but I need to stop it now..if I eat more protein than I'm currently on it raises my bgs. As I could happily eat huge steaks lol....I never in my life dreamed id have a problem with losing weight.lol.

Reactions: 3 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine 12.8 last night knew i should resist the apple and blackberry crumble at Toby last night (yummy :)). 6.5 this morning so not too bad considering what i had last night. Naughty girl.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@pavlosn I really want to move to Cyprus looking at the daily pics you post. Today is a lot better than the winters we are heading towards and not really looking forward to it really unless on the weekend snuggled in a duvet if I get time to do that :)
Flying to Manchester for a long weekend on Thursday night ( wife managed to get tickets for the City -vs- United game as a treat to our son and I get to tug along), so let's hope I bring some of the Cyprus weather with me:)

I'll be packing winter clothes just in case though.

Pavlos

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
[USER@bluetit I'm the same today. I thinks its the carbs. Its going to be a hard battle increasing portion sizes v carbs v fat...Im finding after 12 weeks my appetite has halved? I don't / can't eat between meals at this point as I'm still testing foods and it would throw everything out..increase fats.? I don't see how I can...I really can't stomach bullet coffee :( feel like I've taken speed ). And I've lost another pound.. its ok but I need to stop it now..if I eat more protein than I'm currently on it raises my bgs. As I could happily eat huge steaks lol....I never in my life dreamed id have a problem with losing weight.lol.

I'm going to be a little radical here. When I finish typing, I'll sit on the naughty step for a while.....................

OK. Allie, it's all a bit of a puzzle for all of us who have gone through this.

For myself, my next step (which I didn't have to take, so I can't prove my feeling) was going to be another slight upping of protein and/or modifying my meal mix to include further portions of more calorific meats - lamb or pork, and the odd bit of pate might have done it too, being substituted for some chicken. I'm not sure if that would actually work, but I had reached a point where I was content to allow my average blood scores to go up a tiny bit (don't ask me to quantify that bit, because I was going to have to work it out on the hoof). In my experience, it would have been likely to go up a little for a few days, then moderate back again as my body got the hang of increasing the insulin and enzymes required for digestion.

It's maybe something to think around??

OK. I'm 57. Does that mean I need 57 minutes on the naughty step?

Can the naughty step be upstairs, where I have to change the bed, please?

alliebee

Lol. @AndBreathe no naughty step for you. There's a lot of sense there...I think its just a bit of a panic as id been in control and still early days. I think you are most probably right..pate sounds good. More fatty meat. I could do that...wow this thing keeps us on our toes doesn't it ? Lol. Thankyou food for thought if not for tummy :)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Allie, I've still a couple of stone to lose but am already thinking of what I will do to maintain. I haven't gone really high fat despite cutting my carbs as I also think you need to watch the calories to lose weight and fat is easy to go overboard with .. Just a sliver extra of cheese is enough to bump me over my 1200 cals a day, so what I'm reckoning on doing is just increasing my portion sizes of fat a bit. Maybe cook my mushrooms in butter and olive oil instead of dry frying, or have a piece of cheese as a snack. Or even as Andbreathe has said, swap lean meat for fattier one occasionally. I suspect that there is a bottom that you won't go below .. I know when my mum lost 7st she dropped below her target weight by about 1/2 st initially but then settled somewhere midway between the floor and her initial target and has stayed there since.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
6.3 before breakfast.
While I was in hospital I had all single numbers even as low as 3.4.
Really pleased about lower numbers now

alliebee

Thankyou. That's helpful...I'm already using butter with almost everything olive oil coconut oil...It seems wierdly that the more fat I consume at low carb levels. The more weight I'm losing. Its unreal?? A bit of trial and error is maybe in order now

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Allibee your not an attention seaker your just trying to find out ways of managing your diabetes. Have you been on or asked to go on a DESMOND course they are really helpful. If you can i would say go on one. Any probs just keep asking away.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why not try decaff, if caff is too much.

I've heard mixed reactions to Mr Bullettproof's theories on whether it is the fungus found on badly stored coffee beens that causes the coffee-jitters. But from my experience, if I buy really good coffee, I don't get those jitters at all. But it needs to be those fancy 'single estate beans, lovingly caressed into the coffee roaster by skilled artisan' kinda thing. I buy decaff, because I have always had a problem with caffiene, but not really sure I need to with good quality beans...

Sorry if that turned into a wee lecture. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.