Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

5.7 before bed
7.2 on waking
10.2 before breakfast :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I think my liver hates me !!
It doesn't hate you =-O just telling you to eat sooner after waking so it doesn't need to give you the boost it thinks you need to set you up for the day :-D

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

No numbers today but wish I'd not run out of strips. Had cup if cocoa before bed and wanted to see how I react to all that milk before I go and get soya one. Had forgotten it was pretty high in carbs til I recalled the "cups if tea wth splash of milk" helping to take low readings up. Was naughty, very seeded very oatmeal bread toast for breakfast wth lots of Butter and smear of reduced sugar marmalade. Oh dear, can't test that either ;-). Have a good day everyone :)

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

My English is very rusty from decades of partial use only. I had never heard of brass monkeys crying before, only that "its cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey " Wonder how they react to high FBG?
Your English is marvelous, as is @pavlosn 's. Don't think I've a word of either of your natural languages.....

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have only ever had one morning fasting test (part of a full blood analysis) and it was 4.5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys sorry not been on for a while asthma is really playing up have been in A+E over the weekend. They think its due to cold damp weather and change in meds. Steroids been increased for 2wks then back to Guys to see nurse.
Sugar level 6.5 this morning and staying under 9 which i think is good with the steroids been higher.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Sorry to hear that Lou. I hope you are feeling much better now.

Reactions: 3 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No numbers today but wish I'd not run out of strips. Had cup if cocoa before bed and wanted to see how I react to all that milk before I go and get soya one. Had forgotten it was pretty high in carbs til I recalled the "cups if tea wth splash of milk" helping to take low readings up. Was naughty, very seeded very oatmeal bread toast for breakfast wth lots of Butter and smear of reduced sugar marmalade. Oh dear, can't test that either ;-). Have a good day everyone :)

What's the betting you wouldn't have had that breakfast if you hadn't run out of strips!! Lol ;)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 bedtime
6.9 fasting

This morning I have a telephone assessment prior to a liver scan. Not sure how that's going to work.....o_O

It'll be easy. You'll tell them you're all fine and healthy. They'll tell you to eat, or not eat, drink or not drink before the procedure, then remind you when your appointment is.

Good luck with it. When is the main event, and are you going to ask if they can see anything in terms of visceral fat around your liver and any other organs? I'd be planning a bit of a charm offensive to try to get lots of lovely peripheral information. The sonographer, or whatever he/she is will be thrilled to have an engaged patient, I hope.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 for me this morning. The Lorraine Pascale Beef Chilli with Butternut Squash was very nice yesterday evening. The recipe said "Serves 4", but I put 4 portions, plus enough for either another single portion or a couple of jacket spuds into the freezer. Ms Pascale must be used to feeding hungrier people than us - or rugby players!

Reactions: 8 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Average of 5.9 today ( ignoring the weird outlier of 7!!!) this pot does seem to reakky need you to wash every nook and cranny of your fingers to get a sensible reading. Up a bit from bedtime but I didn't take my Metformin last night as forgot when out. Alao someone remind me not to drink two cans of diet coke again. I normally have the caffeine free one but they don't serve it and I had the panic attack from hell in bed which I can only put down to the caffeine. Still jittery now.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Average of 5.9 today ( ignoring the weird outlier of 7!!!) this pot does seem to reakky need you to wash every nook and cranny of your fingers to get a sensible reading. Up a bit from bedtime but I didn't take my Metformin last night as forgot when out. Alao someone remind me not to drink two cans of diet coke again. I normally have the caffeine free one but they don't serve it and I had the panic attack from hell in bed which I can only put down to the caffeine. Still jittery now.

Nasty
Hope you feel better now?
Did you manage to test during/after panic attack? Understandable if you didnt!
I would be especially careful for the next few days, to keep bg on an even keel.
Panic attacks produce huge amounts of adrenalin, and that does terribly screwy, see-saw like things to people with RH (reactive hypoglycaemia), and can (in my case) knock me out of kilter for 3 or more days.

Take it easy... and I prescribe a nice, protein and fat filled lunch. :)

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It doesn't hate you =-O just telling you to eat sooner after waking so it doesn't need to give you the boost it thinks you need to set you up for the day :-D

Thanks Jan... I've tried to eat when I get up, but I really cant stomach food at 6:30am...I tried having a snack before I left for work, but this didn't help either, I've also tried eating my breakfast on the way to work - but then my head thinks its not had any breakfast lol I cant win at the moment:bigtears:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nasty
Hope you feel better now?
Did you manage to test during/after panic attack? Understandable if you didnt!
I would be especially careful for the next few days, to keep bg on an even keel.
Panic attacks produce huge amounts of adrenalin, and that does terribly screwy, see-saw like things to people with RH (reactive hypoglycaemia), and can (in my case) knock me out of kilter for 3 or more days.

Take it easy... and I prescribe a nice, protein and fat filled lunch. :)

Still really shaky this morning so going to have a nice eggy breakfast. Didn't test as I was so scared - nit had one as bad for ages so all I can blame is the diet coke and I'd a,so had a pot of normal,tea while waiting for friends. You live and learn. Going to just potter today and hopefully calm down a bit. Thanks x

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Jan... I've tried to eat when I get up, but I really cant stomach food at 6:30am...I tried having a snack before I left for work, but this didn't help either, I've also tried eating my breakfast on the way to work - but then my head thinks its not had any breakfast lol I cant win at the moment:bigtears:

Be like a hobbit and have two breakfasts!!

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.8 this morning (average of 5.4, 5.7, 6.5). I seldom get daytime readings in the 4s, they just seem to flatline in the 5s and low 6s after eating. I'm not drinking enough water though.

Reactions: 8 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I don't need to EAT, eat first thing.
But I do find that a single brazil nut, or 5 cashews, or a cheese string, or a pinch of sunflower seeds before I even get out of bed, which stop my Dawn Phenomenon dead.
Then I can bustle round as normal, and eat brekkie on my schedule, when I get downstairs.

Mind you, it takes about a week to properly kick in, and you have to be consistent. Well, I do. No idea if it will work for you... :)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I need to up the fluids too but it's hard to drink enough water when it's so cold and only so much green tea I can take before I'm like Mr Jennings in Le Fanu's tale.

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.